Sign in to follow this  
Mercer

Message Board's New Format/Layout

Would prefer it not to need resizing on iPhone tbh - I thought posting a photo had broken my phone but it’s similar on the lap top using the m.

Just now, Biz said:

Would prefer it not to need resizing on iPhone tbh - I thought posting a photo had broken my phone but it’s similar on the lap top using the m.

Can you clarify what you mean by resizing?

There is some bug (something that has been on the site for a while) which I believe is to do with the Google Ads banner, making the width of the page wider than it should be, and the main content ends up with some white-space to the right of it, but it's irregular (sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't). I will be looking into that, though.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Can you clarify what you mean by resizing?

There is some bug (something that has been on the site for a while) which I believe is to do with the Google Ads banner, making the width of the page wider than it should be, and the main content ends up with some white-space to the right of it, but it's irregular (sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't). I will be looking into that, though.

Basically what you said - the text doesn’t fit the screen - see below 

C69E6C20-ADB0-43C7-99B1-D3C5901683AE.png

55 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

@Biz Should be fixed now.

Still same for me Phil.

I'm on Samsung phone though.

Have logged out of web page and come back into website again to see of it reset.

Big white bit to the right.

No biggie, just thought I'd keep you in the loop.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

@Silas Can you let me know which Samsung model and browser/version you're using?

Same issue for me on a Samsung Galaxy A70.

It doesn't need resizing for me, but if I swipe a smidge to the left, the page flies left.

As for the new colour scheme: Fantastic!

I can get to the messageboard ok on my iPad. (10.3.3)

Using Safari, if I click on a thread kt gives "A poblem occured with this web page so it was reloaded" and stays blank.

On Chrome it gets to the messageboard and just doesn't load the thread. Just  freezes the tab and doesn't load.

No problem until today. Any ideas?

@Hasta Can you let me know the iOS version you're using. I just tested on Mojave with Safari 12.1 and Chrome 75, and couldn't simulate either issue.

IM having problems getting on the site for the last 24 hours just keeps saying can’t  load but only on this site. When I get on it’s really slow. Is it just me or anyone else having similar problems

I am having problem on ipad using safari too ..  just refuses to load up correctly. . Eventually when it does it just gets blank screens or part of posts .... this is about as close as I get 

1562350467414968856795.jpg

1562350508806334953657.jpg

1562350546166-1444932423.jpg

1562350609166-1383787413.jpg

I can see an issue on an iPad 4 with Safari. It's something to do with Google Ads and the YouTube iframe not being allowed to load because they are from external domains, but this problem would have existed on the old theme, as these have been in place for a year or more...