BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool/Oystons

Christ it must be bad if GB had to walk. He’s not half put up with some bullshit in his first two jobs.

His record at Blackpool was remarkable given the circumstances, and for all his faults, he certainly steadied us at the time and got us thinking about the actual football again.

Hopefully a non-basket case club is looking for a steady, decent and honourable bloke to take over in the near future - I’m sure he’d do alright.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Christ it must be bad if GB had to walk. He’s not half put up with some bullshit in his first two jobs.

His record at Blackpool was remarkable given the circumstances, and for all his faults, he certainly steadied us at the time and got us thinking about the actual football again.

Hopefully a non-basket case club is looking for a steady, decent and honourable bloke to take over in the near future - I’m sure he’d do alright.

He'd give it a right good go

• Like 5

He deserves a properly well run club now. Seen someone on twitter saying he was paying out of his own pocket to use the training ground, whether that's rubbish or not I'm unsure. He's not a bad guy GB, good luck to him.

10 minutes ago, Butty said:

He deserves a properly well run club now. Seen someone on twitter saying he was paying out of his own pocket to use the training ground, whether that's rubbish or not I'm unsure. He's not a bad guy GB, good luck to him.

Oh no it’s true he paid all summer

• Moderation Lead
51 minutes ago, Butty said:

Probably true. I remember hearing that the groundsmen had to pay for equipment out of their own pocket before. I could go on and on, but if you read up on the Oyston family it gets quite murky.

In any event, they are absolutely vile people and they deserve everything they get.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very strange timing. If GB was that disenchanted/worn out by it all that he felt he had to leave you'd expect him to do it at least a month before the season started rather than overseeing the first game then leaving.

Rev, you’ve absolutely no idea of the circumstances (and neither have I) but perhaps he was promised the money back for paying for the training by a certain date and it wasn’t forthcoming. Plausible enough?

Supposedly he had a meeting with Oyston today - being transfer deadline week, perhaps he was told nobody can be brought in or someone to be sold was the final straw?

I imagine the truth will leak out of that madhouse.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Supposedly he had a meeting with Oyston today - being transfer deadline week, perhaps he was told nobody can be brought in or someone to be sold was the final straw?

I DONT imagine the truth will leak out of that madhouse.

Fixed for you.

33 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Rev, you’ve absolutely no idea of the circumstances (and neither have I) but perhaps he was promised the money back for paying for the training by a certain date and it wasn’t forthcoming. Plausible enough?

Like you say bob, we Don't know and until any further info leaks out It's all pure speculation.

It still seems strange to me that despite all the crap which has obviously been going on in the background GB was prepared to lead the Club into the first game of the season yet just 48 hours later he obviously felt he had to leave the Club

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I imagine the truth will leak out of that madhouse.

Look at link I provide. Tell you everything

It's quite simple. If you had a one to one meeting with a perv what would you do? Personally speaking I would haul arse as quickly as humanly possible.

I feel for Blackpool fans, Oyston seems determined to hang on and see the Club die and the Latvian is of questionable background with more to emerge.  imo.

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It doesn’t say anything, just what we already know, I.e basket case, Bowyer paying for training faciltities etc.

They've no intel to why he finally walked yesterday.

I didnt Bowyer was paying for training facilities. 

I knew he was close to Sunderland job

After reading some articles on the Blackpool gazzette website that I suggest he left due to a player being sold and not being allow to invest in the squad

Edited by chaddyrovers