BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Fleetwood

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Dack, Conway and Antonsson worked hard. Graham didnt. Did Graham chase the ball like Nuttall did?

They didnt chase the ball, the whole team sat off.

If you expect Graham to be like Jamie Vardy running everywhere, then forget it, hes aging and he needs service, I wouldnt say he was any lazier than anyone else, the only decent supply he got all game led to a goal. Play the ball to him, itll stick. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Agree with much of what you say, it was so slow and boring, and it was clearly part of Mowbrays game plan, the team weren't pressing and its ok saying Graham is lazy etc but no one was pressing, we looked brilliant v Rotherham because we were hunting in packs. Surely thats the blueprint.

One thing though, totally disagree on Nyambe. If he wasnt fast and young hed struggle at semi pro level.

Hes quite strong but he cowers out of challenges. His natural reaction is to go back, he is terrified of running forward and never crosses, meaning it is so easy to defend.

He cant head the ball. And it takes him a few touches to control even the most basic pass.

He also often ran into Conways space, clogging up the space in front of him, he has absolutely no footballing intelligence.

Bit harsh on Nyambe, I think gets the team out of some tricky situations with his strength and willingness to work hard for the team. Of course he's no great footballer but he does his job.  People rarely get by him and there's rarely danger down his side of the pitch. Conway had enough of the ball tonight to make a lot of telling crosses. he mainly failed but he also had very little to aim for, Tony would rather keep the ball than get people in the box.

As for the pressing we really missed Elliot Bennett. Tonight shows what he brings to the team. Massive work rate and drive and a willingness to close people down. Contrast that with Whittingham, Graham, Antonnson.

Fleetwood were no mugs either and Rosler and Kelly had them well drilled

Dack, Conway and Antonsson worked hard. Graham didnt. Did Graham chase the ball like Nuttall did?

Antonnsson was fecking awful. Anyone can run round (well not Graham) Antonnsson just got in peoples way, made the wrong run and then when he got it he lost it. Dreadful player.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They didnt chase the ball, the whole team sat off.

If you expect Graham to be like Jamie Vardy running everywhere, then forget it, hes aging and he needs service, I wouldnt say he was any lazier than anyone else, the only decent supply he got all game led to a goal. Play the ball to him, itll stick. 

I expect work rate not a guy just offside every time. 

The ball doesnt stick when the play played up to him. Hes more interested in playing the man not the ball. 

No chasing the ball from Graham

We are shite as a team but the reaction of some sections of the crowd towards Nyambe is shocking, some fans only make noise when he dallies on the ball a second too long. Im not happy in the way things are going and I am losing faith in Mowbray, but I try and get behind the team. The atmosphere is bad enough at Ewood without turning on our own Young players. Times are shite being a Rovers fan but those of us that still turn up should stick together.

I expect work rate not a guy just offside every time. 

The ball doesnt stick when the play played up to him. Hes more interested in playing the man not the ball. 

No chasing the ball from Graham

So why does your Tony Mowbray play him then.

Did the Rovers fans get behind the team in blue and white shirts ?

Graham was the worst player. Fleetwood were the best team to come to Ewood this season so far ( apart from Burnley). Glad we got a point in the end because I honestly thought they were going to nick all three.

Downing was my MOM. Every time they had a corner, Raya was being blocked on his line by 2 Fleetwood players but the ref didn't see it as usual. Whittingham had a good game and sprayed passes all over.

We have NOT got the best squad in this division; far from it. But a young hungry manager could do better with the existing personnel.

Just now, bazza said:

Graham was the worst player. Fleetwood were the best team to come to Ewood this season so far ( apart from Burnley). Glad we got a point in the end because I honestly thought they were going to nick all three.

Downing was my MOM. Every time they had a corner, Raya was being blocked on his line by 2 Fleetwood players but the ref didn't see it as usual. Whittingham had a good game and sprayed passes all over.

We have NOT got the best squad in this division; far from it. But a young hungry manager could do better with the existing personnel.

Whittingham had a good game? He just passed it sideways. Easy ball to either full back every time. Rarely got beyond the half way line. He played percentages when he's meant to be our creator from midfield.

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I couldn't see what happened clearly for their second either from where I was sat but it appeared Raya was impeded by our own players. I'd have to be guided by someone nearer. Apart from that i thought he made a number of outstanding saves.

From where I was sat it was a right old melee, I'd have to look at replay 1 thing I do know for certain it was a cock up of epic proportions the ball should have been cleared.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Whittingham had a good game? He just passed it sideways. Easy ball to either full back every time. Rarely got beyond the half way line. He played percentages when he's meant to be our creator from midfield.

Absolute nonsense. Him and Smallwood complement each other and Whittingham continues to improve each game.

Like I said before the games I've witnessed won't list all, in comparison to the rest i wouldn't have him down as a lee majors, I don't get to every single game home/away maybe he has had shockers in the games I haven't watched. On tonight's showing I don't think he would have done any worse. All the goals were preventable defensively.

We can run through formations,tactics, selections etc but Gillingham, Oldham and tonight makes me start to wonder if we’re just not very good. Has a product it is boring and has little or no entertainment value. Players come into the team and out again but it’s dire, personnel changes make little difference. Defenders move the ball languidly across a back line looking to play a pass to a static midfield.Fowards are out muscled and out thought by opposition journey men. This however pales into insignificance to when we need to defend. We don’t press the ball or get stuck in. Defending is a team game and some of our players negate that responsibility for whatever reason(whittingham) has a result mediocre players run through us ( jack Byrne Oldham).

Obviously this is just my subjective view and can be countered by the rolled up sleeves at Wigan and the Portsmouth match. I would like to suggest that to be successful in any walk of life you need to have passion and commitment and this leads to a consistency of performance.This is were we fail and until we either find players who have these attributes naturally or a motivator who can instil them into his team I think what we are witnessing will continue. Accepting second best is easy and that is where we are.

Just now, Skiptonrover said:

Like I said before the games I've witnessed won't list all, in comparison to the rest i wouldn't have him down as a lee majors, I don't get to every single game home/away maybe he has had shockers in the games I haven't watched. On tonight's showing I don't think he would have done any worse. All the goals were preventable defensively.

???

3 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Ward being really shyte has no relation to tonight.  The centre halves were not the issue

Archived