BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Slightly OT John Williams questions

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

I'd have thought Dyche would be perfect for the WBA job, strange how no one wants to take a punt on him.

As much as I dislike what's happening off junction 10, you can't take it away from Dyche. Would he leave a rising club for a falling club?? 

16 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

As much as I dislike what's happening off junction 10, you can't take it away from Dyche. Would he leave a rising club for a falling club?? 

I believe he's been trying to get away from Burnley for a couple of years, he's taken them as far as he can now.

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Lots of middling Premier League teams directors have delusions of grandeur. They think they can stay in the league and play fancy football at the same time. The directors at the Dingles are more pragmatic.

37 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I believe he's been trying to get away from Burnley for a couple of years, he's taken them as far as he can now.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm also not sure a move to a club like West Brom, at least for the time being, is a step in the right direction for Dyche. As sick as it makes me feel to say it, Dyche is better off staying put for now.

40 minutes ago, Phil T said:

I'm not so sure about that. I'm also not sure a move to a club like West Brom, at least for the time being, is a step in the right direction for Dyche. As sick as it makes me feel to say it, Dyche is better off staying put for now.

West Brom are a much, much bigger club than Burnley, with way more potential.

17 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Chris Coleman maybe a little hasty in jumping in at Sunderland ?..W.B.A a much better option with Pulis a dead man walking.

Cant see Wba going for Coleman anyway. 

Expect a Dyche or Big Sam to take over. Not sure if they go Foriegn tbh

The Dyche situation is a bit odd , probably surprised the man himself....

No way should Burn;ley be where they are in the League with that the players they have....

That's  wholly down to the manager , It is not good to watch but effective ...

Everton , seem to want Unsworth to end of the season ..

West Ham  , god knows why Moyes ..

WBA   probably should keep Pulis as he will keep them up..

One team with a much vaunted manager Newcastle are a team , who when I watch are bloody awful (not to be ruled out of a relegation battle)..

I wonder if Palace regret sacking De Boer ??? Not much improvement if any ...

Palace , Swansea in my opinion are down ...

One place up for grabs Huddersfield is my guess ..

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well WBA have pulled the trigger on Pulis. Gary Megson running things 'until further notice'.

Wonder how much of this has Williams' fingerprints on it and how much is from the owner.

Would be hilarious if Lai appointed Kean though obviously he won't. On their official site Williams is the one quoted and he said results haven't been good enough.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Would be hilarious if Lai appointed Kean. On their official site Williams is the one quoted and he said results haven't been good enough.

A transition from Pulis to Megson to Allardyce or Dyche would probably see their fans revolting in the streets outside the Hawthorns.

One of the biggest criticisms of Pulis has been his style of play. Williams and the owner would get a lot of grief if they immediately replaced him with someone similar in ethos.

46 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A transition from Pulis to Megson to Allardyce or Dyche would probably see their fans revolting in the streets outside the Hawthorns.

One of the biggest criticisms of Pulis has been his style of play. Williams and the owner would get a lot of grief if they immediately replaced him with someone similar in ethos.

Williams is in a no win situation I believe. The players at West Brom were signed to play in the style Pulis wanted. An Allardyce or Dyche could get something more out of them but the style would essentially be the same. Bringing in some manager with a reputation for free flowing football could well backfire simply because of the limitations of the current squad. If they could limp along until January they could throw money at it but there are simply no guarantees.

Either way I feel it will end in tears and Williams will be the villain of the piece in the eyes of the fans.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Williams is in a no win situation I believe. The players at West Brom were signed to play in the style Pulis wanted. An Allardyce or Dyche could get something more out of them but the style would essentially be the same. Bringing in some manager with a reputation for free flowing football could well backfire simply because of the limitations of the current squad. If they could limp along until January they could throw money at it but there are simply no guarantees.

Either way I feel it will end in tears and Williams will be the villain of the piece in the eyes of the fans.

In fairness their is some good footballers at West Brom who don't need to play the Pulis style.Brunt,Chadli,Rodriguez, the guy they got from psg (can't spell his name).

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

In fairness their is some good footballers at West Brom who don't need to play the Pulis style.Brunt,Chadli,Rodriguez, the guy they got from psg (can't spell his name).

That's three or four but the vast majority are in the Pulis/Allardyce mould. The usual back four are robust and quite limited in terms of creativity and ability. Similarly the majority of midfielders are workmanlike but are effective at what they are asked to do.

As I said I think it will end in tears.

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Exactly. If anything Pulis was holding back what ,is on paper, a far more technical bunch of players than some give them credit for. 

Michael O'Neill would be the way to go. Stock high and a proven result getter with all of his teams punching WELL above their weight. It's early in the season too, I don't see the need to send out the Big Sam signal just yet. Although after saving us when Williams was here, I am sure he is on the radar 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Knowing how John Williams has reacted previously in these situations, i'm all but certain he will get Allardyce in. Premiership football is everything.

I'd go Koeman, myself. He was shafted by Everton who didn't manage to bring in a striker so was always going to struggle. He's a good manager. 

Just now, J*B said:

Knowing how John Williams has reacted previously in these situations, i'm all but certain he will get Allardyce in. Premiership football is everything.

Allardyce has already said he has no interest in taking a club over in a relationship fight.His interest In Everton was different as their owner wants to throw a load of money at it

Just now, islander200 said:

Allardyce has already said he has no interest in taking a club over in a relationship fight.His interest In Everton was different as their owner wants to throw a load of money at it

I think the get out for that, though, is West Brom have an owner with a lot of cash. He can say West Brom are struggling, but are a club looking up not down.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

But didn't some poll amongst Rovers fans vote overwhelmingly not to appoint Allardyce? The rumour at the time was that Williams heeded this and brought Ince in.

Hopefully (if this is true) he will have learnt from his error.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

But didn't some poll amongst Rovers fans vote overwhelmingly not to appoint Allardyce? The rumour at the time was that Williams heeded this and brought Ince in.

Hopefully (if this is true) he will have learnt from his error.

Originally someone (the LT) did a poll and Big Sam was way down the list. When we got rid of Ince and where in trouble, Big Sam was much more welcomed. 

Archived