BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Confirmed as sold out. Fans have done their bit, now its down to the manager and players.

Another great effort by the fans. I sincerely hope we don't get a repeat of the Oldham result or some of our chocolate soldiers will melt.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Players and manager need to reward the fans now. Phenomenal effort.

And no doubt there will be more in the home stands...

Forget about what my head is telling me will happen.

Heart says it will be very happy with a thumping win and will sleep OK with a scrappy 1-0 og win in the 95th minute.

Anything less and will be very very unhappy. 

Has TM looked at that Bury left back yet? Did he go to their Woking game? 

Simon Grayson now evens favourite for the Bury job.

Surprised if he'd be keen on that one given Bury's problems and limitations.

Also frustrating because he'd be the one top of my list to come in if things don't pick up here soon. If he goes there it takes away a realistic, sensible option for Rovers and no doubt leaves us back in the ludicrous 'who would want to manage us?' circle.

Just now, tomphil said:

Grayson to Bury ?  Waste of a good manager there who's proven with bigger clubs at the other end of the table is this league !

Funny one. Possibly just the rumour mill but strong favourite for it with the bookies.

Be surprised if he was going to drop from Championship with PNE/Sunderland to relegation at the bottom of League One. Sure if he sits tight for a few months he'd get better options.

Can't weigh Bury up really. Must be some big money somewhere in there with the players signed and wages paid out and so called plans for 15,000 stadium yet don't get much by way of crowds and regular rumours that all is not well financially.

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Funny one. Possibly just the rumour mill but strong favourite for it with the bookies.

Be surprised if he was going to drop from Championship with PNE/Sunderland to relegation at the bottom of League One. Sure if he sits tight for a few months he'd get better options.

Can't weigh Bury up really. Must be some big money somewhere in there with the players signed and wages paid out and so called plans for 15,000 stadium yet don't get much by way of crowds and regular rumours that all is not well financially.

Stan Ternants book gives a good account of what it's like managing Bury and how it's almost impossible to pull more than 4 or 5k in when they are flying. Shame but talk of a 15k stadium will probably end up bankrupting them in the long run, no demand for it ever over there it seems.

Maybe if someone has a few quid there is a nice bonus in it for Grayson plus he seems to prefer staying around this area.

5 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Be no different to any other day, Mikey C will be slouched back in a chair, sending emails to Pasha with a powerpoint attachment on how we can save three pence a week on grass cutting and asking him to pass on his best wishes to Mrs D , Burnley Bob will be busy tucking into after match nibbles in a rather splendid FA tie, and the invisible director will be ringing HQ ( the Indian one not the North London one) checking how Fat Barry's accumulator has done,

oh you mean the messageboard :)

Yes, I didn’t realise we had any other kind.  

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Why not go with 2 up top away against bottom of the league? Good to see Nuttall starting nonetheless.

It would have meant playing Dack wide though, he is at his best centrally. I'm not fan of Antonnson but to be fair he had a decent game in this position against Rotherham, we don't have many options for someone to play wide in a 4-4-2 with Chapman and Conway out.He could have picked a lot worse team to be fair,at least we ain't seeing 3 at the back or Samuel playing wide

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Why not go with 2 up top away against bottom of the league? Good to see Nuttall starting nonetheless.

Clearly wants Dack in the 10 role. Playing 4-2-3-1 formation. 

Sorry But some fans cannot resist a moan about anything Mowbray. He picked Nuttall after his good performances in recent games. 

Yes I would gone for Graham and Nuttall but that mean playing Dack wide but I didnt want to really do that. 

Lets just get behind the lads and beat Bury

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It would have meant playing Dack wide though, he is at his best centrally. I'm not fan of Antonnson but to be fair he had a decent game in this position against Rotherham, we don't have many options for someone to play wide in a 4-4-2 with Chapman and Conway out.He could have picked a lot worse team to be fair,at least we ain't seeing 3 at the back or Samuel playing wide

Exactly. If he’s to give Nuttall a fair chance he needed to play our best player (Dack) in his best position. Hasn’t got the lads to play anyone but Antonsson out wide. Happy with the team personally. 

Archived