BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS VS WIGAN

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

I read this five years ago along with many other things. You’re not in a position to judge what I may or may not have read.

You may not approve but I’ve realised the chances of progress on ousting Venkys are virtually zero unless or until someone presents evidence to incriminate them and others.

I see little point in allowing this to dominate my life, which for a long period it did. Made me thoroughly miserable at the time. 

You are absolutely correct, I am not in a position, to judge what you have and haven't read, which is precisely why I haven't judged you. If I do say Paul, why have you read/not read the attached article? you are perfectly within your rights to question me on it though.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lraC said:

You are absolutely correct, I am not in a position, to judge what you have and haven't read, which is precisely why I haven't judged you. If I do say Paul, why have you read/not read the attached article? you are perfectly within your rights to question me on it though.

I can’t see an attached article unless you mean the Anderson link. 

I’d suggest though your comments about people not wasting time etc. have an element of judgement in them.

My view is simple. I’ve read and listened to a lot. I don’t believe anyone has anything publishable on Venkys et al. I’ve concluded there’s no point in upsetting myself over it all and so I watch the football. 

Back to Wigan. I’d forgotten how good away days can be. I shall be going to more. 

34 minutes ago, Paul said:

I can’t see an attached article unless you mean the Anderson link. 

I’d suggest though your comments about people not wasting time etc. have an element of judgement in them.

My view is simple. I’ve read and listened to a lot. I don’t believe anyone has anything publishable on Venkys et al. I’ve concluded there’s no point in upsetting myself over it all and so I watch the football. 

Back to Wigan. I’d forgotten how good away days can be. I shall be going to more. 

No judgement at all, just a comment, as I am aware that not everyone has the same point of view as me, which I respect 

15 hours ago, Paul said:

I can’t disagree regarding Samuel’s dismissal though I’d argue his kick was petulant rather than violent.

Like the majority of Rovers fans I was at the wrong end to judge Bennett’s first booking but did have a clear view of the second. For me he was in with a good chance on goal, was tackled from the side and came down. The idea he jumped is new to me but these things happen quickly. 

Can you explain how jumping or leaping over a tackle is against the laws of the game. Surely the objective is to push the ball beyond the defender’s reach and then avoid the challenge to be free to shoot, pass etc. 

I’m happy to be wrong but I can’t see how getting out the way of a tackle is illegal. 

On 30/10/2017 at 19:03, arbitro said:

I was at the other end from the Bennett first caution but it looked correct to me. Don't be so precious about the referee John. He made a mistake and if he is honest he will admit it. Rovers are now without a key player for tomorrow night now due to his ineptitude. I'll say it again for you, Bennett did not try to deceive the referee.

Bennett turns his back on the oncoming challenge which can only lead to cheating the referee wether you like it or not he got the second caution correct if Bennett hadn't have committed the first offence he'd have stayed on the pitch he only has himself to blame.

7 hours ago, JAL said:

Bennett turns his back on the oncoming challenge which can only lead to cheating the referee wether you like it or not he got the second caution correct if Bennett hadn't have committed the first offence he'd have stayed on the pitch he only has himself to blame.

You are talking nonsense John. If you seriously think, as a referee, that is a yellow card then you need some serious coaching.

I'll leave it there because I suspect you are trolling.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

You are talking nonsense John. If you seriously think, as a referee, that is a yellow card then you need some serious coaching.

I'll leave it there because I suspect you are trolling.

No trolling the call was there to be made the referee made it think your wrong totally wrong on this decision Tony but hey talking points.

It's Bennett his manager and coach who need the coaching ! 

On 30/10/2017 at 17:52, lraC said:

Sadly I don't believe that. May I ask did you read Glen Mullans blog and do you think there is any truth in them if you did?. If you did read them, you will note that the players lisaison officer under Kean, was paid a weekly amount in cash. No tax paid, the income not declared. That for starters is a criminal activity. Of course you can choose to ignore this as trivial, but I won't. That is only a minuscule insight into what has gone on and I repeat, criminal activity has brought this situation about. 

I’d like to ask you tw straight forward questions. You make a categoric statement that a club employee was paid in cash, no tax paid, the income not declared. You state you consider it is not a trivial matter.

In my view if the allegation is true those with the evidence have a duty to the football club, it’s fans and taxpayers in general to inform HMRC

1. Would you agree an individual who has evidence has a moral responsibility to report this activity to HMRC?

2. If you are aware of the evidence, which you seem to be saying, please confirm whether or not you have informed HMRC and if not, why not?

You can do so here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/reporting-tax-evasion

My feeling is this is another example of internet talk and bravado with no action. Which seems to be a recurring theme amongst some fans. 

On 31/10/2017 at 08:10, 47er said:

You are making a judgement but you haven't read it! Incredible. It was available on here so no excuse. Same for Revidge.

Everybody's  entitled to a view but at least make an effort to come to grips with it before pronouncing.

I asked earlier if you have acted on this information. I’d like to direct the same questions to you:

1.Would you agree an individual who has evidence has a moral responsibility to report this activity to HMRC?

2. If you are aware of the evidence, which you seem to be saying, please confirm whether or not you have informed HMRC and if not, why not?

3 hours ago, Paul said:

I asked earlier if you have acted on this information. I’d like to direct the same questions to you:

1.Would you agree an individual who has evidence has a moral responsibility to report this activity to HMRC?

What a bloody hypocrite! I'm supposed, even have a moral duty to refer, what I've read to HMRC but you can form views without reading material that's out there!

Indeed you won't read it because its something to do with those nasty protestors. Joke.

5 hours ago, Paul said:

I’d like to ask you tw straight forward questions. You make a categoric statement that a club employee was paid in cash, no tax paid, the income not declared. You state you consider it is not a trivial matter.

In my view if the allegation is true those with the evidence have a duty to the football club, it’s fans and taxpayers in general to inform HMRC

1. Would you agree an individual who has evidence has a moral responsibility to report this activity to HMRC?

You can do so here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/reporting-tax-evasion

My feeling is this is another example of internet talk and bravado with no action. Which seems to be a recurring theme amongst some fans. 

Hi Paul

In answer to your questions, yes I do agree that an individual has a moral obligation to report this to the Inland Revenue and yes I have reported this to the Inland Revenue. For what its worth, a few years ago, I sent a video of a former neighbour to the DSS. This former neighbour was claiming that he was disabled and as such was in receipt of DSS benefits. The video showed him carrying out, manual work over a long period of time, so the evidence I sent, was to prove he was in fact not disabled. To my knowledge, he was never prosecuted and as far as I am aware, so far neither was the individual, who I reported this about.

In terms of your feelings about this, just being another example of internet bravado with no action, with respect you don't know me, or many of the other people, who have spent time and money, doing their best to bring certain wrong doers, to task and try to ensure that, we have a club to support, as right now, the club is on the precipice and is in real danger financially. Perhaps you don't realise the gravity of the situation, or maybe like others, you do realise this and are also doing something about it.

23 minutes ago, lraC said:

Hi Paul

In answer to your questions, yes I do agree that an individual has a moral obligation to report this to the Inland Revenue and yes I have reported this to the Inland Revenue. For what its worth, a few years ago, I sent a video of a former neighbour to the DSS. This former neighbour was claiming that he was disabled and as such was in receipt of DSS benefits. The video showed him carrying out, manual work over a long period of time, so the evidence I sent, was to prove he was in fact not disabled. To my knowledge, he was never prosecuted and as far as I am aware, so far neither was the individual, who I reported this about.

In terms of your feelings about this, just being another example of internet bravado with no action, with respect you don't know me, or many of the other people, who have spent time and money, doing their best to bring certain wrong doers, to task and try to ensure that, we have a club to support, as right now, the club is on the precipice and is in real danger financially. Perhaps you don't realise the gravity of the situation, or maybe like others, you do realise this and are also doing something about it.

Bloody hell was the neighbor knocking your missis off or something? What you do that for? 

1 minute ago, Garage Flower said:

Bloody hell was the neighbor knocking your missis off or something? What you do that for? 

I won't go into the whole story GF but lets just say he was a bad ar5e. For starters, he drowned my cat.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:57, lraC said:

For the people who don't waste their time on such matters, don't bother clicking the link below. For those who do have the time and the inclination though, here is a reminder, of the sort of people Venkys rely on for advice and to this day, still go back to. Are Venkys really just guilty of taking the wrong advice, over and over again?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9462245.Agent_Jerome_Anderson_questions_Blackburn_Rovers_supporters/

Just printed this out to use as background materials, and to justify why I wanted to be a leader of the Trust.

Thanks IraC....but reading it I am angry again but grateful to Glen M. Philip L, Mark F and Paul etc etc who led the fight back in 2011/12. You were right guys.

Just now, mhead said:

Just printed this out to use as background materials, and to justify why I wanted to be a leader of the Trust.

Thanks IraC....but reading it I am angry again but grateful to Glen M. Philip L, Mark F and Paul etc etc who led the fight back in 2011/12. You were right guys.

No problem at all mate. It is people like you and the ones you mention above, who make me still proud to be a Rovers supporter, despite what is currently going on. .

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 08:35, Skiptonrover said:

Always has been, there will be certain answers to questions which will never be answered. I'm not going to spend a large portion of my life trying to work that 1 out to try to get something which is & will always be unobtainable.

I have just been reading back through a few of these posts, given that I had a reply to one of my earlier postings. Things can quite often look unobtainable, but when people are prepared to fight against the odds, sometimes the truth is uncovered. The best football analogy I can think of, is that of the families of the Hillsborough disaster. These people were initially fobbed off, but against huge odds, fought and eventually got justice for the loss of their loved ones. The best Blackburn one I can think of, is the story of Graham Caveney. He reported what was happening to him, but this abuse was buried for years, whilst he had to go on suffering. This abuse was buried so deeply that the perpetrator even had part of the college where he worked named after him. He died without being taken to task, but at least when Graham's story was told, the truth was out in the open.

12 hours ago, 47er said:

What a bloody hypocrite! I'm supposed, even have a moral duty to refer, what I've read to HMRC but you can form views without reading material that's out there!

Indeed you won't read it because its something to do with those nasty protestors. Joke.

Errrrr ..... you haven’t answered the questions. You’re telling me the club have paid a staff member in cash. If you believe this is illegal, which you seem to infer, I’m asking why you’ve done nothing about it?

I’ll happily read it if you can direct me to a link.

10 hours ago, lraC said:

Hi Paul

I’ve no interest in your neighbour. 

As regards the second paragraph I’m fully aware of the gravity of Rovers plight. I was also warning of this within weeks of Venkys arrival only to be told to “enjoy the moment”

Good luck to those who are working hard but I doubt it will lead anywhere.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Errrrr ..... you haven’t answered the questions. You’re telling me the club have paid a staff member in cash. If you believe this is illegal, which you seem to infer, I’m asking why you’ve done nothing about it?

You're dissembling. I have no obligation to inform HMRC of anything.You are just as aware of  the allegations as I am which gives you the same responsibility. Why don't you inform them? Its you who brought this up after all.

The original source of this part of the thread comes from Revidge who said he wouldn't read any of Glen's "dossier" (for want of a better word) because it would be "a waste of time", an attitude I find incredible. Talk about burying your head in the sand.

Never a waste of time to inform yourself. And to those still working hard to uncover what they can about how our club has reached this parlous state----we salute you. I'm sure those who doggedly pursued Hillsborough issues were also told at various points that"I doubt it will lead anywhere". They are an inspiration that shows the impossible can be achieved.

6 hours ago, Paul said:

Www.venkysout.com

Archived