BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Grayson

52 minutes ago, Biz said:

If the season ended now, we’d be in the playoffs.  It’s not mid table, it’s also not good enough, but you’d have to be blind, deaf and stupid to not worry about our beloved owners making decisions like the one many seem to be craving.

So the only course is to sit back and wait for league 2? Inspiring.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RV Blue said:

No, it's embarrassing how long it takes for some of our fans to realise a manager is clueless.

8 managers in 7 years not including caretakers. The embarrassment is those who fail to see how this and our decline is linked.

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

So the only course is to sit back and wait for league 2? Inspiring.

No, As I’ve said repeatedly since the first “sack Mowbray” comments started (in August?!?);

We are more likely to fail to be promoted changing at this point. If we continue to slip up, we won’t be top 6 come December and I might start thinking more along the lines of a change.

That still doesn’t ignore the probable outcome. Surely, we are in agreement that a Rao owned Blackburn Rovers is perpetually doomed? 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

At what point would you pull the trigger bearing it is generally accepted it's 'shit or bust' this sseason?

Hard to be specific, but since you’re holding a gun to my head; Mid December, anywhere below 8th?

Even in that scenario, I’d be really conflicted and worried about the outcome of moving him out and starting again.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I said I hope that Sunderland appoint the Shrewsbury or Wigan manager. I don't really get your tangent? 

That you might be wanting someone to be appointing Charlton's manager instead in a few weeks because they might be in the Top 2 instead of either Wigan or Shrews. I'm guessing that's why you want Wigan's and Shrews managers to leave?

Not really much of a tangent.

Just now, Biz said:

Hard to be specific, but since you’re holding a gun to my head; Mid December, anywhere below 8th?

Even in that scenario, I’d be really conflicted and worried about the outcome of moving him out and starting again.

The bottom line is, the fans care and worry about the club and only want the best, but the men in suits couldn't give a sh1t as long as they get there bag of gold each month as non of them care about the club.

I doubt there will have been any forward planning if things don't go to plan ( as always). It will be as and when with lots of hand rubbing and blank looks!

1 hour ago, Biz said:

8 managers in 7 years not including caretakers. The embarrassment is those who fail to see how this and our decline is linked.

You've got this the wrong way around, the problem is that we keep appointing shit managers, not that we keep sacking bad managers. We aren't going up with Mowbray so we may as well roll the dice in the hope that we appoint a good manager. The chances of the people in charge actually making a good appointment are slim I know, but that slim chance is still more than the chance of Mowbray coming good (which is 0). There are plenty of good managers out there that would jump at the chance of managing Rovers, we shouldn't settle for a poor manager.

Just now, RV Blue said:

You've got this the wrong way around, the problem is that we keep appointing shit managers, not that we keep sacking bad managers. We aren't going up with Mowbray so we may as well roll the dice in the hope that we appoint a good manager. The chances of the people in charge actually making a good appointment are slim I know, but that slim chance is still more than the chance of Mowbray coming good (which is 0). There are plenty of good managers out there that would jump at the chance of managing Rovers, we shouldn't settle for a poor manager.

Why is Mowbray a 0 at coming good? & name some good managers you'd think could come in & turn it round (if it does need turning round:blink:) after all there is plenty?

22 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That you might be wanting someone to be appointing Charlton's manager instead in a few weeks because they might be in the Top 2 instead of either Wigan or Shrews. I'm guessing that's why you want Wigan's and Shrews managers to leave?

Not really much of a tangent.

I have seen links in the media between Sunderland and both the Shrewsbury and Wigan managers . 

Random tangent. Why Charlton?   But, ya , I suppose I would want their manager to leave if they were doing well :wacko: :rover:

Just now, Skiptonrover said:

Why is Mowbray a 0 at coming good? & name some good managers you'd think could come in & turn it round (if it does need turning round:blink:) after all there is plenty?

Because I've seen enough to suggest that he is completely and utterly useless. I've named a few before... Rosler, Grayson, Cowely brothers, Ainsworth, Jones, etc.

4 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

It's a good point.

You wouldn't keep K**n in charge just because he was 8th manager in 7 years.

If TM isn't doing the required, his position will always be questioned.

Last time I looked at the poll it was over 30% wanting Mowbray to stay, I don't even think the poll is a accurate reflection of the fanbase the mostly partisan forum yes. The people you've mentioned aren't that much better & time you've paid him off it would probably represent too big of a risk to bankroll.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have seen links in the media between Sunderland and both the Shrewsbury and Wigan managers . 

Random tangent. Why Charlton?   But, ya , I suppose I would want their manager to leave if they were doing well :wacko: :rover:

Because Charlton are 6 points behind 2nd with a game in hand. They are also unbeaten in 7 and have won 4 out of their last 5.  They are on a roll. Karl Robinson is doing a good job there.

Why the hell would Wigan's manager go to Sunderland? Especially if their takeover proceeds and goes well for them. Wigan probably will get back into PL before they do unless Short leaves. I wouldn't be surprised if Grayson only went for the salary/payoff. After all it took a couple of years for Souness to get rid of him entirely. Wonder why? :rolleyes:

As for Shrewsbury its far too early so could certainly understand their manager going to Sunderland as poisonous as it is. Its not like they narrowly missed out on promotion last season so lets wait a bit longer. I'm far from sure Shrewsbury will finish 2nd but I'm not predicting anyone other than Wigan for definite automatic promotion.

Karl Robinson's an ignorant prat criticising Wimbledon fans for not particularly liking him. What is he a sociopath? They have damn good reason.

Archived