BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnet (H) 04.11.17

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That's completely wrong mate. It was a back four for the whole game.

Well obviously you where at the game and I have no reason to doubt you.Amateur hour at the let and bbc radio then 

Midfield 4 of Gladwin,Harper,Evans and Hart then?

Dack just off Graham?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
12 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

Comfortbale win after a slow start,good to see both strikers getting on the score sheet and the young lad Nutall.

Unbeaten at home in 5 games now,not been able often to say that.

That's because we've not often played Barnet, Plymouth and Fleetwood at home! 

1 hour ago, Adam1875 said:

This is only the 2nd game iv seen other than the barrow game in the summer but how on earth nuttall doesnt get a start im amazed. He changed the game coming on someone with abit of direct drive upfront and that wants the ball. He will have clubs sniffing around him before long if not already for his exploits in the reserves

Mowbray does not value the academy and would rather use the money for the loan market.

Every time he promotes a development player he has to admit he is wrong.

This stubbornness is one of my big worries.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Some folk are more than happy with this situation and don’t realise how untenable it is.

I have to take my son to Ewood as his disability prevents him from attending on his own. I’ll be  there for the next match.

If it wasn’t for this today would be my last game. We were appalling. Three goals or not we were absolute, total garbage. I said to a friend who happened to be sat in front of me “the problem with this team is one could sit in the stand with one’s eyes closed and predict every pass.”

This team is going nowhere. Mowbray hasn’t a clue. Mowbray OUT.

I’m done with this lot. The only reason I’ll continue is for my lad. 

We are awful, just awful.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

yep,its usually Barnsley, Preston and fulham we get beat by,but at least we are not losing Tom,thats what we all want.

1 minute ago, Mark45 said:

yep,its usually Barnsley, Preston and fulham we get beat by,but at least we are not losing Tom,thats what we all want.

No we all want to get promoted.Drawing at home to Plymouth and then twice going ahead against Fleetwood only to end up drawing the game is not promotion form

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Paul said:

I have to take my son to Ewood as his disability prevents him from attending on his own. I’ll be  there for the next match.

If it wasn’t for this today would be my last game. We were appalling. Three goals or not we were absolute, total garbage. I said to a friend who happened to be sat in front of me “the problem with this team is one could sit in the stand with one’s eyes closed and predict every pass.”

This team is going nowhere. Mowbray hasn’t a clue. Mowbray OUT.

I’m done with this lot. The only reason I’ll continue is for my lad. 

We are awful, just awful.

This says a lot to me, Paul is as reasonable and as far away from a knee jerk poster as you can imagine and it's a damning indictment of the current approach as you can get.

Fair play to you for doing right by your lad Paul as long as it still gives him happiness it's worth it for you; for me my 6 year old doesn't want to go and as I can no longer reasonably get him a ticket and pick and choose when he goes it's going to be hard to justify a season ticket next year.

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Strong words @Paul but the 'predicting every pass' resonated. You don't have to be there to know what it's like. You only have to see them a couple of times. Every game it's the same dull, turgid dross.

Did it improve when Nuttall came on?

Yes strong words and I think most know I do my best to be reasoned and to support the team and manager. The last time I can recall us being so bad was against Stockport when we lost 1-0 under either Kidd or Hodgson. It might have been the night the BBE sang “Hodgson for England.”

Dont underestimate how appallingly bad Rovers were today.

Nuttall? Well when he scored on Tuesday I thought to myself everyone is going to get carried away with this. Yes he scored again today but for me the jury is still out and will probably be deliberating for some time to come. 

This really was the worst in decades. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I was there and would say Hart and Caddis were wing backs.

On the BBC radio London or whatever it was just before the match they called out the team and said it was 4-4-1-1,then after about 5 minutes of the game the said it looked like they had it wrong and then said it was a back 3 of Downing,mulgrew and Williams,with Caddis and Hart as wing backs.The let journo also said this pre match.

Not the best performance but we won. First half was shocking performance. 

Rovers started in 3-4-2-1 formation and it didnt work at all. Too slow with passing and created one good chance that Graham missed. 

Second Half we were better and could have 6 or 7. Mowbray changed his formation and went 4-4-2 with a back 4 of Caddis Downing Mulgrew Wiilams midfield 4 of Gladwin Harper Evans Dack and 2 up front of Graham and Nuttall. 

Very pleased with the chances created 2nd half. Nuttall, Grahan Antonsson took their goals well

The back 3 option needed droppping permantly.

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yes strong words and I think most know I do my best to be reasoned and to support the team and manager. The last time I can recall us being so bad was against Stockport when we lost 1-0 under either Kidd or Hodgson. It might have been the night the BBE sang “Hodgson for England.”

Dont underestimate how appallingly bad Rovers were today.

Nuttall? Well when he scored on Tuesday I thought to myself everyone is going to get carried away with this. Yes he scored again today but for me the jury is still out and will probably be deliberating for some time to come. 

This really was the worst in decades. 

I think the poor, disjointed performances-understatement -have been all too frequent.

This team is going nowhere.

Is it important that the team wins promotion? I guess not to the powers that be.... and you really have have to wonder what could be more important to a club in our position.

50 minutes ago, alcd said:

Gladwin is a non-league player who got lucky. He should return to where he belongs but the pay cheque will be miniscule compared to what he gets now.  Only a muppet would pay him what he gets at Rovers. In the meantime he should shave his head so he gets the anonymity he warrants.

Curious thing about Gladwin is he apparently did quite well for Swindon Town in League One three years ago before heading to QPR, so calling him a non-league player who got lucky is inaccurate. Seems something went wrong after that move. Either the money got to his head, injury, general lack of fitness caught up to him... who knows. He has performed at this level before...  (perhaps the 11 goals in 41 in 14-15 flatters him, but he was a regular for a 4th place team)

I think I read that Mowbray said during a supporters meeting that he was a free transfer with clauses attached, so hope he's not too costly for us in the end. Certainly has wasted enough chances in the squad, and Mowbray has already commented he's been disappointed with him so far.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not the best performance but we won. First half was shocking performance. 

Rovers started in 3-4-2-1 formation and it didnt work at all. Too slow with passing and created one good chance that Graham missed. 

Second Half we were better and could have 6 or 7. Mowbray changed his formation and went 4-4-2 with a back 4 of Caddis Downing Mulgrew Wiilams midfield 4 of Gladwin Harper Evans Dack and 2 up front of Graham and Nuttall. 

Very pleased with the chances created 2nd half. Nuttall, Grahan Antonsson took their goals well

The back 3 option needed droppping permantly.

Did Hart show any promise at all Chaddy?Or do you think he isn't ready?In his cameo v Rotherham he looked to have a bit of pace in him,its something we are badly lacking even more so since Chapman has now been ruled out for 3 months

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No we all want to get promoted.Drawing at home to Plymouth and then twice going ahead against Fleetwood only to end up drawing the game is not promotion form

you dont get promoted in cups,so that wasnt doing today,but 5 games without a loss at home is good,cold be better i agree but if you dont enjoy a win you may not even bother., 

Just now, Mark45 said:

you dont get promoted in cups,so that wasnt doing today,but 5 games without a loss at home is good,cold be better i agree but if you dont enjoy a win you may not even bother., 

I do enjoy the win but in fairness it's hard to get too excited when like I said we aren't taking 3 points at home against teams that would absolutely love to have our budget.

I'm confident we have the material for straight promotion. Truely believe that. We have some excellent players, but I feel Tony doesn't have what it takes to bring the best out of the lot. Feels like we are using only something like 60 percent of our true potential.

I was excited when Tony signed with us. I believed that he could very well be the one who brings light to this eternal night. I'm not so sure anymore. Not even close.

I dunno. I know that changing manager is a double edged sword with risks and opportunities. We are yet to get lucky in that roulette.

Dont know. I'm just sad. Sad and tired of this neverending darkness.

For god's sake, we are one of the original twelve. We are absolutely magnificent, traditional club. We don't deserve this.

Waiting for phenomenon like in my profile picture. Dawn.

28 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Did Hart show any promise at all Chaddy?Or do you think he isn't ready?In his cameo v Rotherham he looked to have a bit of pace in him,its something we are badly lacking even more so since Chapman has now been ruled out for 3 months

For me, not quite ready for 1st team. 

Had 3 chances to cross the ball and it was blocked. But had space all 1st half but sadly not use enough

2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I agree with some of his criticism here but much of it was his fault. Usually need managers to prepare their team for two halves not one.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/november/magoo-reacts-to-barnet-result/

Still think 3 goals in one half is good though. Wasn't expecting to win 10-0.

Fair enough comments,but bad that he ,again, doesn't mention how his change of formation was also responsible. If he had of started the same players in our usual formation or even 4-4-2,what he said would have more weight. Changing to 3 at the back makes our regular starters uncomfortable. 

It's basically the same thing as he said after the checktrade game against Bury. 

He is very good at blaming the players and yes they deserve it,but when he is fiddling with formations in the same game,I wish he would acknowledge that this also didn't work. 

40 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I do enjoy the win but in fairness it's hard to get too excited when like I said we aren't taking 3 points at home against teams that would absolutely love to have our budget.

I agree in a way,brum have spent £15m are bttom 3,so the money story isnt a good one,all the sides above them will like to have that budget.

Archived