BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Anything other than 3 points Mowbray should be sacked.It would make it 1 win in 6 in the league.A draw at Bury should not be classed as a decent result by anyone.Hopefully the international break has been used to nail down a system.It's ridiculous that we are in mid November and the manager still doesn't know his best 11 and system

The most worrying part is that we all know what the best 11 is 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Anything other than 3 points Mowbray should be sacked.It would make it 1 win in 6 in the league.A draw at Bury should not be classed as a decent result by anyone.Hopefully the international break has been used to nail down a system.It's ridiculous that we are in mid November and the manager still doesn't know his best 11 and system

To me the worrying part is that he does know HIS best eleven and system, and neither work.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

To me the worrying part is that he does know HIS best eleven and system, and neither work.

Yeah suppose your right,he is definitely itching to play 3 at the back.I really would love Mowbray to prove me wrong and shove my criticism back down my throat but I don't see it happening.If we are to be serious promotion contenders we should be going to Bury tomorrow and winning by at least a couple of goals,a clean sheet would be nice.I will be beyond angry if we go with the plan of keeping it tight and catching them on the break.Would like to see the same intensity that we saw against Rotherham at home and hopefully a similar result as Rochdale away

Having fans filling both ends it's such a pity Chapman is out what better than having that kind of support to drive players forward who take people on. We need 2 or 3 in the matchday squad with a bit of pace like that I can't for the life of me understand why we haven't recruited pace.

I'd go

Raya;

Downing, Mulgrew, Williams

Travis, Smallwood, Whittingham. Bennett;

Dack;

Nuttall, Graham

We've no wingers fit and i'd like to try work Dack in behind two strikers.

If thats too ambitious then:

Raya

Nyambe,      Downing,      Mulgrew,       Williams;

Smallwood,  Whittingham

Bennett,          Dack,           Antonsson

Nuttall

5 hours ago, Darren Brown said:

Bury are being absolutely slated by their fans on the local rag after the Woking cup result, and the Chairman has even put an apology on the cub website this morning, saying it was unacceptable and a response by the players is needed.

Surely Rovers will be able to add to their misery on Saturday, and not be the catalyst for their revival?....... :-0

Will probably lose!  ?

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

I now we've talked before,I can't understand the clamber to sack Tony,not after everything that has gone before with poor manager after poor manager.The owners will never learn,but the fans should.

Got my tickets today. Taking the wife to her 7th game where she has yet to see us score a goal. I'm hoping this is the game she stops asking why do I go watching rovers to waste all that money only to be annoyed all week and see a hard working rovers bang a few in and enjoy the party atmosphere. I'm sick of trying to explain why I love rovers . If this is not the game for that then I really don't know what is. 

4-1 rovers . Anything but three points I will wait in the car park, bag TM and take him back teeside myself

34 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

I now we've talked before,I can't understand the clamber to sack Tony,not after everything that has gone before with poor manager after poor manager.The owners will never learn,but the fans should.

So we should stick with Mowbray no matter how he is doing?Mowbray has done nothing as of yet to show he deserves to be manager here

10 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

We are struggling with width at the moment. If I was Mowbray I'd be looking at bringing back Feeney in January to add to that department.

As it stands I'd go with:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham

Bennett Dack Hart

Nuttall

Team's OK apart from Hart. From what I've seen Antonsson is far better on the left wing than Hart.

6 hours ago, frosty said:

That's some record! 

Actually my girlfriend’s first 4 games were

Watford vs. Rovers 1:0

Liverpool vs Rovers 0:0

Rovers vs Liverpool 0:1

Reading vs Rovers 1:0

Actually we ve been to 10 games together and the only one that we won was the one against Brentford but that was the game we went down so not a game to remember really

2 hours ago, skous18 said:

Actually we ve been to 10 games together and the only one that we won was the one against Brentford but that was the game we went down so not a game to remember really

I feel your pain

11 hours ago, bazza said:

Team's OK apart from Hart. From what I've seen Antonsson is far better on the left wing than Hart.

I have never seen Hart play so can't say whether he's better or worse than Antonsson. The reason I've included him in the squad vs Bury is because they are bottom of the league and we should be able to play with freedom. It's a good opportunity to see what he is made of. He should get a game, at least.

But if you're saying Antonsson is better than him then I won't hold out much hope for the lad. You are hard pressed to be worse than him.

19 hours ago, islander200 said:

So we should stick with Mowbray no matter how he is doing?Mowbray has done nothing as of yet to show he deserves to be manager here

We should stick with him because we are 7th not 17th.what do you want him to do to show he deserves it here?hes 1000000000times better than coyle.

23 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

We should stick with him because we are 7th not 17th.what do you want him to do to show he deserves it here?hes 1000000000times better than coyle.

Being better than Coyle isn't a reason to keep Mowbray.7th in league one isn't an achievement,we had the biggest budget and we where favourites to win the league according to every bookmaker.We have 1 win in 5 in the league.He still hasn't got a settled a settled side .I have asked you on numerous occasions what have you seen from Mowbrays management since he has been with us that has you convinced he is the right man for the job?Id rather we brought someone else in before it's too late,not after the window closes when automatic promotion will be out of our reach

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Being better than Coyle isn't a reason to keep Mowbray.7th in league one isn't an achievement,we had the biggest budget and we where favourites to win the league according to every bookmaker.We have 1 win in 5 in the league.He still hasn't got a settled a settled side .I have asked you on numerous occasions what have you seen from Mowbrays management since he has been with us that has you convinced he is the right man for the job?Id rather we brought someone else in before it's too late,not after the window closes when automatic promotion will be out of our reach

I've seen wins,wins in a row,happy fans on the match,promotion end of table not relegatnion.Budgets don't matter,look at birmingam, best spend and bottom of league.

stick with tony,we are 7th and looking good placed to kick on.

15 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

I've seen wins,wins in a row,happy fans on the match,promotion end of table not relegatnion.Budgets don't matter,look at birmingam, best spend and bottom of league.

stick with tony,we are 7th and looking good placed to kick on.

Budgets do matter when they are miles and miles bigger than any other club in the league. Man City wouldn't tolerate being 8th in the Premier League with their spending.

It also matters because we know from experience that the budget will be slashed if we miss out on promotion, and so our chances of getting out of this division diminish every year we fail to do it.

We aren't currently at the 'promotion end' of the table. We're mid-table just outside the play-off lottery positions. We might get in the top 6, so might any 4 of about 16 clubs from 1st down to the bottom half.

Birmingham didn't have the biggest spend in the Championship. Far from it. They're probably underachieving given their spending but would only be mid-table if the league was arranged according to spending. If we were in Birmingham's boat now I might expect to be higher but not pushing for promotion.

Spending the most and having the biggest wage bill doesn't entitle you to success and results, but it does entitle us to demand more than we're getting which is mid-table rubbish and making hard work of overcoming dross via this managers confused and negative approach.

Budgets do matter a great deal in this league it's different in the Championship were many are on a similar large budget levels in one the most competitive leagues in world football. There's been some big clubs pass through league 1 but i'd wager most with a budget like ours in comparative terms have walked straight back up.

Remember we are talking first team playing budget not size of crowds etc.

1 minute ago, Mark45 said:

We are not midtable we are 7th,on the edge of playoffs and well placed to make a push,the prem days have gone,some still think we are prem.,

Nothing to do with the Premier League. We're 11 points off promotion and 9 points off relegation. That's not good enough. 6th/7th/8th all utterly meaningless at this point. Play offs is not promotion.

22 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Got my tickets today. Taking the wife to her 7th game where she has yet to see us score a goal. I'm hoping this is the game she stops asking why do I go watching rovers to waste all that money only to be annoyed all week and see a hard working rovers bang a few in and enjoy the party atmosphere. I'm sick of trying to explain why I love rovers . If this is not the game for that then I really don't know what is. 

4-1 rovers . Anything but three points I will wait in the car park, bag TM and take him back teeside myself

15 hours ago, skous18 said:

WOW! please can we ask that neither of you take your GFs to rovers matches...ever! and not this saturday. LOL

Archived