BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS VS WIGAN

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, just don't get dropping of Graham and Chapman.  

Still got a gut feel about a Rovers' win and stuck a modest bet on at 7/2 earlier in week.  Was going to bang more on today subject to line up but not now.

Graham can think himself unlucky not to start, but aside from that the side spot on for us playing away from home against the league leaders where we'll potentially spend plenty of time without the ball, so no point playing Chapman and another striker.

Still going for a draw, so is Tony.

Just now, Gav said:

Graham can think himself unlucky not to start, but aside from that the side spot on for us playing away from home against the league leaders where we'll potentially spend plenty of time without the ball, so no point playing Chapman and another striker.

Still going for a draw, so is Tony.

And when we are 2 or 3 down what will mystic mogga do then when the draw becomes out of reach?  I expected a drubbing but this line up confirms Tony is scared of other teams 

Antonsson runs around a bit more which is what  we will need to start the game and Conway has the bit between his teeth and works hard to cover  

I have seen worse line ups and he still has the options on the bench. It does my head in to think we are in the position of being spooked out playing Wigan. Such is life. 

Just now, bigbrandjohn said:

Antonsson runs around a bit more which is what  we will need to start the game and Conway has the bit between his teeth and works hard to cover  

I have seen worse line ups and he still has the options on the bench. It does my head in to think we are in the position of being spooked out playing Wigan. Such is life. 

Antonnson runs around alright but to no purpose. When did he ever win the ball back off an opposing defender ? Would you be shaking in your boots having to mark him ? I wouldn't be. 

Mowbray has set us up not to lose  so I expect the cavalry to be brought on when the damage has been done and it's too late.

Must win game for those that think we are still in the automatic promotion hunt. A draw or defeat means that we will be in the mix for top 6 at best.

I suspect we'll go for a bore draw and lose. Mowbray is too negative for automatic promotion.

Team set up to draw and 2-1 to Wigan.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Playing a bloke up front on his own who can't hold up the ball is lunacy...especially as we may resort to hoofing it when they put us under pressure.

Lets hope the other nine players man up and step up to the plate to make sure we aint under pressure and just hoofing !

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Lets hope the other nine players man up and step up to the plate to make sure we aint under pressure and just hoofing !

It's not a case of 'manning up' if everybody drops deep because that's how Mowbray has set the team up. If you drop deep you have to have someone up front who can get hold the ball. Antonsson is the worst player I've seen in a long time at holding it up.

Archived