BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Would you be happy if Red Bull bought Blackburn Rovers?

Thendodrog's Lancashire United idea is going to gain a mass movement at this rate. I'm not sure exactly where Theno would have wanted the stadium to be but in my view Rovers should have been the equivalent anyway. Unfortunately after Jack died the club went from "we must see ourselves as being Lancashire" to repeatedly calling a big town a small town. Of course its a little hard to take that approach now given the situation. I'm a bit surprised really considering some of the more parochial minded on here that something as drastic as a Red Bull rebranding could be mooted. People used to ask me "who would want to buy Rovers?" and these days its me wondering that unless most of the debt was written off. I don't mind thinking "outside the box" for goodness sake I proposed Maradona 4 months before his name was linked. He might have been a failure for sure (I'm not blind) but it would have been great publicity and it wouldn't have wrecked the club. Surrounding him with a strong coaching staff would have been my way of trying to make it work though obviously that would have run the risk of offending him.

38 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Thendodrog's Lancashire United idea is going to gain a mass movement at this rate. I'm not sure exactly where Theno would have wanted the stadium to be but in my view Rovers should have been the equivalent anyway. Unfortunately after Jack died the club went from "we must see ourselves as being Lancashire" to repeatedly calling a big town a small town. Of course its a little hard to take that approach now given the situation. I'm a bit surprised really considering some of the more parochial minded on here that something as drastic as a Red Bull rebranding could be mooted. People used to ask me "who would want to buy Rovers?" and these days its me wondering that unless most of the debt was written off. I don't mind thinking "outside the box" for goodness sake I proposed Maradona 4 months before his name was linked. He might have been a failure for sure (I'm not blind) but it would have been great publicity and it wouldn't have wrecked the club. Surrounding him with a strong coaching staff would have been my way of trying to make it work though obviously that would have run the risk of offending him.

*IF* the situation deteriorates to the point where a phoenix club is ever needed it certainly won't be called Lancashire United. It will be Blackburn Rovers or nothing.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:05, Vinjay17 said:

After Abrahamovitch bought Chelsea everything changed. So I was proud to support the "Lancashire United " idea(altho did not like the United bit).

Now I would support Black Beauty Rovers.

15 minutes ago, mhead said:

After Abrahamovitch bought Chelsea everything changed. So I was proud to support the "Lancashire United " idea(altho did not like the United bit).

Nothing changed, just a rich Russian bought a London club. City have taken it a bit further money-wise so are you back on with the idea of LU?

Any Rovers fan supporting an idea of a united Lanky team should be shot out of a cannon into Yarkshire and never let back in. Heathens.

Well yeah it changed things but I realised more people would follow Abramovich. Remember when Mamut was linked here shortly afterwards and Souness quickly dampened that rumour. I think Jack would probably have tried to sell to someone like Abramovich knowing it was the way forward. Granted if the trustees were not a complete disgrace (I wasn't quite at that animosity level in 2003 but by 2004 I saw what they were doing influenced by that scumbag family) wouldn't have gone on about it so relentlessly. Rovers were the only club within the modern boundaries at that time in the top flight. I've quoted it twice already since my latest return (and don't want to keep hammering the point but its the obvious reply here) but "we must see ourselves as being Lancashire" was a statement in 1998 that should have applied in 01, 02, 03, etc.

Theno does call it Lancashire County occasionally so he's noted the United bit I guess lol. If those who favor the idea were Stockport fans would you have liked the "Manstock County" proposal lol? That proposal was made and they didn't like it.

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well yeah it changed things but I realised more people would follow Abramovich. Remember when Mamut was linked here shortly afterwards and Souness quickly dampened that rumour. I think Jack would probably have tried to sell to someone like Abramovich knowing it was the way forward. Granted if the trustees were not a complete disgrace (I wasn't quite at that animosity level in 2003 but by 2004 I saw what they were doing influenced by that scumbag family) wouldn't have gone on about it so relentlessly. Rovers were the only club within the modern boundaries at that time in the top flight. I've quoted it twice already since my latest return (and don't want to keep hammering the point but its the obvious reply here) but "we must see ourselves as being Lancashire" was a statement in 1998 that should have applied in 01, 02, 03, etc.

Theno does call it Lancashire County occasionally so he's noted the United bit I guess lol. If those who favor the idea were Stockport fans would you have liked the "Manstock County" proposal lol? That proposal was made and they didn't like it.

Lanncashire Towns FC

The plural works.

Aside from Preston not being a town and Blackburn having applied for city status. I wonder if Ipswich would do what Swansea did back in the 60's. Interesting but I haven't been under impression there were tons of complaints about their name change or stuff like Leeds changing their shirts to white. Of course Leeds hadn't done a damn thing until Revie took over (not helped by the demise of Leeds City though they were replaced by Leeds United more or less right away) but I'm sure he made that decision straight away. He didn't wait until they won the league first.

Personally I think Ipswich should change it if they become a City. Wouldn't need to change their shirts or anything but no point keeping a parochial (used that word twice since returning but I really don't say it that much these days lol) name like Town if you're a City. I certainly wouldn't say Newcastle for instance should change their name to Newcastle Athletic or something that would be completely illogical. There is the song "London Town" of course so Ipswich could just say its an anachronism. Still should change if they become a city though.

red bull rovers would be awesome. I would also not be against the whole Lancashire united depending who was involved in it. I would rather support a team with genuine ambition than the current sorry husk of a club that Blackburn has become. 

A 'red bull Rovers' would get us up the leagues, sort out the finances, and remove the street s--tters but it would probably also mean the club would lose that something that makes it Blackburn rovers. It will be another arm of a mega corporation that already own several other clubs, 2 F1 teams......

Mind you most of the top clubs are owned by oligarchs, countries and mega corporations anyway. 

Archived