BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale v Rovers Tuesday 7th Nov.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mowbray will be asking all his senior players if they fancy it first before deciding which youngsters will play. I'm going but I expect to feel flat when I see the team he has picked and even flatter when his tactics are revealed.

Lewty

Nyambe   Downing    Wharton       Doyle

Bennett Tomlinson Whittingham

Rankin- Costello

Nuttall      Antonnson

No game next weekend so plenty of time to recover for the likes if  Bennett, Whittingham and Downing.

Wemberleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Be realistic. 

Why?

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Instead of his 3 at the back nonsense,why doesn't Mowbray try 3 up front? Graham centre with Antonnsson and Nutall either side?

Or even Nutall with either Graham or Antonnsson partnering him and Dack in behind 

Go and watch the 23s and tell me it is nonsense... it works well when you have competent wing backs and a manager that knows what he's doing. 

10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Why?

Go and watch the 23s and tell me it is nonsense... it works well when you have competent wing backs and a manager that knows what he's doing. 

It works if you have the players who can at it. Mowbray ill fated attempts to play this was because the players he used just weren't able to play it.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

It works if you have the players who can at it. Mowbray ill fated attempts to play this was because the players he used just weren't able to play it.

He thought that Caddis and Williams were good enough to play as wing backs in a promotion winning side :blink:

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

why? Because Johnson isn't going to be "let" manage the first team for a game. 

Do you think that every opinion on here is 100% plausible? If you replied to every unrealistic suggestion on here you'd be doing it all day! It was just a light hearted tongue in cheek comment about a competition that is barely even a first team one.

• J*B pinned this topic

Expect to see selections of Gladwin, Ward etc. for this one.

I wonder whether Mowbray will have being doing any preparation with the players for this game or like the Bury game will he just let the players opt out of this one and throw together a hybrid 2nd string/reserve team and deservedly get beat.

My team for this game would be

Luetwiler

Travis Downing Wharton  Hart

Antonsson Tomlinson Whits Bennett

Nuttall Graham

Subs:- Fisher, Williams, Nyambe, Harper, Samuel, Gladwin, Smallwood

21 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Why?

In.order to play 3 at the back.successfully they all need to be able to play a bit. Putting ward and downing in a 3 is suicide.  

There should be one dominant CH in the middle and 2 converted full backs or midfielders either side of him....but like macherano for barca or azpilucueta for Chelsea....

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

In.order to play 3 at the back.successfully they all need to be able to play a bit. Putting ward and downing in a 3 is suicide.  

If you have watched any of Downing, you'd have seen that he can play a bit... we are playing against Rochdale reserves, Ward will be fine (even though he is sh1t).

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/november/mowbray-previews-rochdale-clash/

“Tuesday's game is a really good opportunity to give a chance to the lads who I think are really pushing on from the Under-23s, and we'll use some of them"

Travis, Wharton, Doyle (left back), Platt, Tomlinson? I've not seen the U23's so are those the ones closest to the first team squad?

“If we win we go through to the next stage; if we don’t, we’ll put it behind us and take the positive experience for the younger players and move on to the next game".

He sounds up for it:)

26 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

If you have watched any of Downing, you'd have seen that he can play a bit....

Have to agree to disagree mate on this. He's not cut out to play in a 3 with ward.  Perhaps downing as the central defender in the 3 but you'd need pacen and agility around him.(not ward)

Ward should have his contract paid up and pack his bags....I'd  have any of the kids before him.

Archived