BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brockhall training Complex-ACV Declined

Ozz

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So club argue that training facilities could be provided elsewhere ?  You can just see what the long term thinking is behind this and I've said all along there will come a day where fixed assets need to be borrowed against or sold just to keep the club going.

Thanks to the trust for trying. 

This is very worrying I have to say.Slumping down the leagues,attendances getting lower and lower.Our training facilities, academy and stadium are the only things separating us from most other league 1 and 2 teams.Our facilities are a major factor in us being able to attract players to the club.When we start training in pleasy we will struggle to attract and recruit the renford rejects

Cheston said something in the fans meeting along the lines of the club would only ever leave Brockhall if there was a 'better' facility lined up and ready to move into. Now the club has been arguing against ACV status on the grounds that the facilities could be provided elsewhere. 

Seems like the prospect of an alternate training facility is one that is in the minds of the people at the top of the club even if no work has actually been done to deliver it. 

One of the few remnants of Jack Walker's legacy yet to be demolished by these cretins so expect them to get to work on it before long.

A few years at this level and even some Rovers fans will accept the self-pity line of 'we simply can't afford such a facility in our position'. I suspect that's precisely what 'they' are hoping people will believe so smooth the process. They'll have plans to convert Blacksnape into a combined senior/academy facility and flog the current one.

Read some very disturbing stuff about Venus and alleged land and player dealings on a Coventry forum a while back way before he pitched up here. Another dual agent like shadow man maybe out to make themselves a few quid ?

Just another huge red waving flag showing the club will never ever prosper under this ownership and the connections they use to supply most players and staff. I've no doubt there are still vultures positioning themselves to pick off what's left of this carcass once it falls again. Either with Punes blessing or operating in the void created by it's ignorance and neglect.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

By far the most depressing development for Rovers in a very depressing year.

Venky's are not going to use expensive lawyers to kill this initiative without an intention regardless of what was said in Court.

I feel the same. Depressing indeed.

I expect the "Club/Twxts in Pune" to object when the ACV on Ewood comes due.

Lets suppose the expected happens. We fail to get promoted this season (on the basis of the displays so far that is more than likely unless things drastically improve). Venkys seek to recoup some money having been persuaded to spend a little last summer with a view to bouncing back up at the first attempt. I expect we're talking 8 figure annual losses again this year with no major sales and reduced income due to relegation.

Expect to see the sales begin. Venkys won't sell and won't be pouring money in every year until we go back up.

This is why promotion is essential this season and why Mowbray has to be under intense scrutiny and pressure throughout. This isn't a situation where we can shrug our shoulders and say 'oh well, lets try again next year' if we miss out. Just leaving him to it for the year and hoping he pulls it off could end in disaster. Talk of a building job and long term plan is all well and good if you have owners and a club set up to put that into place, but we don't. All it takes is for Balaji/Mrs Desai or one of their underlings to want to tighten the belt next year and the whole house of cards comes crashing down. They will sell anyone at a moments notice to raise some quick cash (Tom Cairney). When that starts it doesn't matter who the manager is as he won't be able to put a proper side together and won't have final say on departures.

I suspect its inevitable that if we remain at this level or sink further that attentions will turn to Brockhall. I suspect the club will approach it with a two-pronged attack. First will be the sob stories about how hard up financially we are and how it is impossible to maintain such a state of the art facility when plodding around in the 3rd tier. Cheston will be on hand with a slideshow explaining how much it costs to run and comparing us to rivals and how much they spend on training facilities. The second approach will be an attempt to convince people that a move to an alternate venue will be an improvement on the existing site. No doubt the main point there will be that they will unite the academy and senior sites into one.

Just now, JHRover said:

Lets suppose the expected happens. We fail to get promoted this season (on the basis of the displays so far that is more than likely unless things drastically improve). Venkys seek to recoup some money having been persuaded to spend a little last summer with a view to bouncing back up at the first attempt. I expect we're talking 8 figure annual losses again this year with no major sales and reduced income due to relegation.

Expect to see the sales begin. Venkys won't sell and won't be pouring money in every year until we go back up.

This is why promotion is essential this season and why Mowbray has to be under intense scrutiny and pressure throughout. This isn't a situation where we can shrug our shoulders and say 'oh well, lets try again next year' if we miss out. Just leaving him to it for the year and hoping he pulls it off could end in disaster. Talk of a building job and long term plan is all well and good if you have owners and a club set up to put that into place, but we don't. All it takes is for Balaji/Mrs Desai or one of their underlings to want to tighten the belt next year and the whole house of cards comes crashing down. They will sell anyone at a moments notice to raise some quick cash (Tom Cairney). When that starts it doesn't matter who the manager is as he won't be able to put a proper side together and won't have final say on departures.

I suspect its inevitable that if we remain at this level or sink further that attentions will turn to Brockhall. I suspect the club will approach it with a two-pronged attack. First will be the sob stories about how hard up financially we are and how it is impossible to maintain such a state of the art facility when plodding around in the 3rd tier. Cheston will be on hand with a slideshow explaining how much it costs to run and comparing us to rivals and how much they spend on training facilities. The second approach will be an attempt to convince people that a move to an alternate venue will be an improvement on the existing site. No doubt the main point there will be that they will unite the academy and senior sites into one.

I don't even think they'll sell if we don't go up. I suspect it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to them whether we're a League One club or a Championship club. Unless your in the Premier League there is no financial benefit. With the money thats being spent in the Championship now we would really struggle to compete. 

For me they don't leave until either: 

1) Life is so hard for anyone they put on the ground here that it becomes impossible.

2) The main company is hit financially.

Otherwise it will be a continuation down the leagues.

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don't even think they'll sell if we don't go up. I suspect it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to them whether we're a League One club or a Championship club. Unless your in the Premier League there is no financial benefit. With the money thats being spent in the Championship now we would really struggle to compete. 

1) Life is so hard for anyone they put on the ground here that it becomes impossible.

How do you make life hard for people on the ground though?  

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I said a while back that in some ways it is 'easier' for them to own us in League One than the Championship. I'm not suggesting that they want us to be in League One, or that they deliberately put us here or will deliberately keep us here, as I find those theories too far fetched, but I don't believe there is much incentive, to them getting us back to the Championship, unless they really do have serious ambitions of getting back to the Premier League.

If the aim is to get out of this league and then exist as a selling club in the Championship without investment then as you say, there's no point to Venkys of doing that.

As we saw last summer, a spend of £1 million in this league makes you the rich boys and promotion favourites, makes the fans happy and enables you to outspend everyone else in this league. Venkys signed up to £5 million a year spend in the Premier League when they bought the club so £1 million on new players falls within the budget and also kept grief to the minimum for a few months.

Contrast to the Championship where Wolves have been spending £15 million on one player, Sheffield Wednesday have been throwing money around, Derby too. Middlesbrough £50 million. Its a bit more expensive to compete in that league where wages are going through the roof and other foreign owners are arriving and competing to go up.

Likewise there is less scrutiny in League One, less media involvement, its easier to operate the club with the skeleton structure they've always desired, the wage bill can be brought down to much lower levels whilst still putting out a competitive side in the league.

Its become very expensive to maintain a competitive side in the Championship, not so in League One.

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Look at what Blackpool have done to the Oystons.

Difficult though because the Oystons are based locally and have their business interests in Lancashire. Worth remembering that it wasn't the actions of the supporters which got them to put the club up for sale, infact reading what I have about the Oystons it might have made it less likely. It was the litigation brought about by a millionaire shareholder and the Oyston's antics in taking money out which came back to bite them.

This mob at Rovers have managed to go through the best part of £250-300 million in losses/parachute cash/player sales in the space of 6 years and all they have to show for it are 2 relegations.

Archived