BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hanlon Hibs

den9112

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Is he any good, how much will he cost, who will he replace. Oh and who is his agent and who is he connected to ?

Covered it all there I think :lol:

Does he have any 'previous' or 'pending'.

What are his views on Elvis impersonators.

Does he know that a 'wee dram' is not a full bottle.

Is he a known associate of Owen Coyle.

Being Scottish does he keep dog food in the house but has no dog.

I'm sure there are more .....

:rover:

1 hour ago, 47er said:

The important line to note is:

"Reports have been good and Hanlon, 27, could now be a January target for Mowbray if he loses any of his centre-backs."

Who's going then?

Well Lenihan you would think, and isn't Downing only here until January, mate?

Lenihan staying was hailed on here as a highlight of the transfer window, 2nd perhaps only to retaining Mulgrew.

Downing, despite not being highly regarded when he signed, has surprised with his ability. Are we going to lose him after just a few months?

poor planning if so. Hanlon had better be good eh?

13 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I am sure Downing on a season loan and then out of contract a MK dons so should be on a free

Yes it is end of the season sorry. Maybe it's more of a replacement for Ward, as he obviously isn't good enough.

Terrible player to be aiming for. Clogger type whom has only stepped up to the mark under Lennon with the likes of Ambrose and McGregor previously alongside him. I'd describe him as agricultural, certainly no better than Downing. Avoid but then again TM shouldn't be here and I expect Hanlon will follow McInnes in the summer at Aberdeen or Ibrox.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Terrible player to be aiming for. Clogger type whom has only stepped up to the mark under Lennon with the likes of Ambrose and McGregor previously alongside him. I'd describe him as agricultural, certainly no better than Downing. Avoid but then again TM shouldn't be here and I expect Hanlon will follow McInnes in the summer at Aberdeen or Ibrox.

Yawn. Weren't you running downing into the ground before he came also? 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yawn. Weren't you running downing into the ground before he came also? 

Why don't you try watching football or these players? I might just be able to take you somewhat seriously.

Not good enough for the championship and we need established players at that level otherwise we will continue to flounder.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Why don't you try watching football or these players? I might just be able to take you somewhat seriously.

Not good enough for the championship and we need established players at that level otherwise we will continue to flounder.

We are in league 1. 

How do you know how much football I watch? You watch a bit of Scottish football and think you are all knowing. Maybe you should apply for the Rangers job 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We are in league 1. 

How do you know how much football I watch? You watch a bit of Scottish football and think you are all knowing. Maybe you should apply for the Rangers job 

Oh dear you bite too easily. Whoosh.

I saw him play live for Hibs v Aberdeen two weeks ago and he looked pretty good to me. He’s also been named in the Scotland squad today, so maybe Charlie Boy can tell him how great it is at Rovers. On another note, Easter Road is a great place to watch football at the moment, terrific atmosphere because the Hibees are doing well and listening to three sides of the ground singing “Sunshine on Leith” is brilliant. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And you sidestep questions you can't answer without looking foolish 

Eh?! To be honest your posts seemed somewhat odd when they started with yawn and got slightly pissy. No issue asking any question you may have fella.

12 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Eh?! To be honest your posts seemed somewhat odd when they started with yawn and got slightly pissy. No issue asking any question you may have fella.

Slightly pissy? What are you on about, yes I started with a yawn because your spiel is boring. If you say a player is good, we sign them and they turn out decent, you are blowing your own trumpet around here constantly, think Samuel.  If you say a player is bad and they turn out good, not a peep from you, think Downing. It's a pussy way to act. 

So my question was simple, go back up, it isn't too far-didn't you slate Downing before he came or not? 

47 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Slightly pissy? What are you on about, yes I started with a yawn because your spiel is boring. If you say a player is good, we sign them and they turn out decent, you are blowing your own trumpet around here constantly, think Samuel.  If you say a player is bad and they turn out good, not a peep from you, think Downing. It's a pussy way to act. 

So my question was simple, go back up, it isn't too far-didn't you slate Downing before he came or not? 

Seems your just plain incapable of being rational and cannot post without getting obtuse. In fact it's nonsical to suggest the above given I slated Smallwood when we signed and posted a few times in reply to Bluboy over him since! 

i havent commented on Downing to the best of my knowledge other than to ask people how he was in his debut so perhaps you can actually be helpful, and point out where I did slate that lad? 

I suppose not commenting is a "pussy" way to act! 

I think it was the minority that didn't "slate Downing" and that's because they choose to offer no opinion.

However, the rest of the board did as football fans do and look to make a base judgement of a player based on his past exploits. Downing's CV was uninspiring, the signing did seem like a panic, 3rd choice, end of the window gamble and opinions of former clubs weren't flattering. The fact he's proven doubters is wrong is great but the criticism of the signing, if done so in a way in which described, was warranted.

In football anything can happen. If we all just refused to offer opinions for fear of being wrong (which certainly seems the case with some posters...ironically the same ones who use them opinions to beat people with later...) then the messageboard would be bland. 

Archived