BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnet (H) 04.11.17

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/11/2017 at 19:47, Lihamylly said:

I'm confident we have the material for straight promotion. Truely believe that. We have some excellent players, but I feel Tony doesn't have what it takes to bring the best out of the lot. Feels like we are using only something like 60 percent of our true potential.

I was excited when Tony signed with us. I believed that he could very well be the one who brings light to this eternal night. I'm not so sure anymore. Not even close.

I dunno. I know that changing manager is a double edged sword with risks and opportunities. We are yet to get lucky in that roulette.

Dont know. I'm just sad. Sad and tired of this neverending darkness.

For god's sake, we are one of the original twelve. We are absolutely magnificent, traditional club. We don't deserve this.

Waiting for phenomenon like in my profile picture. Dawn.

Heartfelt post. I can fully sympathise.

It’s hard to know what to feel or what to do for the best. Seems to be the overriding theme of Venkys tenure: putting up with mediocre managers, who have helped to systematically downgrade our once great club, because we fear their successor. However, our biggest failures have resulted from tolerating failing managers well beyond their normal life span.

So much damage gets done before the trigger is pulled, or they make their escape. We need some energy and a character that fans can get behind. Much like Bowyer, Mowbray gets so much time and support, simply because of the deadbeat he followed.

I think ‘systematic’ sums up Venkys approach to overseeing our decline. A Burnley fan with a grammar school education and a massive chip on their shoulder could not have done a better job.

11 hours ago, Stuart said:

Heartfelt post. I can fully sympathise.

I think ‘systematic’ sums up Venkys approach to overseeing our decline. A Burnley fan with a grammar school education and a massive chip on their shoulder could not have done a better job.

I've said this many a time in the past: the only logical explanation is a Claret's conspiracy. 

Dont really go with this "Clarets conspiracy"thing,only because the dingles threadbare expenses and budget-cutting wouldnt allow any expense on it.

Anyone seeing the BBC stats on their piece on Dyche shows he is number 1 over all 5 top European Leagues for getting a gallon out of a pint pot.

We just need a manager who can at least play to our relative strengths,such as they are in Division 3.

46 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Dont really go with this "Clarets conspiracy"thing,only because the dingles threadbare expenses and budget-cutting wouldnt allow any expense on it.

Anyone seeing the BBC stats on their piece on Dyche shows he is number 1 over all 5 top European Leagues for getting a gallon out of a pint pot.

We just need a manager who can at least play to our relative strengths,such as they are in Division 3.

I'd settle for a pint out of a pint pot as opposed to the half a gill that we're having to witness!

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Mowbray confirmed it was three at the back in the first half?

Certainly looked like a back 3 to me. Though I might have viewed it incorrectly as the presence of Hart on the field was hard to fathom. Its going to take some time for me to work out exactly why he was signed and what he brings to the party that e.g. Jack Doyle couldn't do.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Certainly looked like a back 3 to me. Though I might have viewed it incorrectly as the presence of Hart on the field was hard to fathom. Its going to take some time for me to work out exactly why he was signed and what he brings to the party that e.g. Jack Doyle couldn't do.

I might be wrong here but if we promote from within , agents won't get a percentage !

Hart and Harpers signing baffle me , surely to god in these days of multi subs , we can bench fill from our own ! 

Gladwin is another , now that guy is useless !

Archived