BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Fleetwood

Image result for cod

The Cod Army are coming to town. They have scaled new heights in recent years with their entry into the Football League and their subsequent promotion to League 1 in 2014. Uwe Rosler is their current manager, whose granddad apparently bombed Old Trafford during the war.

Image result for uwe rosler grandad bombed my chippy

Nice story here about Rosler beating cancer http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-legend-uwe-rosler-6178053.

Fleetwood have done well away in their last few games. They've won at Plymouth and Bradford, drawn at Scunny and lost narrowly at Shrewsbury. https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fleetwood-town/2017-18/fixtures-and-results.html

In the form tables they are 3rd for away teams over the last 4 games, we are 2nd in the 'home' table. http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

The only link I can see to Rovers in their current squad is Devante Cole, son of Andy. Decent striker by all accounts and wanted by Championship clubs in the summer iirc.

As for the game, Bennett and Chapman will be a big loss, especially Chapman if Fleetwood come to defend. We'll be relying on Dack to create (and take) chances. I'm guessing it will be 4-2-3-1 with Conway,  Dack and Antonnson the '3' with Graham up front. But you never know with Mowbray:rolleyes: Is Smallwood suspended too?

We need to wade into 'em early doors and not let 'em off the hook. As for Ewood, let's hope we can fillet. I'd be gutted if we don't.

A win would be Brill s0 I'll go for an edgy 1-0 to us, but wouldn't be surprised at a 0-0 or even a 1-0 defeat. Rovers are like a box of chocolates.....

Anyway, Never Mind The Pollocks, here's Fleetwood Mac

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers 1  Fleetwood 1

Foots off the gas again now first half so he'll set up to stop the opposition and omit the flair till late second half. If he swaps Downing for Ward again or anything like that he should be sacked on the spot.

By the way this is one of those fabled games in hand many have kept referring to as if they're points in the bank, guaranteed win them ;)

• J*B pinned this topic
1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham

Conway Dack Antonsson

Graham

Nuttall on the bench.

This should be an absolute must win for Mowbray.

I think that'd be most peoples teams except those with bizarre agendas against certain players. This really is a game we've got to be winning if we're serious about automatic promotion, we've gotta make these games in hand count. 

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not sure he's suspended. Someone somewhere said it was only his 4th booking yesterday, not his 5th.

It was probably me as I had yesterdays card as his fifth. I checked soccerbase and they have him on four. Expect a cheap yellow for him in the last knockings of Tuesdays game.

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who's the two with Samuel and Chapman missing ?

It won't happen but could go with Graham and Nuttall, with the latter being a but of an unknown qty it could work out, midfield four (or diamond?) of Conway, Dack, Whittingham & Smallwood?

I personally think he will go with the same formation with Graham up top, Conway, Dack & Antonsson/Whittingham as the 3 in support with Smallwood & Whittingham/Evans sitting. Back four unchanged.

Raya

Smallwood Whittingham

Conway Dack Antonsson

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Caddis, Wharton, Hart, Nuttall, Evans, Harper

Due to the absence of Chapman, Bennett and Samuel, wouldn't surprise me to see Caddis/Harper/Whittingham in the attacking 4, with Mowbray tricking himself again to get someone attacking on the bench.

Need to get partnerships going, I would prefer Caddis but that back 5, with that partnership in front has kept consecutive clean sheets, and Dack and Graham need to play centrally together.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Raya

Smallwood Whittingham

Conway Dack Antonsson

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Caddis, Wharton, Hart, Nuttall, Evans, Harper

Due to the absence of Chapman, Bennett and Samuel, wouldn't surprise me to see Caddis/Harper/Whittingham in the attacking 4, with Mowbray tricking himself again to get someone attacking on the bench.

Need to get partnerships going, I would prefer Caddis but that back 5, with that partnership in front has kept consecutive clean sheets, and Dack and Graham need to play centrally together.

I can also see that team starting on Tuesday so this isn't a criticism of you. Looking at that team laid down on paper -bloody hell we're short of pace !  I reckon I might beat some of them over 15-20 yards and I won't see 65 again.

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

It was probably me as I had yesterdays card as his fifth. I checked soccerbase and they have him on four. Expect a cheap yellow for him in the last knockings of Tuesdays game.

better getting the booking late on on saturday and miss the rochdale game

Imo the fact we're going into this game minus the suspended Samuel, Bennett and Smallwood and the injured Chapman shows what a poor choice it was not to play the game originally.

Hoping for, but not really expecting, a vital three points. Think we're going to need Dack to have a blinder as I dont see muxh inspiration coming from elsewhere from those available.

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Imo the fact we're going into this game minus the suspended Samuel, Bennett and Smallwood and the injured Chapman shows what a poor choice it was not to play the game originally.

Hoping for, but not really expecting, a vital three points. Think we're going to need Dack to have a blinder as I dont see muxh inspiration coming from elsewhere from those available.

Agreed and I stated such at the time of the original postponement. Since then I seem to recall that Mowbray stated that he did not want to play without Mulgrew if at all possible, a reflection on his squad building.

No predictions, I haven't a clue which Rovers TM will motivate....

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Said it at the time that when these cancelled games come back around there'd likely be other spanners in the works that make it just as difficult as it would have been playing it anyway.

He needs to start with Dack but that ruins his plan B second half subs to open the game up a bit so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. Would be nice if Mulgrew and Evans stepped up to the plate with a rare goal a piece seeing as the original game was moved largely in their honour.

Archived