BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS VS WIGAN

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Chapman will be a huge loss. We’re so pedestrian without him, lacking pace big time.

Chapman has started 1 game. Can't say we're going to miss him too much.

We are looking a winger and a striker short at the moment. Nutall needs a chance, he's going to be needed sooner rather than later. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played miles better as an attacking unit when Graham was on. Unlike any other player we have up front, he can control the ball. Having said that he made a right mess of passing it square to create an open goal for Chapman. 

Just got back from the game. I'm not too disappointed with the point given the circumstances.

The standard of refereeing is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen, bad decision after bad decision and all unfortunately in favour of the opposition.

Our attacking players need to grow a pair, Graham could have put that chance away and he panicked and looked for someone else.

If Wigan are the best team in the league all is not lost because I thought they were crap today.

All is not lost because I don't think Shrewsbury will go up. They will come back to the pack. 

Whether we can overhaul Bradford, Charlton and co.. is a big ask though if we keep setting up for draws in away games.

47 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Chapman has started 1 game. Can't say we're going to miss him too much.

We are looking a winger and a striker short at the moment. Nutall needs a chance, he's going to be needed sooner rather than later. 

We're not going to miss Chapman but we're a winger short?:huh:

Good point today under the circumstances.  The referees at this level are beyond a joke but the clown today was simply appalling.  Time the FA actually did something about the quality of referees but no doubt next week this incompetent fool will be allowed to ruin another game.  Personally, thought the manager got the team selection right apart from leaving Graham out.  Conway was a danger throughout and but for the referee's dreadful display I thought we might have gone on to win it.  Wigan look a very average side.

The ref's decision to second yellow card Bennett was a complete joke. The forth official must have been wondering how on earth this chap has progressed so far through the leagues and maybe when he calculated 4 added minutes after 5 subs plus delays which included speaking to TM he was thinking "lets get this joker off the pitch". If we had scored I've no doubt the "ref" (or the chap with the whistle) would have disallowed it. 

Before the game I would have took a point but seeing how crap Wigan were after 15 minutes I wanted 3 points. Sadly IMO TM got this one wrong. Why change a winning team!!!!!!! The old square pass after pass with no attempt to go for goal was very disappointing. Wigan were there for the taking but instructions from the bench appeared to be take it easy and keep the ball.

Graham played well apart from fluffing a square ball but Antonsson is not at this level. Why TM did TM play him? Credit to the 9 that finished under strange football circumstances due to the "ref", hard look on Chapman.

Decent point in the end, looked the better team in the second half. Slightly disappointed in how many idiots were in attendance today. A fat ginger kid and his mates along with a load of rough looking scrawny old men spent more time making gestures at the home fans than they did watching the game. And as for the "fighting" outside after that was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, Boaty said:

Decent point in the end, looked the better team in the second half. Slightly disappointed in how many idiots were in attendance today. A fat ginger kid and his mates along with a load of rough looking scrawny old men spent more time making gestures at the home fans than they did watching the game. And as for the "fighting" outside after that was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. 

Try reading your posts on here :tu:

I said the other week that Mowbray is placing too much pressure on young Chapman by expecting him to come cold into the latter stages of a game. He can't play himself in and has to be explosive from the off.

No surprise he has gone and done his hamstring.

Genius!

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

I said the other week that Mowbray is placing too much pressure on young Chapman by expecting him to come cold into the latter stages of a game. He can't play himself in and has to be explosive from the off.

No surprise he has gone and done his hamstring.

Genius!

Good point Colt. So understandable TM not happy with refs decision as he's told the press. Did he speak to the ref? 

• Backroom

A decent point in isolation but considering the points we've already dropped unexpectedly at home, we're going to need to win some of these types of matches to make up ground. Sounds like Tony was playing for the draw, which is absolutely unacceptable given our expectations and the wages a lot of these players are being paid. We should be going out to win every game. Not doing so will affect the mentality of the squad and I fear it will turn us into nearly-rans rather than winners.

Refs got Mowbray out of jail to an extent.

Terrible line up, has to stop messing around with the team, Antonsson was shocking and I dont remember barely any chances.

Ref was poor but to be honest Bennett has been below par all season. Chapman injury a big blow.

Draw a good result in the circumstances, a mixture of a surprisingly inept Wigan attack and a solid, hard working defensive last half hour to thank.

14 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I've not seen this Antonsson fella play but, with the press that he and Gladwin get on here, one has to wonder about our recruitment.

Antonsson lacks confidence , diesnt believe in himself .....Theres something there ....

Gladwin ? Just a complete waste of a wage !

15 hours ago, Boaty said:

I was waiting for a pal outside the the main stand at Oldham when a Rovers " fans " coach pulled up. Two piss heads fell out of the door and started abusing two young lads who just happened to be walking by at the same time. The two lads just happened to be Rovers fans and told the piss heads where to get off.

They were followed off the coach by loads more guys who'd had way too much to drink. One saw a pumpkin in a nearby garden, nipped into the garden, took the pumpkin and wandered off down the road wearing the pumpkin on his head. The local plod spotting him right away and made him take it back to where he found it.

We have some real knob heads amongst our away support.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Very good point, got to be happy with that.

Onwards and upwards.

Gav,we've gone DOWNWARDS to 7th! Farther off the top than the bottom. Games are running out. Whole pile of clubs fighting for that last promotion place---includng us!

This season has not gone well. Where's the 80 goals coming from?

Archived