BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Podcast - Episode 86 - Houses in Croatia are quite small

The latest BRFCS podcast is now available for your aural pleasure..!

The pod squad of Mike Delap, new foreign signing Phil Tomlinson, Michael Taylor & host Ian Herbert catch up on events both on & off the field at Ewood Park over recent weeks & try to blag a free holiday only to be rebuffed ever so politely.

Hope you enjoy, please leave us a review/rating in the iTunes store - it helps to make it all worthwhile.

http://brfcs-podcast.brfcs.com/?name=2017-11-08_podcast_86.mp3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Phil T said:

Thanks for having me on, guys. Was good fun, although I daren't listen back to it!

You seemed nonplussed with Mowbray. I remember you calling me 'rotten' for having similar sentiments earlier in the season. 'Cowards football' I think was the phrase that upset you. It seemed none of the panel were keen, just that you didn't trust the Venky's to get anyone better. A damning indictment of both Mowbray and Venky's really.

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A good listen. Thanks to all involved.

Comparing Abramovich with the Venkys though was a tall stretch.

The point I was (clumsily ?) making was that if a team is winning on the pitch consistently, do the fans (any fans ?) give a tinker’s about hearing from the owners ? 

19 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

The point I was (clumsily ?) making was that if a team is winning on the pitch consistently, do the fans (any fans ?) give a tinker’s about hearing from the owners ? 

I understood the point being made and I don't think it was you who mentioned a couple of times that Abramovich doesn't talk, comparing that to the Venkys, but failing to state that Chelsea have a proper Club structure and probably an appointed spokesperson for every department plus their own TV station etc so information on the club is always up to date and available.

We on the other hand have nobody plus, to make matters worse, the LT.

Thoroughly enjoyed the podcast though!

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

You seemed nonplussed with Mowbray. I remember you calling me 'rotten' for having similar sentiments earlier in the season. 'Cowards football' I think was the phrase that upset you. It seemed none of the panel were keen, just that you didn't trust the Venky's to get anyone better. A damning indictment of both Mowbray and Venky's really.

I didn't call you rotten for having similar sentiments. I called you rotten because you branded Mowbray a 'coward', which I thought was uncalled for, but let's draw a line under it.

As much as I'm nonplussed by Mowbray, I think our best hope this season is that we start to settle and click. We all know by now how the majority of Venkys managerial appointments have gone, and I don't think the club should go through another anytime soon (unless results nosedive). Mowbray is far from a disaster so far, but nor has he met expectations yet. That's probably more than can be said of past appointments, mind.

This is more or less Mowbray's team now, and all things considered, I think we should let him live or die by his own sword. He really needs to know his best first XI and roll with it. He hasn't done that yet, and there are players such as Nuttall that are coming to the fore. I worry about further tinkering, but I think that's the least of the club's worries.

3 hours ago, Phil T said:

Blimey what a load of nonsense about the Trust.

When did the Trust ever harass Cheston?

I happened to attend at the last two meetings and the challenges came from groups other than The Rovers Trust. I also thought Cheston's refusal to answer straight questions deserved and required challenging.

Pasha's presence and role at the club "not important?"  I think many fans will disagree, especially in the context of Coyle's appointment and the implications of that appointment i.e. agent involvement...

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:07, blueboy3333 said:

You might want to listen to this podcast @mhead. The Trust gets a bit of a hammering.

Vanilla Ice Ice baby.

Well if anyone can point to a badly run Club that gets promoted then I may take your taunts seriously. Did anyone find that Cheston's answers were NOT embarrassing?

Just now, mhead said:

Well if anyone can point to a badly run Club that gets promoted then I may take your taunts seriously. Did anyone find that Cheston's answers were NOT embarrassing?

Taunts? Just responding in a similar vein  to your childish comments about a podcast.

Badly run clubs that get promoted? Try Blackpool and Bolton for starters both in the last 12 months and both  arguably run far worse than ours.  I'm surprised you're unaware of this.

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

Taunts? Just responding in a similar vein  to your childish comments about a podcast.

Badly run clubs that get promoted? Try Blackpool and Bolton for starters both in the last 12 months and both  arguably run far worse than ours.  I'm surprised you're unaware of this.

That's ok then..

Just now, mhead said:

I thought the Alan Myers podcast let him off the hook and was bland. This one is just wrong and defies gravity....7 years of incompetent 'management' and spiral of decline.

But you accept you can get promoted with badly run clubs?

Cheston's just a lackey as far as I can see.

Just now, mhead said:

I am doubting 'how far you can see'. Sorry. Any points we made at the Consultation meeting were actually about leaving a pseudo-Director as the sole UK representative of the Club.

Don't be sorry. If you didn't realise Bolton and Blackpool had got promoted in the last 12 months and that they were badly run I'm not sure you're in the right role. That is basics.

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

You speak like the club is in safe hands and the team is just going through a sticky patch.

Trust nonsense? Cheston said in the last consultation meeting that the Coyle appointment/consequences had been dealt with. When? By who? To what end?

Some Indian? Pasha not important? Garbage. Pasha is the most senior person on the payroll.

2 relegations.

£100m+ debt piled up.

15,000 fans lost.

After 7 years of decline under Venkys, this club has yet to turn the corner.

We were shit in the 70's though.

Archived