BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel named New England manager

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Southgate sacked already? 

:P

Well it is a revolution.

Best wishes to Brad. The biggest disappointment of Ince was losing Brad. He's almost certainly still better than anybody we have had since.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Big Brad takes his first job in senior management 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41934891

Good luck to him, one of the few players who would have got in my all-time favourite Rovers team of 1962-5.

Also good of the BBC headline writer to call him "ex-Blackburn" goalkeeper when Liverpool or Spurs might have grabbed more online eyeballs 

• Backroom
5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Good luck to him, one of the few players who would have got in my all-time favourite Rovers team of 1962-5.

Also good of the BBC headline writer to call him "ex-Blackburn" goalkeeper when Liverpool or Spurs might have grabbed more online eyeballs 

While I agree, it doesn't half inadvertently rub salt in our wounds too ?

15 hours ago, Baz said:

Well it is a revolution.

Best wishes to Brad. The biggest disappointment of Ince was losing Brad. He's almost certainly still better than anybody we have had since.

Agree with this. Could never see the logic in Ince's decision here. Wouldn't have mattered who he signed, could never have been an improvement on Brad.

Williams must have heard alarm bells ringing out "What have I done?"

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Agree with this. Could never see the logic in Ince's decision here. Wouldn't have mattered who he signed, could never have been an improvement on Brad.

Williams must have heard alarm bells ringing out "What have I done?"

I'm not defending that clown Ince here at all, but I always thought Brad forced the issue of a move to Villa rather than it being a Rovers decision? And while he was virtually irreplaceable, we did sign the England goalkeeper to replace him. There were lots of reasons to castigate Ince but I'm not convinced this was one of them.

26 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I'm not defending that clown Ince here at all, but I always thought Brad forced the issue of a move to Villa rather than it being a Rovers decision? And while he was virtually irreplaceable, we did sign the England goalkeeper to replace him. There were lots of reasons to castigate Ince but I'm not convinced this was one of them.

That's pretty much how I remember it too Andy. There were also rumours of some investments in the States going awry of which one was a soccer school. The then Villa chairman was reportedly looking to bail him out if he signed for them. He remains the best keeper I have seen for us but the way he left tarnished his legend status to me.

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

That's pretty much how I remember it too Andy. There were also rumours of some investments in the States going awry of which one was a soccer school. The then Villa chairman was reportedly looking to bail him out if he signed for them. He remains the best keeper I have seen for us but the way he left tarnished his legend status to me.

Yeah, I too remember some sort of academy he was running in America had bankrupted poor Brad pretty much so he went to villa too sweeten the old finances. What an absolute legend, best Rovers keeper of my lifetime. 

Archived