Sign in to follow this  
Mercer

Message Board's New Format/Layout

10 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Right, sorry about the chopping and changing of how the site looks, but thanks to help from @Stuart and @Herbie6590, I believe we've resolved the iOS issue with scrolling. And, yes, my fault, and no, I won't charge you (on this occasion 😀). If there are any further issues, please tag me.

There will be some further crediting due for our brand new logo. 🤩

Well done in finding it - and using your valuable Sunday too!

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Hmm. Think I prefer last season's colour scheme. I'll put it back on now.

Can we change the logo back to the red dot ASAP?

Just now, J*B said:

Can we change the logo back to the red dot ASAP?

We can apply the HAL/washed out Japan flag, including the old light blue colour, on this brand new theme for posters who get a warning. Maybe some Piccalilli colours mixed in here and there. Or maybe even a Dingle-based theme. Shall I set it up?

Yes...big thanks to @OnePhilT for his tenacity, @StubbsUK for technical guidance and gifs, @perthblue02 for some awesome graphic design ingenuity and I actually did some User Acceptance Testing so for once...I actually added value 😆

Let’s hope Rovers don’t dick around with change the kit again next season...

@OnePhilT ....now about that idea I had where the banner changed colour scheme on a day when we are wearing our away kit...? Phil...Phil...you there....? Phil...? 😳

Just now, OnePhilT said:

We can apply the HAL/washed out Japan flag, including the old light blue colour, on this brand new theme for posters who get a warning. Maybe some Piccalilli colours mixed in here and there. Or maybe even a Dingle-based theme. Shall I set it up?

I like it. It's like a yellow card.

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

@OnePhilT ....now about that idea I had where the banner changed colour scheme on a day when we are wearing our away kit...? Phil...Phil...you there....? Phil...? 😳

Don't worry, I'm working on the grey theme right now...

Very nice - love the logo and the addition of a bit more red into the theme. 

14 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Don't worry, I'm working on the grey theme right now...

The colour of your posts are driving me insane - it makes it look like i've highlighted your post to warn you!

Just now, J*B said:

The colour of your posts are driving me insane - it makes it look like i've highlighted your post to warn you!

Sorted now.

Having been in the private chat thread relating to the redesign and not understanding a word of all the technical jargon that the guys use, all I can say that I/we are extremely grateful that @OnePhilT and @StubbsUK plus the other technical backroom staff put in the hours and hours of their own free time to make the redesign happen.

Ditto all of our moderators, particularly @K-Hod and @Tom who again spend hours each day going through threads/responding to reports, which basically means that without our moderators the forums wouldn't be able to stay open.

Just now, Kamy100 said:

Having been in the private chat thread relating to the redesign and not understanding a word of all the technical jargon that the guys use, all I can say that I/we are extremely grateful that @OnePhilT and @StubbsUK plus the other technical backroom staff put in the hours and hours of their own free time to make the redesign happen.

Ditto all of our moderators, particularly @K-Hod and @Tom who again spend hours each day going through threads/responding to reports, which basically means that without our moderators the forums wouldn't be able to stay open.

Everyone in this thread can see that Phil worked on the problems all Sunday.

To clarify, that's working all Sunday, for free, just to give people a website.

I'd urge everyone that uses this forum to consider that before belting about negativities whether it's on here, twitter or anywhere else. Everyone working on it does it totally for free, in their spare time. Some of the nonsense which has seen really important people behind the scenes leave the website in the past is disgraceful.

2 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

I'll reiterate the effort from K-Hod and Tom. Being a mod kicked my arse at times.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Everyone in this thread can see that Phil worked on the problems all Sunday.

To clarify, that's working all Sunday, for free, just to give people a website.

I'd urge everyone that uses this forum to consider that before belting about negativities whether it's on here, twitter or anywhere else. Everyone working on it does it totally for free, in their spare time. Some of the nonsense which has seen really important people behind the scenes leave the website in the past is disgraceful.

I’m not sure what to make of that. Negative opinions about the football team, or negative comments about the site or admin?

The latter, I completely agree. People who help out on any voluntary basis are the real heroes out there. They deserve everyone’s respect, whether you are with their personal views or not.

Just now, Stuart said:

I’m not sure what to make of that. Negative opinions about the football team, or negative comments about the site or admin?

The latter, I completely agree. People who help out on any voluntary basis are the real heroes out there. They deserve everyone’s respect, whether you are with their personal views or not.

About the forum - I'm often as negative as you can be about the team!

Just now, J*B said:

About the forum - I'm often as negative as you can be about the team!

Me? Negative?

2E7AC693-92B0-4C5F-926B-D7BF600C35E9.thumb.jpeg.d651b36f4015fc307eda9a7f9555b1be.jpeg

Strangely only in certain threads; have I broken it with my nonsense? 

3CB6B5BA-DE1B-4EF1-B0B8-71E7090E0A43.png