BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnet (H) 04.11.17

49 minutes ago, Adam1875 said:

Any exiles or people not able to get to the game.

I am a volunteer for Barrow in Furness hospital radio station Radio Lonsdale and we have been granted press access for tomorrows game.

Anyone who heard our stream for the Barrow game it will be myself on my own unfortunatley but will be bringing all the action from 2:55pm onwards.

Our stream can be accessed online via our website www.radio-lonsdale.co.uk

Just click on SportZone LIVE FOOTBALL which can be found under our advert for the macclesfield game next week

Brilliant news. Thanks.

I have failed to get iFollow to show live games so this is very welcome.

I listened to the Barrow stream which was excellent.

Thanks again from ARA in BKK :):rover:

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look like Rovers will be playing strong side with Mulgrew starting. 

Hope Luetwiler and Nuttall start

Oh good, I hope Raya starts and he's seriously put through his paces and regains his confidence. He really needs to assert himself and needs centre halves who boss centre forwards.

I hope Nuttall starts up top with Graham, with Mulgrew playing a Tugay, holding type role in midfield. 

Sick of Mowbray tinkering with the team to counter what the opposition are doing. This is Fleetwood, BARNET(!) we're talking about not Barcelona! 

Being the highest paid players in League One you would assume a level of intensity in every game.

No wonder they are slacking off with Mowbray making up excuses for how strong the opposition are. 

Has Mowbray called them Barnelonia yet?

Anyway, he seems to be putting the pressure on the young lads:-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15640570._They_have_to_produce____Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_warns_fringe_players_they_must_perform/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor  

"Players who are given an opportunity have to produce otherwise they slip further away from our thoughts when I sit and pick a team for each game...(they) have to come to the party and get right to the forefront of my brain.”

Incredible amount of pressure being put on these young lads. It's a very strange way of trying to motivate players to do well. It's almost as if he's setting them up to fail.

Reminds me of a post by @RevidgeBlue the other day in the Nuttall thread:-

'"There was a suggestion made to me the other day by someone who knows one of the Academy lads (who understandably wants to leave) that if one of the youngsters is selected Venky's query why such and such a player they're paying 5k a week for isn't playing" 

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Has Mowbray called them Barnelonia yet?

Anyway, he seems to be putting the pressure on the young lads:-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15640570._They_have_to_produce____Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_warns_fringe_players_they_must_perform/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor  

"Players who are given an opportunity have to produce otherwise they slip further away from our thoughts when I sit and pick a team for each game...(they) have to come to the party and get right to the forefront of my brain.”

Incredible amount of pressure being put on these young lads. It's a very strange way of trying to motivate players to do well. It's almost as if he's setting them up to fail.

Reminds me of a post by @RevidgeBlue the other day in the Nuttall thread:-

'"There was a suggestion made to me the other day by someone who knows one of the Academy lads (who understandably wants to leave) that if one of the youngsters is selected Venky's query why such and such a player they're paying 5k a week for isn't playing" 

I wonder who breathes in their ears prompting such questions ?  

Big point about Venkys interference at a very basic level. Fits in with John Jensen's comments and goes against Tony Mowbray's 'honesty' at the  Consultative meeting.

Maybe a point for protest in future.

The young lads are a way of getting 'our' Rovers back. Remember how proud we were of Duff, Dunn and Jansen.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

I wonder who breathes in their ears prompting such questions ?  

I'm not sure I'd even see it as anything more than Owners having to 'bankroll' (I'm using the tem loosely before anyone gets upset and starts ranting) a promotion push and Mowbray failing to win games and the likes of Samuel, Dack, and Graham (the probable big earners) not playing regularly. If Nuttall comes in the team and starts banging them in regularly then any owner would be asking why they are paying big money to players that aren't, especially when the manger either bought them or specifically requested they stay and continue to be paid big money. If Mowbray has a bad November he will be under big pressure I would have thought.

28 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

People who know nothing about football.

I guess they could also be asking why the U23's are getting great results, but the first team aren't? I suspect Mowbray is being paid a lot more than Johnson.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Re: Rev’s post, whilst we know the V’s are absolute buffoons, Mowbray should be held to account for bringing in dollopers like Gladwin, Caddis and Hart when we have better sitting in our under 23 side.

Hart looks a very odd signing if Doyle is as good as some say. Harper too, considering Tomlinson/Hardcastle look to have a bright future.

Gladwin's miss from pretty much exactly where Nuttall scored from will live long in the memory! 

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not sure I'd even see it as anything more than Owners having to 'bankroll' (I'm using the tem loosely before anyone gets upset and starts ranting) a promotion push and Mowbray failing to win games and the likes of Samuel, Dack, and Graham (the probable big earners) not playing regularly. If Nuttall comes in the team and starts banging them in regularly then any owner would be asking why they are paying big money to players that aren't, especially when the manger either bought them or specifically requested they stay and continue to be paid big money. If Mowbray has a bad November he will be under big pressure I would have thought.

It's an odd question to ask unless they are quite rightly getting an itchy trigger finger after giving him a good platform to work from. As always nothing makes sense because as someone pointed out if he turned around and said but this is why we have academy and in the long run it will save wages and maybe deliver transfer values then he's covered himself.

I've a feeling here that TM could be trying to prove a point about the academy given his earlier comments about it. If the best u23s side In years is being ignored at league flipping 1 level to stubbornly cover earlier comments it's beyond stupidity but yet again it just wouldn't happen at a club with a proper CE or someone in position above the manager and between the owners who actually knows what they are doing and has no agenda to any other organization or persons.

There's another big opportunity being wasted here on a couple of counts.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's an odd question to ask unless they are quite rightly getting an itchy trigger finger after giving him a good platform to work from. As always nothing makes sense because as someone pointed out if he turned around and said but this is why we have academy and in the long run it will save wages and maybe deliver transfer values then he's covered himself.

I've a feeling here that TM could be trying to prove a point about the academy given his earlier comments about it. If the best u23s side In years is being ignored at league flipping 1 level to stubbornly cover earlier comments it's beyond stupidity but yet again it just wouldn't happen at a club with a proper CE or someone in position above the manager and between the owners who actually knows what they are doing and has no agenda to any other organization or persons.

This is exactly why I say we will never succeed under these owners. If after a bad result, the person at the top wanted an hour or two to chat about what was going wrong and discuss a plan to put things right, we would have half a chance. No one seems accountable and lethargy just sets in.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

His comments about the Academy were very odd considering his backtrack a week later.  He does that a lot though. Chapman can't defend so we don't play him changed to 'he can expose attacking teams on the counter-attack' when he played against Pompey. Nuttall hasn't the attributes changed to Nuttall has all the attributes 10 days later.

Mowbray says whatever is needed to justify his decisions. He's full of shit essentially and I'm starting to question everything he says. Which brings us back to the absurd amounts of pressure and lack of support being offered to the kids.

40 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Re: Rev’s post, whilst we know the V’s are absolute buffoons, Mowbray should be held to account for bringing in dollopers like Gladwin, Caddis and Hart when we have better sitting in our under 23 side.

Hart's a young player we haven't seen enough of yet so too early to say he's a dolloper. Young players sometimes take time to produce even Duff struggled in 98-99.

Archived