BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Grayson

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Illogical. So was Jansen, Dunn, Flitcroft and Duff.

Not only illogical but nonsensical. Can't compare Grayson's time at Rovers to them. Jansen, Duff and Dunn were young and instrumental in winning promotion. Duff was player of the season in 99-2000 and his potential was clear even then. The club willingly sold Wilcox as Parkes felt Duff was better. Jansen and Dunn probably would have had maintained their peak form if the former wasn't badly injured and if the latter could stay out of the pub. Flitcroft was injured for a long period and calling him a rubber dinghy man is a ridiculous comment.

They were all part of the squad and the rubber dinghy men meant them all as they were all shit.  And some weee legends such as gallacher, Sutton, flowers etc. To rake it up 18 years later is bizarre. The biggest rubber dinghy man of them all was Kidd he was bloody clueless.

Anyhow, we move on....

4 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

wait, what sort of football does his teams play? 

on the touchlines, is he an upgrade over TM? tbf, haven't seen much of him and his teams but pictures show a similar demeanor

When he’s got 4 promotions from league one, he could stand on his head on the sidelines, it doesn’t really matter. Whatever he does, it seems to work.

One thing to note about Grayson's promotions, 3 of 4 came via the play off lottery.

5 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

wait, what sort of football does his teams play? 

on the touchlines, is he an upgrade over TM? tbf, haven't seen much of him and his teams but pictures show a similar demeanor

Talking to Preston fans i have and they say its long ball football. Defensive style. 

Formation used is 4-4-2, 3-4-3, 4-5-1 and 4-3-3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

His record is very good at getting promotion from this league but no guarantee he will get us promotion either. 

It would be another gamble

because if it is a long ball approach, not sure if the team is suitable. cue chopping and changing?

also, when we have won this season, some of the play was termed unconvincing etc. would that be repeated under the type of football under Grayson? anyhow, would love to get back to winning ways and promotion.

15 hours ago, McClarky said:

I can’t believe that, with all that’s gone on at this club over the last 7 years, people are demanding yet another change of manager. I think when times are hard insanity takes over.

Spot on. It’s embarrassing how goldfish-like some of our fans are! 

Comparing Rovers under Mowbray and PNE under Grayson the main difference would be fitness and his player seemed to want to fight for the shirt.

I still can't see any Rovers player who can last over an hour and possibly with the exception of Smallwood we don't appear to have a player with a passion for playing Rovers.

Looking at the benches on Saturday and Tuesday our manager just strolls around with his hands in his pockets whilst the other managers were organising. I know this means littles as Kidd used to run around like a headless chicken but I like to see a manager show a little passion. Even on Saturday when Bennett was wrongly sent off, Mowbray hardly lost his temper.

Just now, Biz said:

Spot on. It’s embarrassing how goldfish-like some of our fans are! 

So are you happy with mid-table mediocrity because thats all we will acheive this season? If I could see something developing or youth being given a chance I'd be against change but I cannot see anything positive developing. No team pattern, no improvement in fitness or the elimination of the same mistakes each match then I'd be for keeping but nothing is changing?

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

So are you happy with mid-table mediocrity because thats all we will acheive this season?

If the season ended now, we’d be in the playoffs.  It’s not mid table, it’s also not good enough, but you’d have to be blind, deaf and stupid to not worry about our beloved owners making decisions like the one many seem to be craving.

Just now, Biz said:

If the season ended now, we’d be in the playoffs.  It’s not mid table, it’s also not good enough, but you’d have to be blind, deaf and stupid to not worry about our beloved owners making decisions like the one many seem to be craving.

What happens next season when we finish 9 th this season..

This is probably our only chance to go up , before another relegation ...

Bowyer blow our best chance of promotion , in our 2 year down from Prem !!!

A similar  pattern will follow ...

Its not going to end now though is it? Whats our current form like?

I also see that against the top teams we've not got a bad record but against a team who just shut up shop has Mowbray the tactical nous to break them down.

I don't trust Venky's one bit but Cheston had allegedily Warnock lined up at the beginning of last season so there maybe a slime chance that someone may get a manager's appointment right eventually.

11 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

What happens next season when we finish 9 th this season..

This is probably our only chance to go up , before another relegation ...

Bowyer blow our best chance of promotion , in our 2 year down from Prem !!!

A similar  pattern will follow ...

Thing is, lots are advocating history repeating itself. I liked GB a lot and felt he did well for us, but the general consensus is he underachieved.

Why pine for another reserve coach? 

Archived