BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of Friday there were 200-300 remaining in the East stand, which need to be sold before the West stand tickets go on sale.

The West stand holds 2,000 fans, so on that basis I'd estimate around 1,500 of the 3,700 had been shifted as of Friday.

It's all boxed for now, I got the ticket via website then a email off a lady/man Mel gillbrown saying the tickets were left at EP for me to collect, something to do with bury fc not issuing duplicate tickets in case they get lost in the post. I've rerouted now it's all sorted as I said I would have picked up at the Walsall game for the price of stamp etc recorded, I won't be driving 50miles roughly to collect. In fairness I could have collected at bury the option was available not knowing the ground I prefer to go straight in.

11 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

01254 372000 No charge for debit cards, no charge for post, next day delivery.

That is usually correct, however for this game if you order the tickets via the phone they give you the option of collection from Ewood/Bury or to pay £1.70 for recorded delivery as Bury won't offer duplicates.

For me, we have to put 2 or 3 goals on Bury, bottom of the league conceding 1.6 goals a game, scoring over 1 goal a game. 

I really think the lads will come out and put in a good performance and get a good result giving us a spring board for a busy few weeks. It would be amazing to get 3,500 for this. I simply can't justify £90 on a train ticket. 

4-1 Rovers- Don't care who scores 

Credible performance from Bury at Gillingham I've read and with our usual sluggish post Int break performance a given these days this could be Oldham all over again. Instead of talking up the oppo and putting the fear of god into our team I hope TM decides to fire them up, threaten them with the sack or whatever and go out on the front foot and get after them from the off not the last 20 mins.

A repeat of Rochdale would be nice.

Indeed lots of similarities to the Oldham game. Local fixture, bumper away following, most expecting a win, home side struggling at the wrong end under caretaker management, a free weekend just passed, everything points to 3 points but we Rovers fans know better.

There can really be no excuse for a repeat performance or result as at Oldham. Its never going to be easy but 3 points are absolutely essential and it would be nice if it could be achieved in some sort of impressive/convincing manner. I'm not asking for a 5-0 thrashing and swashbuckling performance but something similar to the Rochdale win would settle some nerves.

Bury played on Saturday and had a long trip to fellow strugglers Gillingham. They also have a cup replay against Woking tomorrow night. 3 wins in 19 games for the Shakers not including the League Trophy. We've had 2 weeks rest to prepare for this one. No excuses.

2 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

It would be amazing to get 3,500 for this. I simply can't justify £90 on a train ticket. 

90 quid?  Don't blame you, but you must be travelling quite a way.

By the way of nothing in particular, is everyone's favourite (Chris Brown) at Bury these days?

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It would be great to start building some momentum. Be nice to be in or around automatic after Xmas. With Lenihan and Chapman to come back in, they would be like 2 new signings. 

I could be wrong but I reckon the clocks will be being put forward before we see Chapman back to full fitness.

Going to the bottom side we need to go in all guns blazing from the off with an attacking line up and try to come away with a three or four goal victory which would set the standard to aim for and put a marker down to the rest of the division that we arent to be written off just yet. 

If TM goes into this aiming to stay in the game until half time and maybe nick a winner late on, we might as well give up now.

Completely agree with the above.

Time for excuses is over now, no more international breaks until March and the games come thick and fast now.

A string of back to back wins needs to happen through November and into December, it won't because we are too cautious, but if we keep stuttering along, winning one, drawing an few and losing one then we'll be out of sight for the play offs by new year never mind the top two.

Blackburn Roverseas is back after international week, previewing the upcoming away game at Bury. 

Remember you get to see these videos first through BRFCS, but if you enjoy them make sure you subscribe and like on his YouTube channel.

'Cass The Cat' has also predicted a Rovers win, so thats nailed on.

23 hours ago, Neil Weaver said:

90 quid?  Don't blame you, but you must be travelling quite a way.

By the way of nothing in particular, is everyone's favourite (Chris Brown) at Bury these days?

Up from London, then you have to include food, tickets and beers. You are then looking at anything from £150 to £200 to go watch a league 1 game... 

Archived