BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jim White on Talksport

Not really.

It started with an short interview with Battersby, who said the usual: Attempted to talk about being involved at the club, heard nothing back from Venkys, they aren't willing to sell etc.

And then Jim White was basically saying he tried to contact the owners but got nothing but a wall of silence.

The other 2 blokes on the show basically said, sooner or later a big club (yes they meant us) will go the wall and we must be right near breaking point. The ownership rules should extend beyond the initial purchase and should be monitored throughout.

White trying to figure out why Venkys are still here, or were even here in the first place and reiterated his desire to speak to the owners. He did actually mention Venkys sole representative here in the UK, he didn't name names but you can only assume he meant Sulhail.

Says he will try and get comments from him.

There was a phone in after but work got in the way so I missed most of it, caught the end of a Rovers fan saying Venkys should sell up if they aren't prepared to invest to turn it around, which everyone agreed but it was noted our debt was so huge, it's probably not viable for anyone to take on if Venkys were willing sellers.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Not really.

It started with an short interview with Battersby, who said the usual: Attempted to talk about being involved at the club, heard nothing back from Venkys, they aren't willing to sell etc.

And then Jim White was basically saying he tried to contact the owners but got nothing but a wall of silence.

The other 2 blokes on the show basically said, sooner or later a big club (yes they meant us) will go the wall and we must be right near breaking point. The ownership rules should extend beyond the initial purchase and should be monitored throughout.

White trying to figure out why Venkys are still here, or were even here in the first place and reiterated his desire to speak to the owners. He did actually mention Venkys sole representative here in the UK, he didn't name names but you can only assume he meant Sulhail.

Says he will try and get comments from him.

There was a phone in after but work got in the way so I missed most of it, caught the end of a Rovers fan saying Venkys should sell up if they aren't prepared to invest to turn it around, which everyone agreed but it was noted our debt was so huge, it's probably not viable for anyone to take on if Venkys were willing sellers.

...and that's the real problem. Nobody no matter how rich they are (unless they are insane) will agree to pay off their entire debt. They might be willing to pay off a percentage of it but certainly nowhere near the whole amount. Of course the logical thing for Venkys would do would be to cut their losses (though obviously that leads to fears over Brockhall, etc which would probably be their main asset due to location) or at least let someone who knows what they are doing control operations. I can't see them doing the latter and they haven't shown enough logic to do the former. So unless they get up to the EPL on a fluke (the Oystons did though believe me I'm not expecting a repeat here) anytime soon there's no real financial gain for them. Not that I can see anyway unless you think money laundering Rovers Return lottery proceeds and the concession sales are worth it. 

Balaji is the main issue we have heard enough to believe he's the one with the real interest for what that's worth. The problem is if Balaji dropped dead tomorrow would "Madame" and third wheel be so willing to write off that whole debt even if they were more open to a sale? That's what those who think a takeover is straightforward can't seem to comprehend. Its funny really because people thought nobody would want to buy the club in PL yet think it will be easy now. I knew it would be so much harder stagnating in the Championship with the trustees to find a buyer never mind in this state.

If what we hear about their wealth is true then yes they could write it off and just get rid of the continued annual losses by flogging it but is seems to suit them the way it is or their accounting process at least. They might see lot's of money going into 3rd party pockets as a necessary evil in doing whatever it is they do with the club.

All depends where the funds actually come from though and if they are coming mostly from debt then that might fall liable if they sell the club so they are stuck with it or risk losing whatever it is secured against unless someone from cuckooland gives them 120 million for it all.

Archived