BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool/Oystons

16 minutes ago, meadows said:

From a 2004 article about Ian Currie. He was 42. 

DB61DF72-300E-40F0-92B4-CCFF66DD3D19.png

Interesting though I guess 15 years ago we had no inkling of what was going to become of us especially in the hands of venkys..  Probably not worth reading too much into any of this .

Having said all that I would be ill if they ended up at Blackpool because I still think these 2 are our best hope now of turning us around and running the Club as it should be run.

I'd say fire sale but after the mill price bombed in auction and this listing of the hotel for 11 million -http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-70424537.html/svr/3102;jsessionid=384688D2495A36187BDC4D206C1AEDB1?utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=smspropertydetails&utm_source=url

looks like the oystons are placing stupidly high valuations on all assets to actually deter any interest! Interestingly the hotel  belonged to the club "segesta ltd" when it was then sold to the oystons for 500k, though the club seemingly soon purchased it back for 6.5 million. 

• 2 weeks later...

Charles Windsor has close links with Belokon as well so are the media going to make an equally big issue of that? Infact he was a trustee (not sure whether he is now or not) on the board of one of Windsor's foundations. Due to your anti-Trump remarks elsewhere I'm assuming you believe these allegations Philipl? Surely a trustee involved in football couldn't possibly be corrupt? :rolleyes:

Had no idea Belokon was linked to money laundering and was convicted in absentia. Belokon claims its politically motivated and protests his innocence. 

I saw some of their own fans suggest he make a takeover bid and surely they are aware of his EFL disqualification? 

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2017 at 11:57, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Money...the root of all evil.

Turns once decent folk into Monsters.

Misquote. Money isn't the root of all evil. It's the love of it ie putting it above anything else that is the root of evil. Look at scrooge. It's not his money, which he later puts to good use, that's the problem. It's his putting it above family, friends, the needs of others. Anyway, sermon over. Have a merry Christmas

23 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Charles Windsor has close links with Belokon as well so are the media going to make an equally big issue of that? Infact he was a trustee (not sure whether he is now or not) on the board of one of Windsor's foundations. Due to your anti-Trump remarks elsewhere I'm assuming you believe these allegations Philipl? Surely a trustee involved in football couldn't possibly be corrupt? :rolleyes:

Oh how sweet.

My own little pet troll.

On 19/12/2017 at 11:49, philipl said:

Oh how sweet.

My own little pet troll.

Call me a liar for years over my remarks about Walker Family influence then suddenly VIOLA! Your story shifts to the trustees being FORCED by the non interfering Walker Family to sell! 

Yet I'm the troll. :lol:

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Call me a liar for years over my remarks about Walker Family influence then suddenly VIOLA! Your story shifts to the trustees being FORCED by the non interfering Walker Family to sell! 

Yet I'm the troll. :lol:

Phillip tbf is usually football wise very good, though I personally agree with the sentiments of your post regarding Trump. Unfortunately the right stay classy and the left get angry ?

I'd hardly call Trump, Bannon, Johnson and Mogg classy. That is a whole different issue to Blackpool. It seems that the authorities have a 'divide and conquer' startegy with clubs with dodgy owners. We are ignored and isolated, as are Coventry City, Blackpool and all the other clubs. The dodgy influences that get rich from the chaos try their best to hush up the crisis, and the FA/football league/Premier league happily go along with it as they don't want to perform surgery on their golden goose.

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 23:01, TBTF said:

Yep I know. I suppose we are all assuming that it’s their money but I don’t think it ever has been. They put an investor group together to try to buy Rovers and got sh4t on by Cheston lying about it. So this maybe also acting on behalf of another party.

having hear Ian B on many radio interviews I am convinced he is Rovers , Rovers , Rovers. I couldn’t envisage him being born and bred in  our town turning up at Blackpool. but you never bloody know in football but I would be shocked I think and if truth be told I think I would be heartbroken and hate Venkys even more if that’s possible.

i suppose that Amanda woman at Newcastle would be a similar example. Wasn’t she involved advising in the Man City deal before.? Maybe it is just what businesses like Seneca get asked to do by investors. 

Ian Battersby is 100% Rovers, I guarantee that.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

“The premier league declined to comment”!

Blackpool have been well and truly shafted by these people. Weren’t the bailiffs at the club and the Oyston Home this last week or so? They’re looking to force 25m from the family I believe.

• Like 1

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

I did wonder about this and the potential for Belokon to claim damages from the league.

It has been found in court that the Oystons stripped the club of the Premier League money. If there's evidence that the league's rules prohibited Owen Oyston from owning/running it and yet despite this allowed him to carry on running it and stripping it of millions of pounds, which Belokon was entitled to a share of having invested to get them promoted, then are they potentially at least partly responsible for this stripping of the club.

If they had enforced their own rules at the start then surely Owen Oyston wouldn't have been able to siphon off the money to the exclusion of Belokon?

Nothing to worry about though, because Belokon isn't 'fit and proper' whereas Owen Oyston is.

Makes you realise that Rovers fans pleas to the authorities for help with Venkys and Kentaro were never, ever going to get anywhere. The authorities today won't do anything even when there's evidence of rule breaking and Courts of law making findings against club owners, so hopes they would go digging into dodgy deals with agents and 3rd parties were far fetched.

The way of business is to brush under the carpet, pretend nothing is wrong and cover themselves when the trouble starts.

They're completely unfit for purpose. We had no chance.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

They'll never dig because of the domino effect, one dig unearths untoward goings on and all hell breaks loose. Then you get the next club/set of fans wanting an equiry and so on before you know it half the clubs in England are up in arms over one thing or another.

Letting sleeping dogs lie and brushing the dirt straight under the carpet is their mantra it's all in their best interests. One day the whole morally corupt sandcastle will come tumbling right down. More likely to be Sky going bust or some other money related thing that will bring it about not some irrelevant in their eyes football club.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

While it seems like there some kind of annual review system could be enforced on new owners some fans just don't understand legal complexities, etc. The comments on Owen Oyston for instance who owned the club prior to 2004 conviction rules, etc. Can you imagine the lawsuit that would have come at them had they tried to ban him? I don't think they were ever popular but at that time they had rebuilt the stadium. etc which was a complete and utter dump beforehand. So they could have brought that up to the Football League. I don't really know why they actually invested that money or how much came from grants, etc. On the other hand such rules could probably be brought up in court by incoming or post 04 owners stating that its unfair and prejudiced against them when older owners don't apply. Criminal acts now though whether by long term, incoming, whatever, etc should be grounds for an imminent ban. For instance what they did to Belokon.

Owen Oyston being removed wouldn't have stopped Karl Oyston anyway if they just did some kind of ownership switch. Karl Oyston of course was the chairman though he's recently been replaced and seems to be feuding with his Father now.

Of course there's the question of protests with certain owners not working. In this case its obviously down to Belokon (the foreigner GASP!) ultimately. I think Blackpool fans could have done all kinds of things just to make their lifes as inconvenient as possible. Even things like "slipping" on water in the concourse people can fake back injuries pretty easily. Just pile up the litigation on them though of course it depends how many fans would be willing to get involved. Wasn't there a fire or something in the DE a few years ago? Its a shame fans didn't make a big deal of it and file some kind of safety lawsuit against Venkys.

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

The EFL are a members only club of which OC is a member.

EFL rules allow for retrospective action, namely banning OC, the EFL chose not to.

When Blackpool were in the PL Scudamore told OC he could not be their majority shareholder. OC said that he would comply but didn't, Scudamore, without checking, assumed he had.

Now OC is desperately trying to blacken Belokon by saying he has lied to fans about having the Club's best interests at heart, whilst actually trying to sell the Club, Hotel and training ground to Belokon at a price that suits only OC.

It is an interesting story to follow, as is the rape of West Ham.

• 4 months later...