BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnet (H) 04.11.17

9 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm with you big dog. The man's an absolute clown. If a player needs resting, rest him and put someone else in who can deliver the intensity levels required, neh demanded of a professional footballer . You can't be going in to any game half arsed because the opta stats showed a good work out a few days ago. Ffs 

This is the message he is giving the players. Its a free pass to slack off 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I totally disagree regarding the choice of goalkeeper. Raya clearly lacks confidence with certain aspects of his game, those that he has time to think about and should be worked on day in day out by the coaching staff. I would hazard an educated guess that Leutweiler is the Antonsson and Ward equivalent of goalkeepers. The difference being one mistake is castigated as far as goalkeepers are concerned. Raya may have flapped at one and his kicking at times is suspect, in the overall scheme of things, so what, he's the least of our problems.

Our primary issues aren't the goalkeeper: in my honest opinion, they are everywhere else first and foremost, all over the park, I started to list them but crikey it'd be 'war and peace', even at this level, we're that bad. 

I'm not suggesting Raya is a big problem for us, I just think in a game like this against lower division opposition it might be a good opportunity to give him a weekend off and a good excuse to give Leutwiler a game.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I'm not suggesting Raya is a big problem for us, I just think in a game like this against lower division opposition it might be a good opportunity to give him a weekend off and a good excuse to give Leutwiler a game.

I hear what you're saying JHR, on this occasion, I'd have worked on Raya's frailties in midweek and put him to work against Barnet: much like falling off the horse and then being made to jump back on again to regain confidence.

I've just read Mowbray's latest platitudes and tbh, I give up, the man's a pillock. No point any of us trying to apply any logic whatsoever to anything regarding Rovers any longer, the job's fecked, I really cannot relate to anything the man says anymore. You can well imagine his 'motivational talks' to the team at 2.45pm.

Roll the dice and clear the decks, sadly.

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

“I think each game dictates (the level of intensity).

“Going away to Wigan we worked really hard during the week on a gameplan of trying to be on the front foot and taking them out of their passing rhythm and that required a high intensity.

“The intensity levels away from home hadn’t been particularly high because of how we set up.

It says everything about the way they played at Oldham apparently.

He says some very odd things. I assume from the 2nd highlighted bit he means we just sit off away from home? He's saying we have to match Barnet's adrenaline in one of the articles I've read today and match their 'intensity'. Yet he's admitting we don't play with 'intensity' in some games on purpose? He constantly contradicts himself.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

image.jpeg.24219917ae51cb9a3e882a85254c55c1.jpeg

Last time we played in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the FA Cup in 1979 v Stafford Rangers and Kidderminster Harriers, all sides of the ground were open. Now with stands regularly shut for cup ties or visiting supporters (DE), fans are alienated and put off from attending.

Great photograph. That brings back lots of happy memories. Even when we were struggling years ago at least you could expect the 11 out there to bust a gut - not anymore.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/november/mowbray-momentum-is-key/

“My job is to make sure the team turns up on the day and doesn’t get overwhelmed by a team that is full of adrenaline."

He's starting to get on my nerves now. He's drinking in the last chance  saloon for me. Stop giving our lot a reason not to perform and get the buggars motivated to run through brick walls !  Bloody Hell, what's wrong with the Club ?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's starting to get on my nerves now. He's drinking in the last chance  saloon for me. Stop giving our lot a reason not to perform and get the buggars motivated to run through brick walls !  Bloody Hell, what's wrong with the Club ?

Yep, he talks some utter rot. He also puts the fear of god into his own players. Bizarre.

42 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I hear what you're saying JHR, on this occasion, I'd have worked on Raya's frailties in midweek and put him to work against Barnet: much like falling off the horse and then being made to jump back on again to regain confidence.

I've just read Mowbray's latest platitudes and tbh, I give up, the man's a pillock. No point any of us trying to apply any logic whatsoever to anything regarding Rovers any longer, the job's fecked, I really cannot relate to anything the man says anymore. You can well imagine his 'motivational talks' to the team at 2.45pm.

Roll the dice and clear the decks, sadly.

To me Nick his weaknesses have been evident all season and they don't appear to be improving. He has got away with lots of mistakes which, in fairness haven't always cost us but must spread uncertainty in his own team and are definitely being targeted by the opposition. His kicking is, on the whole just adequate and his ability to deal with crosses poor. There is a nervousness in the crowd when balls come into our box. On the plus side he is a really good shot stopper but League One has a physicality about it where he will get a buffering.

Bowyer persisted far too long with Jake Kean and in the end he was a bumbling wreck. I fear the same for Raya if he isn't taken out of the firing line.

On the back of relegation and looking to build a promotion team you start at the back with the best goalkeeper you can get in your circumstances not throw in a rookie and expect him to perform like a seasoned pro week in week out.

No good when for every reflex save that might be vital is followed up every 5 games with a clanger that costs points but that's exactly what you'll get over the course of this season with this lad learning his trade. Not his fault and he's already easily equal to Steele with potential to be better so they'll be over the moon because his wages will be half of the previous guy probably but it's just another glaring weak point in a team, manager, coaching staff and club riddled with them.

I'd like to see what the other guy can do but as has been said you need Raya to get the other night out of his system not stew on it and take it into the next league game.

People are overreacting with Raya. He's saved us points in the past.

He made a mistake against Fleetwood but, aside from that, has been solid. He can flap at crosses but young keepers do. Remember De Gea when he first went to Utd? He certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped from league games.

Playing your number two in the cup is the "in thing" to do these days though and could provide a good chance to see what this other lad has about him. Raya wouldn't lose confidence not playing in this game either.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

It says everything about the way they played at Oldham apparently.

He says some very odd things. I assume from the 2nd highlighted bit he means we just sit off away from home? He's saying we have to match Barnet's adrenaline in one of the articles I've read today and match their 'intensity'. Yet he's admitting we don't play with 'intensity' in some games on purpose? He constantly contradicts himself.

I just don't that there is any excuse not to have intensity. As I said, the top teams in the world base their games on having intensity. Teams that exceed expectations do it on working harder and having more intensity than the opposition. Why does Mowbray not think we need it every game?

I put intensity and hard work together. Maybe I am wrong in that?? 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Exactly, if you have played the game you will know, pressure ,lack of confidence, frightened of making mistakes which will eventually  lead to players going missing in the game ...what is it with the man...Really annoys me

Watched video of the last goal by Fleetwood and find it harsh to blame Raya totally. Antonsson was the first man on the near post and he was smaller when he jumped than when he stood up. The club have never replaced Jordan Rhodes in this spot. Behind him Nuttall and Williams both allowed their man to get goal side of them. Raya spotted the danger and attempted to get across but he's no Filan when it comes to clattering men, which in this case was his own since they had lost their opponents. Chiefly to blame was Nuttall who if he had taken a proper position could have turned it out for another corner. To be fair we don't know how much time Nuttall has spent on the training field covering these situations. Tactically we were outplayed. Fleetwood play with a left sided midfield player who drops back to left back when danger threatens allowing the back four to slide across. To counter Nyambe should have been played in behind him but after the first twenty minutes he never went forward. Fleetwood also play two men upfront who seldom operate in the centre but play wide or run diagonally. There must have been many times when Mulgrew could have stepped forward. The ball was passed repeatedly from one side of the back four to the other, once three times in succession. It might be the classic way to draw out a defence sat deep but only if the defenders look up and find players breaking into space. Not sure the players look up. They certainly don't find space. Really thought Rosler taught us a lesson with his game plan and organisation. 

5 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

image.jpeg.24219917ae51cb9a3e882a85254c55c1.jpeg

Last time we played in the FA Cup 2nd round in December 1979 v Stafford Rangers, all sides of the ground were open. Now with stands regularly shut for cup ties or visiting supporters (DE), fans are alienated and put off from attending.

What was unsafe about that Mr Taylor?

They went an ripped it up on a massive knee jerk, rather than tackle the true cause, and now we've got a soul bereft morgue. :(

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jesus christ, just read that article. Does anyone else find this absolutely ridiculous and extremely worrying from Mowbray? I have highlighted the parts that really stood out to me. What the absolute hell?? Should intensity levels not always be high? Am I missing something here or not understand the word intensity properly? Seriously, I can't believe what I just read. I can't imagine any manager of any other team actually saying that. If the top teams can run their bolloxes off ie Man city and Liverpool and if every other team in League 1 can do it at a minimum, why the hell can't we??

In fact I would actually say our intensity levels away from home are higher than at home, that is our bloody problem! 

Can someone please correct me if I am wrong here 

He said: “I think we need to look at various things – at accrued bookings, fatigue levels of certain players and we look at their numbers for every game.

“Their numbers for the last two games are the highest in terms of intensity levels so they have put in a real shift in the last two games.

“We have to be mindful of that and there are not a few more hamstring injuries around the corner because the numbers from their GPS systems are high and we have to be careful not to overload players that we see as really important.

“I think each game dictates (the level of intensity).

“Going away to Wigan we worked really hard during the week on a gameplan of trying to be on the front foot and taking them out of their passing rhythm and that required a high intensity.

“The intensity levels away from home hadn’t been particularly high because of how we set up.

Those quotes are Kean level.

Surely there won't be any hint of experimenting tomorrow.  We haven't got a proper game until 18th after tomorrow so if people don't play they will be almost 3 weeks without  a game which can't be a good thing at this stage of the season.  I think managers nowadays though just can't help fannying around with line ups, formations and rotating just because they can.  At least TM will be able to dust off the "rusty" excuse for the next game.

Any exiles or people not able to get to the game.

I am a volunteer for Barrow in Furness hospital radio station Radio Lonsdale and we have been granted press access for tomorrows game.

Anyone who heard our stream for the Barrow game it will be myself on my own unfortunatley but will be bringing all the action from 2:55pm onwards.

Our stream can be accessed online via our website www.radio-lonsdale.co.uk

Just click on SportZone LIVE FOOTBALL which can be found under our advert for the macclesfield game next week

Archived