BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS VS WIGAN

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Well its 0-0. If Mowbray's plan A is to contain Wigan in the first half, he has done it. Need Mowbray to be bold and try to attack Wigan in the second. A draw is a good result, but a win for us will send a message to the rest of the title challengers. Is Mowbray brave enough?

Nope

• Backroom

Risky from Tony, clearly playing for a draw and it's a good result if it comes off - if we lose and he's set up so 'negative' he opens himself to criticism

On 27/10/2017 at 12:42, lraC said:

For anyone having a little flutter tomorrow, here is a little tip with a bit of a heads up. Not great odds I know, but a fairly safe bet in my opinion. Barrow FC in the National league have lost a couple of players this week, including their skipper. The National League don't have a transfer window and two of their players have joined Guisley, who are managed by the ex Barrow boss Paul Cox. I also believe that there is a bit of turmoil at the club.  Tomorrow sees Barrow at home to sixth placed Aldershot and Barrow are languishing close to the Bottom of the league, having been struggling, even before these two transfers. Odds of an Aldershot win at the minute are 6/4 and I see these odds shortening, before kick off. I will be going on the nose, but for those who fancy Rovers tomorrow, put them in a double with Aldershot and that should return around 11/1.

That's going well !!

Barrow 2 up at half time.

Just now, Tom said:

Risky from Tony, clearly playing for a draw and it's a good result if it comes off - if we lose and he's set up so 'negative' he opens himself to criticism

Hardly. If we do fortuitously scrape a point we're still 12 points behind them! Albeit with games in hand.

If we went all out for the win from the off and came away wirh a draw then thats a different matter entirely. 

Archived