BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnet (H) 04.11.17

15 hours ago, RoverCanada said:

Curious thing about Gladwin is he apparently did quite well for Swindon Town in League One three years ago before heading to QPR, so calling him a non-league player who got lucky is inaccurate. Seems something went wrong after that move. Either the money got to his head, injury, general lack of fitness caught up to him... who knows. He has performed at this level before...  (perhaps the 11 goals in 41 in 14-15 flatters him, but he was a regular for a 4th place team)

I think I read that Mowbray said during a supporters meeting that he was a free transfer with clauses attached, so hope he's not too costly for us in the end. Certainly has wasted enough chances in the squad, and Mowbray has already commented he's been disappointed with him so far.

Yes, he was a class at Swindon Town and a then cash flush QPR swooped beating off lots of other clubs... Not sure what happened, but he has ended up with us minus the talent and potential 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Yes, he was a class at Swindon Town and a then cash flush QPR swooped beating off lots of other clubs... Not sure what happened, but he has ended up with us minus the talent and potential 

Or somebody isn't getting a tune out of him.

You can't see it on the highllghts but when Graham knocked it back across the box for Dack to score against Fleetwood, I thought he raised his arms but then had a pop at the fans right in front of the Blackburn End. He seemed to be shouting and I think he seemed to have a kick at the hoardings. Did anyone else notice that?

Just a classic modern day footballer who's played for a few big clubs and been fortunate enough to be always paid way beyond his actually ability. They think they should be hero worshipped and chanted about just for putting on the shirt and walking on the pitch.

He's a lot to learn about lower league football still, earn your fooking money and status lad.

Tinkerman Tony really does himself no favors. Why does he keep doing it? Surely he can see with his own eyes by now that these fancy tactics are not needed in the lower leagues. Just to prove it, when he reverts back to a basic 4-4-2 we comfortably stroll to a win after probably the worst first half of football this season (and there have been some truly awful ones). 5 at the back and 1 up top at home to a side that are not far from dropping out of the football league. Negative much? 

What is he so scared of? We have the players to get out of this league - that I have no doubt about but they are being held back by the man in charge. We have youngsters that are better than some of the players he has signed but his stubbornness to prove that he was right to sign them is costing us and also holding back the careers and development of these players. How many chances does Gladwin (takes it past five men and scores a screamer in training) need before TM realises he aint got it for whatever reason? Yet Nuttall scores 2 in 2 cameos and is told he has to do more.

What grates the most now is his mouth unfortunately. When he first came in I was impressed at how he was honest and obviously a lover of the game but in recent months he has started trotting out some unbelievable stuff. Bigs up the opposition every time, lays down his excuses early and then things wrong he never accepts any blame and instead puts in the players. Again, after yesterday it was the players fault for the first half showing and nothing to do with him changing the formation (yet again) and having square pegs in round holes.

Amazing to think that after winning 3-1 i still feel so downbeat but its because I know he will never change - he has been sacked for doing similar at his previous few jobs so if the penny has not dropped yet it never will.

...am I alone in not understanding the offence some seem to take at the 'cupping of the ears' celebration? I grew up associating that with wrestlers saying 'let me hear it' to encourage fans to be loud (I'm not saying I'm a fan of the celebration haha). I vaguely recall some anger at Chris Taylor and Rhodes doing the same a couple years ago and I was miffed.

Or can it only be taken as sarcastic/taunting when gates are so low...?

19 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Tinkerman Tony really does himself no favors. Why does he keep doing it? Surely he can see with his own eyes by now that these fancy tactics are not needed in the lower leagues. Just to prove it, when he reverts back to a basic 4-4-2 we comfortably stroll to a win after probably the worst first half of football this season (and there have been some truly awful ones). 5 at the back and 1 up top at home to a side that are not far from dropping out of the football league. Negative much? 

What is he so scared of? We have the players to get out of this league - that I have no doubt about but they are being held back by the man in charge. We have youngsters that are better than some of the players he has signed but his stubbornness to prove that he was right to sign them is costing us and also holding back the careers and development of these players. How many chances does Gladwin (takes it past five men and scores a screamer in training) need before TM realises he aint got it for whatever reason? Yet Nuttall scores 2 in 2 cameos and is told he has to do more.

What grates the most now is his mouth unfortunately. When he first came in I was impressed at how he was honest and obviously a lover of the game but in recent months he has started trotting out some unbelievable stuff. Bigs up the opposition every time, lays down his excuses early and then things wrong he never accepts any blame and instead puts in the players. Again, after yesterday it was the players fault for the first half showing and nothing to do with him changing the formation (yet again) and having square pegs in round holes.

Amazing to think that after winning 3-1 i still feel so downbeat but its because I know he will never change - he has been sacked for doing similar at his previous few jobs so if the penny has not dropped yet it never will.

Perhaps that is what he is scared of.

Danny Graham cares  take it from me, he wears his heart on his sleeve , he is the only player this season i have actually seen trying to encourage the home fans to sing  .

The cupping of his hand to the ears his just his way of wanting encouragement, nothing to do with having a go at fans ,yes we know the players need to do it on the pitch  ,its just his way of saying he cares for his own performance and  believe it or not the Blackburn fans as well  ...IMHO

The cupping of the ears is a sarcastic dig at fans, as if to say 'you're not mouthing off at me now are you'? It's normally done by opposition players who have been getting a bit of stick, but also occasionally by home players who are a bit petulant. He's obviously had a bit of stick this season has Danny and it's riled him.

As someone else has said if it keeps him motivated and banging them in then great. Very little else seems to. However, playing up front on your own in a Mowbray team must be pretty soul-destroying so I don't blame him entirely for having a bit of a strop.  Maybe he should cup his ears at Mowbray;)

• J*B unpinned this topic

Last season Graham was seen attempting to raise noise level before a corner. IMO his cupping ears is saying "I can't hear you, we need more", not sarcasm. 

The player is quality . We know that and he knows that by getting behind the whole team can only bring out the best.

13 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Last season Graham was seen attempting to raise noise level before a corner. IMO his cupping ears is saying "I can't hear you, we need more", not sarcasm. 

The player is quality . We know that and he knows that by getting behind the whole team can only bring out the best.

Why would he do it after he scores when everyone is cheering anyway then? It's a far cry from when H Gayle used to do it before the match. IMO it's obvious sarcasm. Mowbray has already said DG was sulking earlier in the season when not getting in the team so he has previous for petulance;)

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Graham ''quality?".

Dear me. He's been an absolute disgrace this season. If he did what he appears to have done yesterday  he's lucky someone didnt run on the pitch and chin him to be honest.

The sooner we're shut of him the better. The wages of him, Mulgrew, Evans and Conway would probably fund an entire team at most League one clubs. There's only really Mulgrew who can hold his head up aa regards his performances this season, and even he hasnt been brilliant, bur Graham has been by far the worst of the bunch.

1 hour ago, den9112 said:

I don't agree, ...and i am going off what i know ...it may be normal for some players but its not the reason DG is doing it 

Certain players just do it to generate noise as that's what they thrive off, don't see the big deal myself either way.

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I remember him doing it even under Lambert, no big deal.

If he scores he can stick 2 fingers up me, not bothered.

Kinky bugger 

3 hours ago, den9112 said:

Danny Graham cares  take it from me, he wears his heart on his sleeve , he is the only player this season i have actually seen trying to encourage the home fans to sing  .

The cupping of his hand to the ears his just his way of wanting encouragement, nothing to do with having a go at fans ,yes we know the players need to do it on the pitch  ,its just his way of saying he cares for his own performance and  believe it or not the Blackburn fans as well  ...IMHO

I'd go along with what you are saying.I don't know about the away games as work commitments mean I can very rarely attend but in the home match I cant recall any instance when Graham has been singled out and boo'd so what reason would he have to be narky with the fans

Graham can do what he likes but scoring to go 2-1 up against an outfit like Barnet isn't anything to cup your ears too. There is no noise at Ewood these days only apathy at the fact we were once a side to be proud of where the likes of Santa Cruz and Bellamy could cup there ears.

if it motivates him fair enough

Maybe just maybe DG is showing his appreciation for the fans that have actually turned up  ,there is nothing more he wants to hear than That Danny graham he scores when he wants ...He Knows the situation the club is in and how much the fans have suffered  ,a goal scored is a goal scored be it Barnet or any other team we play and if he can give the fans something to sing thats the business he is in.... just my take on it

25 minutes ago, den9112 said:

Maybe just maybe DG is showing his appreciation for the fans that have actually turned up  ,there is nothing more he wants to hear than That Danny graham he scores when he wants ...He Knows the situation the club is in and how much the fans have suffered  ,a goal scored is a goal scored be it Barnet or any other team we play and if he can give the fans something to sing thats the business he is in.... just my take on it

Do you know him?

Archived