Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

Anyone know if you can pay on the day?

Not sure mate, I rang ticket office yesterday and paid over the phone and arranged to pick my tickets up at Bury. Literally took a minute and it was done so you may as well just do it that way :) 

5 hours ago, Butty said:

Not sure mate, I rang ticket office yesterday and paid over the phone and arranged to pick my tickets up at Bury. Literally took a minute and it was done so you may as well just do it that way :) 

Thanks a lot - but I'm afraid I am being extremely stubborn these days and won't even buy tickets for away matches from Rovers in case the Vs get a percentage. I'll only go if it's pay on the day. 

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

Good luck with doing that from London at four days notice when United are also at home.

You can bunk the train dead easy,used to be part of the fun,getting past the conductors on platform at uston was hardest part.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah me too I'm afraid. I can't understand  why Chaddy has got Dack out wide on the left. You might as well play Ward out there.

If he were a manager he'd put Mowbray to shame with his tinkering.  When will people realise once you've got a winning team you leave it be unless changes are forced or they start stringing 3 crap games together.

Football, an easy game made over complicated by 'experts'

Just now, ruggles1995 said:

My local non league side Woking just played bury away in the fa cup replay tonight and beat them 3-0. These could be new lows if we don’t beat them Saturday. 

I was just about to post the result. Anything but a win on Saturday is nothing short of disgraceful - this lot are bottom of the league, managerless and have just been hammered at home by a National league side. I think we all know what will happen.....! 

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They'll be stung be that. If we go out with the same attitude as the game at Oldham we'll get a similar result.

The attitude will be key on Saturday. If we turned up like Billy Big Time and start the ridiculously slow passing game we will play into their hands. Controlled aggression combined with intensity will be so important.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bury 0 Woking 3 last night in the FA Cup tells you all you need to know about our attitude to Saturday's game irrespecrive of whether they did or didnt rest players for the Cup tie.

Bury made 1 change last night to their starting XI from the crunch relegation scrap at Gillingham on Saturday. So no - it was a full strength team last night and they were still thrashed and now only have 3 days to get over it, recover and prepare for Rovers on Saturday.

One less excuse for Rovers to fall back on.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

We are struggling with width at the moment. If I was Mowbray I'd be looking at bringing back Feeney in January to add to that department.

As it stands I'd go with:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham

Bennett Dack Hart

Nuttall

Suspect the only way Feeney will be back here is if Chapman/Harper return to their clubs and their wages are off the books. Something very odd indeed that we are loaning him out to play regularly at a side pushing for the Premier League, presumably still contributing a large amount towards his wages, whilst we make hard work of getting into the top 6 of the league below.

Just now, JHRover said:

Suspect the only way Feeney will be back here is if Chapman/Harper return to their clubs and their wages are off the books. Something very odd indeed that we are loaning him out to play regularly at a side pushing for the Premier League, presumably still contributing a large amount towards his wages, whilst we make hard work of getting into the top 6 of the league below.

I think that, at the start of the transfer window, if you said we'd be getting rid of Feeney/Steele and getting in the amount of players we did then we'd have snapped their hands off. Yet Feeney hasn't been adequately replaced and rather him being off the books paved the way for Harper, Hart & Downing on the final day. 

Downing has turned out to be a success, although you'd be hard pressed to do worse than Ward, and him being on loan means the opportunity for returns of Wharton & Lenihan are open. Hart hasn't featured much and I'm unsure whether he's a winger or a full back. I have to guess the first as he hasn't yet unseated calamitous Williams. Chapman's injury should mean we see more of him.

Harper is a strange one. A 17 year old lad that plays in a position where we've got: Smallwood, Whittingham & Evans and then our own (Tomlinson etc) to provide the youthful back up. I can't fathom this signing at all, unless he turns out to be a star later in the season.

I'd have liked to see another winger brought in before Harper. To me it seems like a "he's available, let's have him" kind of signing. Conway was never going to give us a full year and it left us relying on Bennett/Chapman as our wide players with a possible 50+ games to see through. If we can get Feeney back in Jan and not lose players we should do just that. It's poor management to start such a long season with 3 out and out wingers. It definitely points towards Mowbray wanting to play the 3 at the back system with wing backs which then adds the question of why he didn't sign a better centre half.

He's admitted himself that this transfer window was very much a "let's get bodies in" without much forethought but he's got it wrong in quite a few places of this squad. It lacks any real balance that a title winning team needs.

With Mowbrays sit off and see tactics it automatically lets opposition however limited get a foothold in the game and they grow in confidence. Should be the other way around and we should look to inflict on their pain not beware the wounded animal nonsense but put the animal out of it's misery instead, ruthless approach not passive.

Not sure we have enough of those types though.

47 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bury made 1 change last night to their starting XI from the crunch relegation scrap at Gillingham on Saturday. So no - it was a full strength team last night and they were still thrashed and now only have 3 days to get over it, recover and prepare for Rovers on Saturday.

One less excuse for Rovers to fall back on.

I don’t think we have any excuses for failing to beat Bury away, even before that defeat.

Looking forward to Saturday though, I think the atmosphere could be cracking with Rovers fans in each end!

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

With Mowbrays sit off and see tactics it automatically lets opposition however limited get a foothold in the game and they grow in confidence. Should be the other way around and we should look to inflict on their pain not beware the wounded animal nonsense but put the animal out of it's misery instead, ruthless approach not passive.

Not sure we have enough of those types though.

We are so easy to play against with the slow, pedantic passing game which invariably is in our own half. Teams just get men behind the ball and allow us to pass sideways or in small triangles. It really is frustrating particularly in light of Mowbrays eighty goals to get promoted prophecy. Unless he gets more pace into the passing, more running the channels and wide players in behind we will struggle to beat (on paper) inferior teams. He needs to take the handbrake off but I don't for one minute believe he will.

Bury are being absolutely slated by their fans on the local rag after the Woking cup result, and the Chairman has even put an apology on the cub website this morning, saying it was unacceptable and a response by the players is needed.

Surely Rovers will be able to add to their misery on Saturday, and not be the catalyst for their revival?....... :-0

Anything other than 3 points Mowbray should be sacked.It would make it 1 win in 6 in the league.A draw at Bury should not be classed as a decent result by anyone.Hopefully the international break has been used to nail down a system.It's ridiculous that we are in mid November and the manager still doesn't know his best 11 and system

Archived