BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool/Oystons

48 minutes ago, bazza said:

Never thought I'd say this but thank goodness we're owned by Venkys and not Oystons.

There are those who will say the Oystons gave the club a new stadium (partly unfinished), now skint but not laden with huge debt.

Originally ok owners who fell to the allure of great riches and chose to nick most of it. 

The Oyston family could have been the toast of the Golden Mile for decades to come but are now despised and it can only end very badly for the Club.

Sad past words for the Fans.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bazza said:

Never thought I'd say this but thank goodness we're owned by Venkys and not Oystons.

I get you. It's along the lines of "I'm so glad I got kicked in the balls five times, instead of ten".

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I get you. It's along the lines of "I'm so glad I got kicked in the balls five times, instead of ten".

Seriously, they cocked it up big time in their naiveté. It took them a long time to learn. And, yes, they are totally arrogant and have never heard of the word "humility". But we are doing OK with little interference from them. But we must admit they are bankrolling us. So far so good since we got rid of Jerome Anderson and his cronies.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Hahaha..

Someone once told me that my bitterness only imprisoned me lol. Reconciliation? No chance....

If some of us Rovers fans are this bad, imagine how we would be if we had been say black South Africans...Venky's Out!!

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bazza said:

So far so good since we got rid of Jerome Anderson and his cronies.

Well, not really. Since Anderson left in an official capacity we sold all of our best players, stripped the squad bare of any talent, hired Owen Coyle and got relegated. Granted the last year and a bit have been alright and JA brought nothing positive to the club, but Venky's majorly screwed us over as recently as summer 2016 so we shouldn't get too carried away. I wouldn't put it past them to bring Kean back if Mowbray got the boot in the future. "He thinks well", said Desai... 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, DE. said:

Well, not really. Since Anderson left in an official capacity we sold all of our best players, stripped the squad bare of any talent, hired Owen Coyle and got relegated. Granted the last year and a bit have been alright and JA brought nothing positive to the club, but Venky's majorly screwed us over as recently as summer 2016 so we shouldn't get too carried away. I wouldn't put it past them to bring Kean back if Mowbray got the boot in the future. "He thinks well", said Desai... 

We also still have at least one SEM client in our first team.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ian Holloway: Asked if he’s had any contact from Owen Oyston, he said: “Not in a million years would he call me.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/ian-holloway-rules-himself-out-of-running-for-vacant-blackpool-manager-s-job-1-9289119

An out of work manager with a point to prove? Or a non-league manager who wants to make a name for himself. Having to pay football bills out of ones own pocket might put a few people off though!

That list of favourites for the job is sorry reading if you are a Blackpool fan. Like JH, the better ones with potential are not going to go anywhere near it. Appleton would have been a good shout but I think he would have learnt after coming here and he will probably get a shot somewhere better down the road anyway.

Have a sinking feeling it will be Coyle as he will do it on the cheap and lives close by. The Oystons dont give a flying fck anyway.

If Oyston is looking for another mass cost cutting or to drive a final nail in before they go then Coyle is the man to rubber stamp a relegation. If they go down this time they'll not come back, Bowyer worked a miracle there.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DE. said:

I agree. The Coyle thing-and after Warnock had the job- was such a shocking reminder that things were far from healthy at the club..

I was also alarmed at contracts for the likes of Wes Brown and Stokes...

12 hours ago, JacknOry said:

That list of favourites for the job is sorry reading if you are a Blackpool fan. Like JH, the better ones with potential are not going to go anywhere near it. Appleton would have been a good shout but I think he would have learnt after coming here and he will probably get a shot somewhere better down the road anyway.

Have a sinking feeling it will be Coyle as he will do it on the cheap and lives close by. The Oystons dont give a flying fck anyway.

And if by magic he is on SSN  tonight !!!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Coyle spotted at Bloomfield Road according to the Blackpool Gazette...

:lol:

He got Bumley promoted so he can’t be that bad. Give him a chance FFS!

Disclaimer: I actually feel really sorry for Blackpool fans. They don’t deserve any of this. Just imagine the standard of Blackpool player after half a season of table tennis and doughnuts.

A clown in Blackpool ?   He might finally find his spiritual home.

As for them it would certainly be the final nail once he takes them down then under the Oystons there's no coming back this time. The next Tranmere.

• Like 1