BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Fleetwood

Just now, Skiptonrover said:

Just my opinion mate, it's never seems to be a settled side with injuries & suspensions 1 minute someone comes in next minute someone else comes in. I'd like to see ward back in the defence is he injured or out of favour?

It's mainly never settled as he is constantly chopping and changing as he thinks he's some sort of tactical genius.

Ward been dropped as he's been useless, Downing been much better. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my opinion mate, it's never seems to be a settled side with injuries & suspensions 1 minute someone comes in next minute someone else comes in. I'd like to see ward back in the defence is he injured or out of favour?

TM has been using this excuse for weeks mate. It doesnt wash. Wigan brought in more players than we did, finished below us last season and spent far less on transfer fees as well as losing a couple of their better players from last season. We didnt. The turnover that we saw here is normal for any League 1 club. If these players are not gelling it comes down to one man only.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Because Antonsson contributes the square root of zero.

Poor performance.  Mundane, slow footbal...mundane squad, mundane manager.

I don't like picking on players especially when I wasn't at the game tonight  but if I could see Antonnson had nothing to offer after watching him for an hour at Rochdale how come the coaching staff couldn't  ? 

I got dragged over the coals by a few after that but where are they now ?

Just now, JacknOry said:

Makes you sick doesnt it

Coyle the stand out candidate. And some say the dark forces are all gone. We are riddled with it. Picking at the rotting corpse, fighting over the dregs. 

Success in football is hard enough with everyone pulling in the right direction. Impossible without it. 

The point at Wigan doesn't look so good now eh?

Tonight's result and performance were very predictable given the way we've been playing all season. Two incidents summed up our apptoach tonight for me. In the first half we won a throw in deep inside the opposition half. Whereas most teams try to nick a bit of ground we actually attempted to take it from deep inside our own half so we could throw it back to Raya. When the referee made us take it from the correct place we threw it back to exactly the same place at LB anyway! The second incident was when the Board went up showing 5 minutes of injury time and as the home side you might have expected a bit of an onslaught from us. Im not sure if we touched the ball in injury time.

The one bright spot was the introduction of Nuttall. So much quicker than Graham and for a brief period we attacked with real pace with him on the pitch and Dack striving to keep up alongside him. If I owned the Club and could afford it I wouldn't have a moments hesitation imoments hesitation in ripoing his contract up. As chaddy said the other week he doesnt even challenge for the ball, he just pushes or jumps at his man.

Raya MOM by acountry mile. Instead the worst player on the pitch williams got it. Another bad night all round.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Meanwhile Neil Warnock's Cardiff are back in the Championship top two

Having a few drinks with one delirious Welshman and his wife.  Good news is he feels sorry for us and keeps buying!

Seriously very sad with football fans here aghast that the one time PL champs are held at home by the mighty cod army.

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Because Antonsson contributes the square root of zero.

Poor performance.  Mundane, slow footbal...mundane squad, mundane manager.

Ok I get he's not good, but then why take Graham off, my point really is why is Mowbray so negative, especially when we're at home.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Could anyone do worse with this squad? We are not going to get relegated thats pretty certain. Its worth a roll of the dice as we have no choce but to get promoted - do you think TM will bring that?

I get tired of hearing how good our squad is. I don't buy into that personally, I think it's a poor squad generally.

We may have had the biggest budget and held onto some of our 'stars' but no way on earth have our squad got the skill, heart, power, pace, determination, bottle or mindset for a serious promotion campaign. Mowbray signed players he had previous connections with, none of which are much cop if you ask me with the exception of Chapman. It says something about how far we've fallen when we're all foaming at the mouth about Smallwood who was a Rotherham cast off (I think he's been great btw compared to the rest) and we're delighted at how well a MK Dons Centre Half cast off has done (who I also think has done well compared to the rest).

We need a young hungry squad with pace and enthusiasm all over the park with a sprinkling of experience and somebody capable of moulding and motivating them on and off the park.

I guess we shouldn't be too shocked by this result. Fleetwood are a shining example, of a well run club moving in the right direction. They have a local owner, who cares for the club and is accesible to the fans. He relies on a proper structure and has not let the club run into millions of pounds worth of debt. Andy Pilley is the polar opposite, of Venkys and deserves the success he has achieved so far. I am sure lies deceit and a complete disregard for the for the fans, is unlikely to give Rovers fans, anything other than failiure, which is precisely what we are getting. Promotion will not be coming our way in May, of that there is little doubt.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can't assume we'll win any particular game in this league.

Well this has what has been thrown at me by certain posters for having the outlandish opinion that TM does not have what it takes to get us up. Ben told that 'onc'e we win our games in hand we are only 6 points behind.

8 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Ward is rightly out of favour. Have you seen him play?

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Ward is rightly out of favour. Have you seen him play?

Yes I certainly have not every game maybe it's just a coincidence the games I have seen him play he hasn't been too bad, the defence was a shambles Tbh tonight nose in front on the back foot again.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I assume it's because Graham hasn't got 90 minutes in him.

Do you know what Tyrone, Graham infuriates me because I don't think he's finished and I don't think his legs have gone either. He really does need to be motivated and needs somebody not to pamper to him but put a rocket up his arse and get him fit. I still believe he could be a great attribute and a mentor to the likes of Nuttall. He still has bags of ability if he'd put it to use, unlike several others like Antonsson and Samuel who are very limited and need to move on to Atherton Collieries and FC Fylde and the like for me.

18 minutes ago, sambo said:

It's mainly never settled as he is constantly chopping and changing as he thinks he's some sort of tactical genius.

Ward been dropped as he's been useless, Downing been much better. 

He's a tactical clown 

Fleetwood were better than us. There, I've said it. Now let that sink in.

Another night of huge frustration for us fans but the reality is beginning to bite now that we aren't good enough to challenge the top two, might make the playoffs but probably will be ninth or tenth. Mowbray has been a major disappointment to me this season as far too often he has been out thought by opposing managers. Some of the nonsense he has been spouting is annoying. Who does he think he is kidding with his 'I'm tactically astute' talk? We are treading water and some of the players he hangs his hat on just aren't delivering the goods. 

So frustrating and annoying following this club.

37 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Well a goal on your first appearance for the first team should help, along with all the other evidence. Plus it's not like the others are keeping him out on form. Also what kind of message would it be to send the kid back after he has done everything asked and more both at U23 and 1st team level (admittedly brief so far)? It's tantamount to saying form and performance are irrelevant and even TM isn't that stupid.

We all hope not

Absolutely terrible performance. Seem to change tactics at random, tonight vgoing for overplaying at the ball, incredibly slow and then an aimless hoof giving Graham nothing to work for.

Special mention to Nyambe, who kept closing the space and both his technique and intelligence are totally absent, and Raya the clown with the constant stream of howlers. Steele with a Spanish twinge.

Again no signs of a consistent plan or run of wins, 1 win in 5, time to get Grayson.

Yes I certainly have not every game maybe it's just a coincidence the games I have seen him play he hasn't been too bad, the defence was a shambles Tbh tonight nose in front on the back foot again.

Well I've seen him play plenty and he's more akin to ballet and Swan Lake than a centre half IMO. I'd like to know the games you saw him play well in tbh, I'm amazed.

Archived