BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Fleetwood

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m open to most observations but ward is poor. At Oldham he turned his back on the ball when a player took a shot. He doesn’t head but tries to defend with his feet. For a big fella he is slow and has the turning circle of a Spanish galleon and these are his positive attributes

Just now, Skiptonrover said:

Talking about ward not being the fall guy compared to the rest in the games I've watched. You've already sent bazza to bed I'm I your next victim:lol:

Well quote the person you're having the chat with instead of leaving your comment stranded on it's own where it makes no sense. Night:P

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

About time for another name change fella....

Let me guess dinglebarley or rosegroverover? That's novel. There's no superfan status with me (unlike you) i went to more games than you, I've been supporting the club alot longer than you. Ward is a donkey poor player, I know that much but tonight I feel with him onboard we could have shored certain things up at the back. We can all agree & disagree. Let's not be nasty & fall out. Night:rolleyes: As a side idea why don't you completely ignore my posts don't quote me & I will happily do the same that way there will never be no reason to get into a spat.

Fleetwood's directors box tonight likely included Andy Pilley (Owner and Chairman), Steve Curwood (Chief Exec) and Gretar Steinsson (Technical Director). 

Our directors box likely included Mike Cheston (jack of all trades master of none, admits he has no real power) and Robert Coar ex chairman now retired who does nothing by his own admission other than turn up for the complimentaries. We also have a shadow director who isn't officially there but turns up to some games passing messages between here in India whilst doing Balaji's errands and dry cleaning and his CV suggests he is well trained in the South African biscuit industry.

Anyone in any doubts as to why Fleetwood Town looked better than us, fitter than us, and are level on points with this club and in my view more likely to win promotion to the Championship need only look at the above. Its embarrassing. 

Well I just witnessed the Rovers gain a point from the mighty Fleetwood Town if I had come up with that statement in recent years people would have thought I gone mad well thats the position Blackburn Rovers former Premier League Champions are in promotion with this clown in charge no chance. 

• J*B unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Fleetwood's directors box tonight likely included Andy Pilley (Owner and Chairman), Steve Curwood (Chief Exec) and Gretar Steinsson (Technical Director). 

Our directors box likely included Mike Cheston (jack of all trades master of none, admits he has no real power) and Robert Coar ex chairman now retired who does nothing by his own admission other than turn up for the complimentaries. We also have a shadow director who isn't officially there but turns up to some games passing messages between here in India whilst doing Balaji's errands and dry cleaning and his CV suggests he is well trained in the South African biscuit industry.

Anyone in any doubts as to why Fleetwood Town looked better than us, fitter than us, and are level on points with this club and in my view more likely to win promotion to the Championship need only look at the above. Its embarrassing. 

Do Cheston, Coar and whoever take training?

The people responsible are the owners/agents/whoever who appoint the managers. The ones you mention are just 'yes' men.

Another mind numbing performance from a team under no pressure whatsoever. Every team we play the opposing manager turns up and says this is a free hit as Rovers resources drown theirs, the problem we have is that Mowbray then gets interviewed and literally talks like we are playing Brazil. 

I listened to Radio Lancs on the way last night and Mowbray wax lyrical about Fleetwood and all the strengths they had, Gallagher still thought he was off air and said “Are they Premier League!”. We have dropped a league and all thought we would blitz this one but unfortunately the whole club seems just as weak and scared of a fight in this one.

Mowbray should consider himself lucky to still be in a job, not on the back of last nights game but you can list probably a third of our games this season (minimum) have been absolute horror shows. I simply don’t believe that nobody can get this team steam rolling this league not because we are “ex Premier League Blackburn” but because these are actually very talented footballers for this level.

I have just seen some highlights of the game and the goals conceded are poor. A long ball for the first, Mulgrew is beaten easily to a header, Raga great save but the Fleetwood player reacts quickest to the rebound. The second goal Raya should be embarrassed about. He had no conviction when the ball comes in and flaps pretty much dropping the ball on the goal line. Poor in the extreme and given his propensity to make mistakes in every game he should be dropped.

After sixteen games now this team has no identity, no set pattern of playing and more worryingly no leadership on or off the field. Too many safe players who just want to take the easy option in a slow, sedate pace which a high energy team like Fleetwood handled comfortably and should be disappointed they didn't win.

How often in my years supporting have Rovers failed to turn games in hand into wins?

Bit worrying because we will have at least two more to come.

Totally agree with Arbitro- there is no identity to Rovers which means the Boss doesn't have one...

Not seen any highlights but from last night's prime evidence of our negative tactics happened in the first half. We get a throwing with the ball going out half way in their half and Mulgrew tries taking it half way in ours. the ref stopped so we take it in the correct place and pass it back to Mulgrew.

Nyambe epitimises our total lack of tactics. He runs into space and gets the ball then stops. He did run into Conwy's space but Conwy should be further up the field.

Whittingham is just too slow. When he gets the ball usually any idea of going forward with speed just goes. Yes he usually makes a pass but its no good at the pace he plays.

When Graham came on Saturday he changed the game he held the ball and passed because players were around him. Last night there was none of that.

By the way Skipton rover it was Mowbray who made Ward the scapegoat for the Oldham game. He admitted Ward was too slow. Personally I think it was a coverup to excuse Mowbray's poor tactics. Like to see who makes the scapegoat for last night.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11108016/blackburn-2-2-fleetwood

Highlights. Raya has got away with it a lot this season. He drops one nearly every week. Fleetwood had done their homework and kept dropping it on top of Raya on most corners. They got their reward. No point puling off great reflex saves if you're going to do what he does for that 2nd goal. I'd expect better from a Sunday League keeper. Dreadful.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11108016/blackburn-2-2-fleetwood

Highlights. Raya has got away with it a lot this season. He drops one nearly every week. Fleetwood had done their homework and kept dropping it on top of Raya on most corners. They got their reward. No point puling off great reflex saves if you're going to do what he does for that 2nd goal. I'd expect better from a Sunday League keeper. Dreadful.

Whilst it was a shocker from him he’s saved us many times this season - including last night. Also, I don’t think Conway(?) giving him pelters for it right after will have helped with his fragile confidence. Very unprofessional from a supposed dressing room leader (apologies Craig if it wasn’t you but looked like it).

6 hours ago, rossyrover said:

Well I just witnessed the Rovers gain a point from the mighty Fleetwood Town if I had come up with that statement in recent years people would have thought I gone mad well thats the position Blackburn Rovers former Premier League Champions are in promotion with this clown in charge no chance. 

And those making the same old excuses will still be making them when we draw 1-1 against AFC Darwen in front of 950 spectators. In fact they'll be the only ones there if Venkys continue their merry way.

Impossible? Really? Look how fast and how far we have fallen under the clowns. 7 years more of this and where will we be?

In a couple of years, if Venkys hang on, we will be looking at the same scenario in Div 4 as we have in the Premiership, Championship and ,now, Div 3.

Expectation we'll do well, realisation that we won't, close to play-offs first season, down 2 years later.

My only hope, and I'm clinging to it, is that Venkys will walk away if we fail to go up this season. Walk away and leave the worst mess imaginable.

It will still be one of the happiest days of my life.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Whilst it was a shocker from him he’s saved us many times this season - including last night. Also, I don’t think Conway(?) giving him pelters for it right after will have helped with his fragile confidence. Very unprofessional from a supposed dressing room leader (apologies Craig if it wasn’t you but looked like it).

His job is to save us. It's also not to flap at every half-decent cross that comes near him. He's got away with it so many times this season, at least once in every game I've seen. They are right to hammer him, he's a professional, and it cost us 2 points.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

His job is to save us. It's also not to flap at every half-decent cross that comes near him. He's got away with it so many times this season, at least once in every game I've seen. They are right to hammer him, he's a professional, and it cost us 2 points.

Sorry but whoever that was shouldn’t have done it in that manner. Watch it again - it isn’t professional and it will not help him moving forward. I’m not excusing his error but that’s not the way to address it.

Their first goal - poor challenge on the header, nobody tracking the runner. Our players back on their heels, Cod heads on their toes.

Second goal -  good corner - poor goalkeeping . I don't know what Raya was doing there. Should have been punching the ball clear.

The body language of the players after that goal is very telling. Lots of looking around at each other, nobody grabbing the ball to restart the game. Nobody geeing a team mate up. Anybody who's played will tell you this talk of a good team spirit down at Ewood is tripe. It's times like that when you've conceded a bad goal that good team spirt comes to the fore.

We play the ball standing still too often, we give the ball to players in bad positions too often, we don't take responsibility individually and collectively. We don't work hard enough.

I'm tired of saying these things.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sorry but whoever that was shouldn’t have done it in that manner. Watch it again - it isn’t professional and it will not help him moving forward. I’m not excusing his error but that’s not the way to address it.

Looks like Downing. It's frustration. We've thrown one lead away, we claw our way back in front and then Raya does that. It's a soft arse attempt from someone who looks like he doesn't want to get clattered by the CH. I think he got justifiably hammered.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Looks like Downing. It's frustration. We've thrown one lead away, we claw our way back in front and then Raya does that. It's a soft arse attempt from someone who looks like he doesn't want to get clattered by the CH. I think he got justifiably hammered.

Quite right , we are not playing youth team football ...

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody who's played will tell you this talk of a good team spirit down at Ewood is tripe. It's times like that when you've conceded a bad goal that good team spirt comes to the fore.

I've played to a good standard and those players are playing for each other. Team spirit looks fine, when they scored that 2nd they were all together. Just because someone didn't grab the ball after Raya threw it in his own net is meaningless. They just looked dejected after throwing away another lead.

Archived