BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool/Oystons

12 hours ago, Skiptonrover said:

I think there'll ride it out as there did with the BHS & all that got hushed up eventually. Not a marriage made in heaven but somehow it works in a weird perverse way don't see much changing not longterm.

Sounds like Venkys, SEM/Kentaro, Cressendo, Anderson, Kean etc and Blackburn Rovers really.

Hush hush :huh:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Nothing really? See my 1st post on the subject "not a marriage made in heaven" struggling to fathom out why you can't see the correlation.

You said in your first post:-

"Not a marriage made in heaven but somehow it works in a weird perverse way"

I'm struggling to see why you can't explain what 'works' in the 'marriage' between Oystons and Blackpool? It's a simple question based on what you typed less than 24 hours ago.

Edited by blueboy3333

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You said in your first post:-

"Not a marriage made in heaven but somehow it works in a weird perverse way"

I'm struggling to see why you can't explain what 'works' in the 'marriage' between Oystons and Blackpool? It's a simple question based on what you typed less than 24 hours ago.

You won't trip me up mate I can back up what I say - It works as the oystons still own the club & I'd say the majority don't like the oyston family but despite that, the club does still exist & continues to run albeit in a abnormal fashion. It works.

11 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

You won't trip me up mate I can back up what I say - It works as the oystons still own the club & I'd say the majority don't like the oyston family but despite that, the club does still exist & continues to run albeit in a abnormal fashion. It works.

I guess it works, if a trip from the premier league to league two and then back to league one again inside 8 seasons, is success. From what the courts  verdict is, Oystons appear to have asset stripped BFC, which contributed to their demise. I guess it is the same as Venkys and Rovers, that works too. The fact that we have gone from the premier league to league one and are over £100 million in debt, suggest otherwise, so I guess it is what people consider the term " I guess it works " means.

16 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

So because the Oystons still own the club and the club runs in an abnormal fashion (to put it mildly) it 'works'. Can't argue with that logic. We'll ignore the court cases, the sued fans, the 3 relegations, the siphoning off of £27m of the clubs money by the owners, the High Court ruling, the crowds of 2k, the 'Oyston Out' number plate one of the Oystons had fitted to goad the fans.

It's like saying Venky's 'work', and they haven't sunk to the levels the Oystons have.

All Oystons have done at Blackpool is freeze out the agents and didn't wheel and deal in big money big contract players and kept the profits themselves whereas at Rovers a myriad of people have taken the money generated by tv income and big contract/fee wheeler dealing.

About time those here are brought to book, if Oystons followed a similar path to the happenings here they'd probably have got away with it by having 3rd parties bleed the money out but it would have cost them commission of course.

Rovers has been stitched up good and proper by a set of thieves who clearly knew what they were doing and a bunch of idiots who didn't.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, Skiptonrover said:

Don't wish to comment on anything that cld be construed as libel, I could say things in mitigation not on a public forum. I'm sorry. Last post on this thread there's no questions to answer, in response to irac should have quoted.

You're on the wind-up pal as you always are, and then when you get questioned you shut down and say 'last post'. But, yeah, 'libel' :lol:

Just now, tomphil said:

All Oystons have done at Blackpool is freeze out the agents and didn't wheel and deal in big money big contract players and kept the profits themselves

'All'. They've siphoned off the club's money and sued the fans who said as much. Hardly the same as what has gone on at Ewood.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

'All'. They've siphoned off the club's money and sued the fans who said as much. Hardly the same as what has gone on at Ewood.

Read the whole post i'm clearly pointing to how 'they' have gone about their scam compared to Rovers.

Just now, tomphil said:

Read the whole post i'm clearly pointing to how 'they' have gone about their scam compared to Rovers.

I read it. You are saying their (O's) mistake was to take money out of the club themselves rather than get third parties to take it out? So you're saying essentially that Venky's bought the club and have incurred significant losses in order to enrich 3rd parties like JA?

48 minutes ago, tomphil said:

All Oystons have done at Blackpool is freeze out the agents and didn't wheel and deal in big money big contract players and kept the profits themselves whereas at Rovers a myriad of people have taken the money generated by tv income and big contract/fee wheeler dealing.

About time those here are brought to book, if Oystons followed a similar path to the happenings here they'd probably have got away with it by having 3rd parties bleed the money out but it would have cost them commission of course.

Rovers has been stitched up good and proper by a set of thieves who clearly knew what they were doing and a bunch of idiots who didn't.

Oyston's big mistake was not being a FA business partner, has we have seen that buys you a lot of space under the carpet at FA , PL and EFL HQ's. although he has done quite well so far with the lack of attention from the above. 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

I read it. You are saying their (O's) mistake was to take money out of the club themselves rather than get third parties to take it out? So you're saying essentially that Venky's bought the club and have incurred significant losses in order to enrich 3rd parties like JA?

Yes correct that's  what I'm saying ,...... about the Oystons.

You added the other bit yourself but bottom line is if they'd used agents it would have cost them but they'd have got away with a huge wad and been able to put it down to bad advice.

Besides that doesn't it strike you that the Vs don't particularly care that huge amounts have gone into Anderson and co's pockets ?

Either that or they couldn't/can't do anythjng sbout it ;)

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The opportunity is there now, to jump all over this. If a few clubs, who have been fleeced by dodgy owners, get together and make enough noise the powers that be will be to act. Fans United, is a good starting point.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes correct that's  what I'm saying ,...... about the Oystons.

You added the other bit yourself but bottom line is if they'd used agents it would have cost them but they'd have got away with a huge wad and been able to put it down to bad advice.

Besides that doesn't it strike you that the Vs don't particularly care that huge amounts have gone into Anderson and co's pockets ?

Either that or they couldn't/can't do anythjng sbout it ;)

That's exactly what I have been saying for a while. What causes Venkys to keep going back to them, time after time, for more bad advice?

10 minutes ago, lraC said:

That's exactly what I have been saying for a while. What causes Venkys to keep going back to them, time after time, for more bad advice?

Either a contract, unofficial shareholders or covering up it always comes back to one or all of those.

In any line of business or even friendship you only listen to bad advice once, twice if your generous but 3 strikes and your out. If it's costing tens of millions per year you'd be suing your own mother never mind a friend like 'one of the family'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Either a contract, unofficial shareholders or covering up it always comes back to one or all of those.

In any line of business or even friendship you only listen to bad advice once, twice if your generous but 3 strikes and your out. If it's costing tens of millions per year you'd be suing your own mother never mind a friend like 'one of the family'.

Absolutely and I bet Valeri Belokon, doesn't invest in any more Companies with any Oyston connection. Once you have had your fingers burnt, you stay clear, but these lot keep going back for more.

7 minutes ago, lraC said:

Absolutely and I bet Valeri Belokon, doesn't invest in any more Companies with any Oyston connection. Once you have had your fingers burnt, you stay clear, but these lot keep going back for more.

Yep Belokon got burnt after he'd spent his money funding a promotion drive only for them to then give it him back and cream all the profits themselves at the expense of the prosperity of the club.

Think he realised pretty soon he'd got in bed with snakes but his money was tied up although he turned off his taps and has been on the fans side ever since.

From the outside looking in it seems 3rd parties here have used Venky money to fund the continuing dismantling of the playing side of the club and diverting as much as possible into their own pockets.

Personally I think it goes deeper than that certainly where Barry conman and his cronies are concerned.

Edited by tomphil

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yep Belokon got burnt after he'd spent his money funding a promotion drive only for them to then give it him back and cream all the profits themselves at the expense of the prosperity of the club.

Think he realised pretty soon he'd got in bed with snakes but his money was tied up although he turned off his taps and has been on the fans side ever since.

From the outside looking in it seems 3rd parties here have used Venky money to fund the continuing dismantling of the playing side of the club and diverting as much as possible into their own pockets.

Personally I think it goes deeper than that certainly where Barry conman and his cronies are concerned.

It  is hard to say exactly what has gone on, but if Venkys genuinely thought they were the victims of bad advice, there is just no way, they would keep going back to these same people. I look back and think of how Myles Anderson, for example was given a premier league contract and ask myself, did Venkys get stung here, by paying him big wages and his agent a big finders fee, or were they aware of it all? That's only one small example, but given who it is, then it is a  significant example of outright neglect at best, or corruption even. The first thing Owen Coyle did was deny any connection with these agents and their people, which I was all now know was just a smoke screen. So did Venkys allow Coyle's, appointment or are these agents, still in a position of influence at the club and therefore Venkys had no real control over the situation?

• Like 1