Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, islander200 said:

4-2-3-1 according tof the site.Antonnson and Bennett either side of Dack

Yeah you could be right, you could go with either system really. I can't see any point in playing Whittingham in a defensive two, he's never going to get into the last third of the pitch from there and a ball winner he isn't. You just may as well play Tomlinson there, if he's fit that is.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah you could be right, you could go with either system really. I can't see any point in playing Whittingham in a defensive two, he's never going to get into the last third of the pitch from there and a ball winner he isn't. You just may as well play Tomlinson there, if he's fit that is.

I suppose the idea is for Whittingham to pick the ball up from the back and start moves with his long range passing whether it happens or not is a different story

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly wants Dack in the 10 role. Playing 4-2-3-1 formation. 

Sorry But some fans cannot resist a moan about anything Mowbray. He picked Nuttall after his good performances in recent games. 

Yes I would gone for Graham and Nuttall but that mean playing Dack wide but I didnt want to really do that. 

Lets just get behind the lads and beat Bury

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Dack

Graham Nuttall

The above was your team from the other thread. Why did you pick it if you 'didn't want to do it'? Also, are you at the game today 'getting behind the lads' or are you on a MB talking bollocks like the rest of us? 

P.S.  having an opinion isn't 'moaning'.

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I suppose the idea is for Whittingham to pick the ball up from the back and start moves with his long range passing whether it happens or not is a different story

Or playing further back means he can't pass backwards as often as he does. Sideways is still an option though. 

Just now, islander200 said:

I agree with you but that isn't all down to Whittingham he needs movement in front of him too which has been lacking in a lot of games

No but sometimes forwards don't want to waste energy if they know the ball isn't coming. I agree he needs more options going forward thats why Dack, Graham and Chapman worked so well against pompey.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's the idea but we haven't seen much evidence of this long range passing have we ?

Absolutely none, apart from a few cross field balls. But like everyone says, if there's no movement up front there's no point in passing it long. The other side to that argument is that if the oppo are sat deep there's no space in behind anyway which is why you need magicians like Chapman on the pitch to create something out of nothing. Mowbray hadn't quite worked that out before Chapman got injured.

No Harry to bail him out anymore so it will be interesting to see how we set up. If Nuttall is just told to stand up front then it might be a long afternoon as I think they have 3 CH's at the back. I'm guessing we'll go two up top 2nd half if it isn't going well.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Absolutely none, apart from a few cross field balls. But like everyone says, if there's no movement up front there's no point in passing it long. The other side to that argument is that if the oppo are sat deep there's no space in behind anyway which is why you need magicians like Chapman on the pitch to create something out of nothing. Mowbray hadn't quite worked that out before Chapman got injured.

No Harry to bail him out anymore so it will be interesting to see how we set up. If Nuttall is just told to stand up front then it might be a long afternoon as I think they have 3 CH's at the back. I'm guessing we'll go two up top 2nd half if it isn't going well.

Then we need to use the full backs and wide players to get round the sides and get to the byline and get those centre halves turning to face their goal. We mustn't do what we normally do and have bennett float the balls to the back post, it makes a centre half's life easy.

5 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Then we need to use the full backs and wide players to get round the sides and get to the byline and get those centre halves turning to face their goal. We mustn't do what we normally do and have bennett float the balls to the back post, it makes a centre half's life easy.

We do mate, and Chapman has been the only one this season who seems capable of doing it.

Archived