BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool/Oystons

Its obviously Belokon who's primarily responsible for this. Imagine that the evil foreigner overcoming those great British owners? :rolleyes:

Not saying the fans shouldn't have protested. Protests if nothing else are a way of releasing pent up anger. In this instance the Oystons were so brazen about causing offence they seemed to actually enjoy the protests. I can only imagine this decision to put the club up for sale is because its an asset that's considered as easier to offload than others. Presumably much of their fortune is tied up in assets as 31 million is obviously a hit for them. I thought they had a fortune that was considerably greater than that but there's a difference between being "cash rich" and "asset rich".

Protests sometimes work but it depends who you're dealing with. Venkys are stubborn though they haven't been as brazen as the Oystons when it comes to insulting fans. If Venkys choose to sell it will almost certainly be their own decision unless we uncover something so underhand it forces a sale. That's the harsh reality as much as we want to see them pay for what they have done.    

The sale may take a while if offers "do not meet the Owners valuation", now where have I heard that phrase before.

As I understand it Blackpool are dept free, not sure about the property company.

No doubt any spending will be carefully limited prior to a sale.

I wonder if the Oystons will entertain any offer that includes BST or try to keep them out as some form of punishment.

This may drag on a while.

Given their spiteful behaviour so far I would imagine they will try and inflict as much damage as possible. If they are propping the club up financially could they stop and force the club into administration? If they can that would potentially bring about a 12 point deduction and a certain relegation scrap. The joy of the Blackpool fans have to be tempered by the fact that as long as they hold the keys to the castle they can do damage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Given their spiteful behaviour so far I would imagine they will try and inflict as much damage as possible. If they are propping the club up financially could they stop and force the club into administration? If they can that would potentially bring about a 12 point deduction and a certain relegation scrap. The joy of the Blackpool fans have to be tempered by the fact that as long as they hold the keys to the castle they can do damage.

Maybe you're right but what they are supposed to do kiss their ass in meantime?

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I think Oystons will show as much care and diligence in the sale of the club as the Walker Trust did.

Get the wheels greased under the table in similar fashion. Pity tantric has retired he would have dug up a pot of cash thrown together in some dark corner of the world by some unofficial syndicate no doubt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I didn't realise that one of the people on the board of the EFL when the Oystons were asset-stripping BFC was the Chairman of BFC, Karl Oyston.

Fit and proper governance.

Where have you been living,on the moon?common knowledge,like bob coar at our gaff,how can it be right?no wonder footballs in a mess.

11 minutes ago, renrag said:

The "amusement" in his name which the Guardian refers to is that, when spoken, it sounds like bent owner. This caused some comment on social media by Blackpool fans and according to the Daily Mail that is the reason he was taken off the game. If that's the case then it's a nonsence decision

Thanks buddy, I had noted that just thought I'd throw in that he was a local lad as well.

A Blackpool mate says the recent Ref change was due to a request by the current owners, worried that the Refs name would be chanted all match, with a few add-ons he supposed.

I came across this link on old Oyston quotes viewed in light of developments. Some other crackers too....

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/12/said-and-done-football-diary-blackpool-karl-oyston

• Like 1

• Backroom
On 14/11/2017 at 05:15, AllRoverAsia said:

A Blackpool mate says the recent Ref change was due to a request by the current owners, worried that the Refs name would be chanted all match, with a few add-ons he supposed.

I came across this link on old Oyston quotes viewed in light of developments. Some other crackers too....

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/12/said-and-done-football-diary-blackpool-karl-oyston

They'll probably still chant 'One Ben Toner!'

He should probably try and be a bit more civil with the Oystons rather than outright criticising them. While he obviously is attracted by Blackpool and is a fan of football in general it wouldn't "stick in the craw" so much to avoid criticising the Oystons as it would with Venkys.

I don't want anyone who may negotiate with Venkys to treat them with anything less than the minimum decorum (certainly if its lifelong fans) but obviously its not an ideal world.

Edited by Vinjay17

On 18/11/2017 at 14:45, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Work colleague, protesting stay away Blackpool fan, is convinced the Oystons are up to no good putting the club up for sale so quickly.They are so vindictive they have something nasty up their sleeve as a final 'farewell' he says.

They tried selling a mill at auction last week for a guide price of five million. Highest bid fetched 1.1 million and went unsold. 

20 minutes ago, Rochdale Blue said:

Ian was at Gigg Lane with his wife and son on Saturday and would have been in the same small corporate lounge as Suhail Pasha. Did not see Mike Cheston at the game.

Cheston was apparently there last night as someone on twitter said he completely ignored fans at a service station. I doubt he was just passing through there by coincidence at the same time. That does not essentially mean he was there at the weekend though seems strange if he would travel to Oxford but not somewhere much closer.

Edited by Vinjay17

5 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Cheston was apparently there last night as someone on twitter said he completely ignored fans at a service station. I doubt he was just passing through there by coincidence at the same time. That does not essentially mean he was there at the weekend though seems strange if he would travel to Oxford but not somewhere much closer.

You would hate to think the group they were advising on Rovers have given up and turned their attention to The Lashers.Probably will be free of debt and with Oyston out the way could run it how they think it should be run. unlike these morons running our gaff- Cheston , Pasha ffs.

i don’t think I could stand it if they did buy it and it became everything we dreamed of in terms of running it successfully and we are still stuck with Barry Bling and the Pluckers

2 minutes ago, TBTF said:

You would hate to think the group they were advising on Rovers have given up and turned their attention to The Lashers.Probably will be free of debt and with Oyston out the way could run it how they think it should be run. unlike these morons running our gaff- Cheston , Pasha ffs.

i don’t think I could stand it if they did buy it and it became everything we dreamed of in terms of running it successfully and we are still stuck with Barry Bling and the Pluckers

Exactly what I was thinking. I thought both Ians were big Rovers fans. I am sure Battersby is.

But if they just fancy owning a football club then Blackpool are probably a better proposition as they would start debt free and a probably a have a wealthy and willing partner in Belokon.  Why go for Rovers with the a massive debt hanging over the club. That's even if they had the option

12 minutes ago, TBTF said:

An exceptionally long shot but what if he's bluffing and just trying to get the attention of Venkys? As if that would work :rolleyes:. In all due respect to Blackpool I can't ever see them becoming "everything we have dreamed of".

Edited by Vinjay17

12 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I thought both Ians were big Rovers fans. I am sure Battersby is.

But if they just fancy owning a football club then Blackpool are probably a better proposition as they would start debt free and a probably a have a wealthy and willing partner in Belokon.  Why go for Rovers with the a massive debt hanging over the club. That's even if they had the option

Yep I know. I suppose we are all assuming that it’s their money but I don’t think it ever has been. They put an investor group together to try to buy Rovers and got sh4t on by Cheston lying about it. So this maybe also acting on behalf of another party.

having hear Ian B on many radio interviews I am convinced he is Rovers , Rovers , Rovers. I couldn’t envisage him being born and bred in  our town turning up at Blackpool. but you never bloody know in football but I would be shocked I think and if truth be told I think I would be heartbroken and hate Venkys even more if that’s possible.

i suppose that Amanda woman at Newcastle would be a similar example. Wasn’t she involved advising in the Man City deal before.? Maybe it is just what businesses like Seneca get asked to do by investors. 

Edited by TBTF

13 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

An exceptionally long shot but what if he's bluffing and just trying to get the attention of Venkys? As if that would work :rolleyes:. In all due respect to Blackpool I can't ever see them becoming "everything we have dreamed of".

No I agree Vinjay , I was just mean if they ran it well and the place was buzzing whilst we still have these nut jobs as our owners- that would proper pee me off