BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnet (H) 04.11.17

2 hours ago, alcd said:

Gladwin is a non-league player who got lucky. He should return to where he belongs but the pay cheque will be miniscule compared to what he gets now.  Only a muppet would pay him what he gets at Rovers. In the meantime he should shave his head so he gets the anonymity he warrants.

Let's hope Gladwin along with Ward are shown the door in January as theres far better amateur players around here than the blond dummy and southern donkey.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

I agree in a way,brum have spent £15m are bttom 3,so the money story isnt a good one,all the sides above them will like to have that budget.

Exactly maybe the manager hasn't used our resources properly?If I was a Birmingham fan I would be unhappy too,but a lot better sides in the championship than league 1.I just can't treat going 5 games unbeaten at home as something to celebrate in this league when that run includes only drawing at home to Plymouth and Fleetwood

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, not quite ready for 1st team. 

Had 3 chances to cross the ball and it was blocked. But had space all 1st half but sadly not use enough

Rovers should be looking at Bury left back .

If it is true about Gladwin being homesick and wanting to go back down South then it makes it even more ridiculous that Mowbray rewarded him with a start today.If the guy wants to go back down South then he shouldn't be in the 18 again and be let go when the Window opens

2 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

When the window opens we should deffo try to release Gladwin & Ward.

Getting young Nuttall signed up to a longer contract wouldnt be a bad shout either!

2 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

When the window opens we should deffo try to release Gladwin & Ward.

Getting young Nuttall signed up to a longer contract wouldnt be a bad shout either!

Wonder if Nuttalls agent is connected in anyway to Cheston and Sylvester to get the deal done at a fair price ?

It's just crazy how these ex players never mould a team in their own playing style, Mowbray a real muck and bullets defender has his team scared of it's own shadow at the beginning of every game. Total groundhog of GB's time were every 5 games or so when everyone gets restless and we've just had a poor defeat he gets them on the front foot only to immediately revert to type next game. Gaz has the genuine excuse of just being a youth team coach trying to handle the big boys but no such excuse for this guy who rotates similar to Gary but actually messes the formations and tactics twice as much.

GB had a very basic core style which he seldom altered whereas Mowbray has no core style at all his approach to it all just isn't suited for lower league football.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

A win is a win and we are in the next round but that result doesn't half paper over some huge cracks. The turning point for me was the introduction of Nuttall whose mobility and aggression had the Barnet defenders worried. He seemed to inspire several others including Graham who up to that point was poor.

I just caught the back end of Mowbrays interview on Radio Lancs but after Bayes and Gallagher spoke about Mowbray saying how he felt let disappointed by certain players who have been chomping at the bit to get a start. I presumed he was talking about Hart, Harper and Gladwin who had shockers. In the case of Hart and Harper the question should have been why were they signed particularly at the expense of better young players we have here already. He then began bigging up our under 23's. Mowbray just doesn't do himself any favours sometimes. His team selection at Rochdale will be interesting in light of his comments.

Interestingly I saw very little of Mowbray and lots of Venus in the second half from my seat in the JW Upper. 

I was told by a reliable source after the game Gladwin is homesick and wants to go back down south. Hopefully that one will happen.

How long a contract have they spewed on this turkey ?  Is it this seasons Stokes I wonder ? Seems to be one paid off every season.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41873937

Highlights. Look at the 2nd goal. Players actually getting forward.

Danny Graham needs to lose the attitude, cupping his ears to the home fans. Lazy bollocks.

Graham celebrated like that against Pompey as well

Not sure what it's all about as he could have had torrents of abuse at times this season along with most of them 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Graham celebrated like that against Pompey as well

Not sure what it's all about as he could have had torrents of abuse at times this season along with most of them 

The lad needs to have a look at himself. In a couple of years he’s gone from being a regular premier league fixture to going nuts when he scores against some league two plodders.

54 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The lad needs to have a look at himself. In a couple of years he’s gone from being a regular premier league fixture to going nuts when he scores against some league two plodders.

Do you think the celebration was aimed at the fans? I'm sure some players just do it for the sake of it. Graham has underperformed this season but I've never been on a game where he's been booed or had any abuse off fans, strange one. 

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

Midfield 4 of Gladwin,Harper,Evans and Hart then?

Oh my days.  This is by far the worst ever midfield we have ever put out.  To charge people money to see this cack is nothing short of robbery.  I tell you now that I could put a better 4 together from local non league.  Without doubt.  So depressing.

But Mowbray is just being Mowbray in picking silly formations and proven failures rather than youth players with promise. 

If he suddenly started picking the best players and using 442, then he would have had a bang on the head. 

If they gave points out fit talking a good game and being a decent person, we'd be top of the table. 

A leopard won't change its spots. It's why he's not working on a higher division. 

If I were being uncharitable  I'd suggest that the club are being used to indulge his bizarre football fantasies. He's football's Walter mitty. Meanwhile, the club sinks further into the mud and there's no sign of him getting binned. 

Without promotion this year, further stagnation is assured

I have to admit the Graham ear cupping does really hit a nerve with me!

Before a ball was kicked any fan of any of team in the country would say if Rovers aren’t top two it’s a disaster ... we are as near the bottom teams than the top two in terms of points.

Most fans and I’m pretty sure people at the club (including manager) would think Graham would clean up in this league ... he really hasn’t! So I’d say any criticism of anybody at Ewood is more than justified and actually the 10,000 that regularly turn up are the kind ones, the other 10,000 that were around at the start of the scum bags regime would have absolutely slaughtered the team and manager!

In fact Graham still gets a fairly good reception, as many fans seem to believe he still has something and he’ll be the one to fire us to promotion.

So, Christ knows what the cupping is all about, perhaps he should have a think to why he’s gone from the PL to the third division bench in a flash.

It was a decent goal tbh,but only scored AFTER Nuttall had pulled the team,and more to the point Mowbray,out of the brown stuff.

If Mowbray relegates Nuttall to the under-23s again after this,he should be sacked on the spot!

The young lad is rescuing our glorious F.A.Cup fighting traditions(of which he may be blissfully unaware)if nothing else.

Archived