BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

Don't think my boy saw Rovers win until his 8-10th game. Best one was when Watford had stuffed us 4nil away, had parked in a multi-story and made our way back after the match. Had to put the ticket in the machine to pay the dues, bloody thing broke.... Was standing there with my boy for half an hour with 50 something Watford behind us! 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mark45 said:

We are not midtable we are 7th,on the edge of playoffs and well placed to make a push,the prem days have gone,some still think we are prem.,

A push ? Into what. What have you seen that gives you confidence of us pushing onwards? 1 win in 5 

We are 5 points behind an average target set out by our manager 2pts per game.

For us to be in contention we need 100% win record from the next 5 games AND need snookers from the top 2 to have a sniff of being on course.

If we dont get max points from a lowly Bury then its time TM packed up n f**ked off.

27 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

A push ? Into what. What have you seen that gives you confidence of us pushing onwards? 1 win in 5 

We are 5 points behind an average target set out by our manager 2pts per game.

For us to be in contention we need 100% win record from the next 5 games AND need snookers from the top 2 to have a sniff of being on course.

If we dont get max points from a lowly Bury then its time TM packed up n f**ked off.

Have you actually looked at the table?We are 4 wins from top place?we need a bit of consistency that's all.we won 12 games last season in league,we've won 7 so far this,a worse league but we are winning games.

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not taking anything for granted at the moment. We're not playing well enough go anywhere and expect to win. Therein is the problem.

Exactly this,we are near even money in the bookies to win this match I'd love to be confident in being able to put a stack on us to win but at the moment just can't be confident. But we have to be beating bury, they just got hammered in midweek,bottom of the table too.If we can't pick up 3 points here then Mowbray just has to go

3 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

How are ticket sales going? 

Got mine today was told nearly 4,000 but that can't be true. Got the impression they didn't have a clue.

Someone was tweeting before about 150 left.

Just now, tomphil said:

Your right but me personally I don't care how they win,  just win.

Same as,it would be nice to win convincingly but 3 points is the most important thing.We can't keep drawing games, a draw on Saturday is not a good result,in my view it wouldn't even be an OK result

I'm more concerned about how we are playing to be honest. I remember us battering Crewe a few years back and losing 1-0. We made enough outstanding chances that day to win five games. If we play really on Saturday and only get a draw I wouldn't be too bent out of shape but first and foremost we've got to start looking like serious promotion candidates. We must put in a performance at Bury.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Same as,it would be nice to win convincingly but 3 points is the most important thing.We can't keep drawing games, a draw on Saturday is not a good result,in my view it wouldn't even be an OK result

Yep and I think we'll have to score 2 or 3 to win because there is bound to be some kind of reaction from Bury so might as well go for it.

1 hour ago, Mark45 said:

Have you actually looked at the table?We are 4 wins from top place?we need a bit of consistency that's all.we won 12 games last season in league,we've won 7 so far this,a worse league but we are winning games.

like i say we need 5 wins from the next 5 games AND other teams slip up, your 4 games from top place is on the condition that Shrews lose their next 3. have you looked at the table? they have lost 1 all season so far..........

if they do there is a few teams in a better position to capitalize before we do 

2 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

like i say we need 5 wins from the next 5 games AND other teams slip up, your 4 games from top place is on the condition that Shrews lose their next 3. have you looked at the table? they have lost 1 all season so far..........

if they do there is a few teams in a better position to capitalize before we do 

We'll be sat here in March/April with folk saying we're 7th/8th/9th and 'only' 3,4,5 wins away from the top 2. Sooner or later you have to overcome theory and ifs buts and maybes and actually do it. We're playing catch up by some considerable distance and we're only a third into the season. Logic would suggest that if a 10+ point gap to the top 2 has emerged over 15 games then it is likely to take at least that number of games again to bridge that gap and get back in the mix with those sides. Then we'll be 2/3 of the way through the season and into the final straight. 

Very little margin for error now. I'm amazed some people are so content/relaxed with our situation given the mediocre results and arguably just as concerning largely abysmal performances and lack of evidence of any ambition or real match winning plan from the team and manager.

Some seem happy to put up with this rubbish all season in the hope eventually something clicks that hasn't clicked so far hoping we can limp through the lottery of the play offs or that Wigan/Shrewsbury/Charlton are going to collapse whilst we go on a great run. Very little belief on my part either of those things will happen.

I find our performances not only boring and weary but also ineffective. Nobody would complain if we were 'doing a Bolton' and grinding out wins every week but we aren't even doing that. 

It would be negligent if Mowbray wasn't under intense scrutiny from above at present yet I get the impression we put more effort in on here assessing the manager than the owners and very well paid staff do.

On 11/15/2017 at 17:35, Mark45 said:

I now we've talked before,I can't understand the clamber to sack Tony,not after everything that has gone before with poor manager after poor manager.The owners will never learn,but the fans should.

There's a reason he ran off before Coventry kicked him hard to the kerb..............and this season we are seeing it first hand.

There's more chance of England winning the World Cup than Tony Career Loser Mowbray getting this club anywhere near promotion

2 hours ago, Mark45 said:

We're 4 wins from top place if top place loses them. If top place wins the 4 like we do then we're no better off. If we win 4 and top place wins 2 we're still a substantial 6 points off the top. 

I agree we need consistency. I believe that starts with having a settled starting 11 and formation that works. We have neither.

Last season's wins are completely irrelevant as we are now in a different league and have gone from relegation favourites to promotion favourites. If winning more games than last season is your ambition for the season then you'll be easily pleased.

12 hours ago, McClarky said:

Dread to think what the board will be like if we don't win comfortably on Saturday.  

Bury comfortably beat our under 23's the other month at Ewood so let's see what the firsts can do.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

We'll be sat here in March/April with folk saying we're 7th/8th/9th and 'only' 3,4,5 wins away from the top 2. Sooner or later you have to overcome theory and ifs buts and maybes and actually do it. We're playing catch up by some considerable distance and we're only a third into the season. Logic would suggest that if a 10+ point gap to the top 2 has emerged over 15 games then it is likely to take at least that number of games again to bridge that gap and get back in the mix with those sides. Then we'll be 2/3 of the way through the season and into the final straight. 

Very little margin for error now. I'm amazed some people are so content/relaxed with our situation given the mediocre results and arguably just as concerning largely abysmal performances and lack of evidence of any ambition or real match winning plan from the team and manager.

Some seem happy to put up with this rubbish all season in the hope eventually something clicks that hasn't clicked so far hoping we can limp through the lottery of the play offs or that Wigan/Shrewsbury/Charlton are going to collapse whilst we go on a great run. Very little belief on my part either of those things will happen.

I find our performances not only boring and weary but also ineffective. Nobody would complain if we were 'doing a Bolton' and grinding out wins every week but we aren't even doing that. 

It would be negligent if Mowbray wasn't under intense scrutiny from above at present yet I get the impression we put more effort in on here assessing the manager than the owners and very well paid staff do.

Rovers are currently midtable which highlights the poor quality of this current team.

Goals win games and Mowbray Venus Lowe just aren't delivering on this front ........which asks........ do they know what they're doing.

13 hours ago, McClarky said:

Dread to think what the board will be like if we don't win comfortably on Saturday.  

Be no different to any other day, Mikey C will be slouched back in a chair, sending emails to Pasha with a powerpoint attachment on how we can save three pence a week on grass cutting and asking him to pass on his best wishes to Mrs D , Burnley Bob will be busy tucking into after match nibbles in a rather splendid FA tie, and the invisible director will be ringing HQ ( the Indian one not the North London one) checking how Fat Barry's accumulator has done,

oh you mean the messageboard :)

49 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Be no different to any other day, Mikey C will be slouched back in a chair, sending emails to Pasha with a powerpoint attachment on how we can save three pence a week on grass cutting and asking him to pass on his best wishes to Mrs D , Burnley Bob will be busy tucking into after match nibbles in a rather splendid FA tie, and the invisible director will be ringing HQ ( the Indian one not the North London one) checking how Fat Barry's accumulator has done,

oh you mean the messageboard :)

Fat Baz will see the odds on a Bury win and text in his team sheet, start Mr Marcus up front on his own please and give that Mr Ward a start at the back, terribly nice fellow. Oh and rest Mr Evans his agent tells me he's been busy recently and is very tired.

One last thing please tell Mr Richie to get another of those yellow things as soon as he can and maybe a red one as wel I've heard the fans love it when those are waved and sing his name, we must give them something to cheer after all.

Best of luck, Barry      :lol:

Archived