BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool/Oystons

What have they done to deserve Oystons and Coyle. If Blackpool fans ever wondered when they would reach absolute rock bottom, well this is it.

Whatever happens to Rovers now I'll be able to console myself that "there is always someone worse off than yourself"!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Bowyer did a great job both here and there, sure he was raw here but he steadied the ship and has since progressed.  

Agreed (had outlived his usefulness here though, we just didn't follow up on his dismissal well), just pointing out they seem to be making their way through our ex managers.

Normally a rival club hiring Coyle would be funny, as Burnley fans would agree. Blackpool however have been such a dastardly, calculated car crash it invokes genuine wishes against this happening.

I wonder if that Gordon guy still thinks the oystens are justified in taking all the money out the club and running it to the ground because they own it.

• Like 2

Let’s not be speaking ill of the departed (who are not here to defend themselves). Surely the point there is a cautionary one. Owners CAN do whatever they like with a club. The most famous example being Wimbledon who literally had their club taken away from them.

Btw, Lancashire County (as was settled on) is the most financially viable long term proposition in this area. Of course it would take a couple of generations for the OMDB types to be a minority but could you imagine if - like BwD is separate from LCC - there WAS a Lancashire County and we weren’t in it?

Even excluding Bumley (now that they have struck lucky and took our PL spot gifted to them by Venkys), a combination of Preston, Blackpool, Bolton, Bury, Wigan plus Stanley, Fleetwood, Southport, Morecambe, and Fylde could produce a very healthy catchment all within a 30 minute drive to a - probably centrally located - new ground in Leyland.

Once Bumley fall back down to earth, you could even have two Lancs clubs and still have reasonable catchments. Lancashire Coast (the Seasiders) consisting of Blackpool, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Fylde and Southport. Then County could be Bumley, Preston, Bolton, Bury, Wigan and Stanley. Wonder how our BwD Rovers would fare in a triumvirate Lancs Cup?

My preference would still be a North West League but I can see the commercial and financial merits of combining Lancashire clubs. It’s just that fans would rather their clubs were run on peanuts into the ground than accept such a proposition.

Just finished listening to the latest issue of the BBC Football Daily podcast. Interesting and spoilt only by featuring the Scottish moron who was obviously using it to get back in circulation now the season has started.

What a motormouth he has, quite stunning.

I am quite fond of Blackpool and for their fans sake hope they avoid this cockroache but fear he may get it to complete Oyston's vendetta.

I also wonder if another Scottish cockroache has applied as a way back into the English game.

NB: No offence intended to Scotland or Scots in general.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Let’s not be speaking ill of the departed (who are not here to defend themselves). Surely the point there is a cautionary one. Owners CAN do whatever they like with a club. The most famous example being Wimbledon who literally had their club taken away from them.

Btw, Lancashire County (as was settled on) is the most financially viable long term proposition in this area. Of course it would take a couple of generations for the OMDB types to be a minority but could you imagine if - like BwD is separate from LCC - there WAS a Lancashire County and we weren’t in it?

Even excluding Bumley (now that they have struck lucky and took our PL spot gifted to them by Venkys), a combination of Preston, Blackpool, Bolton, Bury, Wigan plus Stanley, Fleetwood, Southport, Morecambe, and Fylde could produce a very healthy catchment all within a 30 minute drive to a - probably centrally located - new ground in Leyland.

Once Bumley fall back down to earth, you could even have two Lancs clubs and still have reasonable catchments. Lancashire Coast (the Seasiders) consisting of Blackpool, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Fylde and Southport. Then County could be Bumley, Preston, Bolton, Bury, Wigan and Stanley. Wonder how our BwD Rovers would fare in a triumvirate Lancs Cup?

My preference would still be a North West League but I can see the commercial and financial merits of combining Lancashire clubs. It’s just that fans would rather their clubs were run on peanuts into the ground than accept such a proposition.

The strength of Lancashire (proper Lancashire) in being THE hotbed of the game in this country, with so many league clubs is also its weakness.

If the professional game was being established today and it was done on catchment areas etc, you simply wouldn't have all the Lanky towns getting licenses. We have lots of town clubs, full of heritage,  all attracting ok crowds, but with little chance to grow. Plus, a load of smaller league clubs too.

Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough on the other hand are the only league clubs in the whole north east of England stretching from the Scottish borders to Leeds.

A combined club for the Lancashire towns will never happen, of course, for a myirad of reasons, but it is in theory a great idea.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

I think for most people, and certainly for 100% of Rovers fans on this mb, it would be like giving up your identity. If Rovers were to ever fold nobody would dream of supporting Preston or Blackpool, and of course not Bumley. Possibly Stanley may see an uptake but there would be more chance of a startup “AFC Rovers” than a more holistic Lancashire side. Which simply highlights the folly of it all.

Lancashire has grown up as a county of rival towns rather than any united front. We tolerate each other of course but could you imagine even Darwen becoming part of the Blackburn boundary rather than having its own identity? And that’s just a housing estate in the road to Bolton!! We have the situation we deserve because of parochial thinking. People call it heritage but really it’s just holding us back and keeping us as ‘small towns’.

Strange though that it can be done with cricket. Although it could be argued based on location that it is more of a Greater Manchester CC with wider based folk just making it a day or evening trip.

Just now, Stuart said:

I think for most people, and certainly for 100% of Rovers fans on this mb, it would be like giving up your identity. If Rovers were to ever fold nobody would dream of supporting Preston or Blackpool, and of course not Bumley. Possibly Stanley may see an uptake but there would be more chance of a startup “AFC Rovers” than a more holistic Lancashire side. Which simply highlights the folly of it all.

Lancashire has grown up as a county of rival towns rather than any united front. We tolerate each other of course but could you imagine even Darwen becoming part of the Blackburn boundary rather than having its own identity? And that’s just a housing estate in the road to Bolton!! We have the situation we deserve because of parochial thinking. People call it heritage but really it’s just holding us back and keeping us as ‘small towns’.

Strange though that it can be done with cricket. Although it could be argued based on location that it is more of a Greater Manchester CC with wider based folk just making it a day or evening trip.

The establishment of those nonsense areas like 'Merseyside' and Greater Manchester' haven't helped Lanky solidarity, unlike Yorkshire that kept most of its boundaries and identity intact.

Fully agree. These places were created for “administrative purposes” but nobody seems to want to talk about it. I know Bolton folk who very much see themselves as Lancastrians but the Manchester based broadcast media and Liverpool print media will happily give these places an identity that centres around them so they can given them that ‘wider local’ identity and ultimately make money out of them.

We are the paupers on that front which is just how they like it.

For anyone interested....

http://www.forl.co.uk

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

This kind of idiotic comment makes me wonder about some fans. “We need to be positive”.

Being positive about this apppointment is basically being grateful to someone for @#/? in your garden because it’ll fertilise your rose bush. And you don’t even have a rose bush! :rolleyes: 

0FA1FB22-73FE-4298-82FE-6BA89AB8D016.jpeg

• Like 1

If Blackpool's owners really want to stick it to the fans, they'll hire Coyle. He is a poor manager. He's lost more than he's won at every club since Burnley. How can people defend him with the "he got Burnley promoted" line? It happened 10 years ago.

Edited by speeeeeeedie
bad formatting.

I've heard of this lot past & present & associates ...

Sports

Entertainment

MEDIA

I wonder if Owens remembered whether he has or not yet ?

Would certainly help him get numerous airtime slots whenever he's looking for a job or about to get sacked, by mutual agreement of course....

• Like 1