BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

18 minutes ago, Butty said:

On the way home now. Rovers really didn't get out of first gear today, didn't play well but still won 3-0 so that's pleasing. Nutall didn't get a kick all game, had to try and deal with long balls all day and I don't think Nuttall won one header. Dack Smallwood and Antonsson our best players today, Dack took his goal really well. Bennett was on the floor more than on his feet in the first half, 3 points is the main thing from today. Bury were awful, we didn't get out of first gear and played quite poorly but we didn't need too step it up. Good atmosphere, good result. On to the next one.

Bang on bar Bennett who was to busy looking after the bomb scare Nyambe who had a good second but he's bloody awful. Back to Manchester ?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good win today. 

Antonsson took his goals very well. 

Smallwood work his socks off. My.motm for me. 

Nuttall did well. Work hard but never had a clear cut chance

Smallwood second half was a belter, impressed. Motm for me? Charlie Mulgrew no flash harry today but stuck to his task and did v well against long balls. Wish he'd talk more. David Raya impressed me 22mins in a goal kick he was yelling at Downing to get up. Kids growing in confidence 

• Backroom

Have to win on Tuesday for this result to matter. Ten shots apiece is disappointing against the bottom team but a win is a win, and a clean sheet, so it is what it is. Hard to complain really.

Reading the above I really am jaded. But anyway, win against Oxford now needed to really kick on and start making up for the silly points we've dropped in past games.

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Have to win on Tuesday for this result to matter. Ten shots apiece is disappointing against the bottom team but a win is a win, and a clean sheet, so it is what it is. Hard to complain really.

Reading the above I really am jaded. But anyway, win against Oxford now needed to really kick on and start making up for the silly points we've dropped in past games.

We were efficient today German style not bad but not great. But your bang on we need a winning run now and bury far bette than the position they're in suggests.

• Backroom
Just now, Dunnfc said:

We were efficient today German style not bad but not great. But your bang on we need a winning run now and bury far bette than the position they're in suggests.

Aye, I'm sure I'm being overly harsh but a win against Oxford on Tuesday and I'll be feeling more positive. We regularly fail these types of tests though so I'm struggling to be optimistic.

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Aye, I'm sure I'm being overly harsh but a win against Oxford on Tuesday and I'll be feeling more positive. We regularly fail these types of tests though so I'm struggling to be optimistic.

Il level Mowbray isn't for me. Not good enough and he can't get a run together going but il give him this. I ran down to the touch line in home main stand and he was fist pumping in his jacket today. Lovely bloke real footballing guy and just genuine but I've my doubts as aforementioned about the bloke but I want him to do bloody well. If he fails he fails he's not Steve Kean. 

We didnt play particularly well but won 3-0. I'd take that every game but there will surely be much tougher tests ahead.

Thought TM got  the line up and the use of rhe subs more or less spot on today. Didn't make the substitutions until ren minutes to go by which time we were of course 3 up.

Bennett is still useless and I'd like to see far more out of Whittingham for my money though; but hey ho 3-0 is 3-0 so off to the next one.

Well I said it could be Rochdale or Oldham today so thank god it was the former. We have too much for most in this league when we turn up and are at the races but by the same chalk the periods of standing off and staying deep will cost us on the road against better than Bury when it shouldn't.

I also moaned when Antonsson started again :wacko: :lol:

I will say this though if he ever swaps Downing for Ward again on some daft tactical turn that only he sees sense in then he wants flogging with a blunt instrument. Leave that lad in every game he's fit enough to play.

1 hour ago, Mark45 said:

No,I'm posting here,don't be upset because we are winning and you're getting it wrong again,be happy that you don't know anything and we are winning.

Great result but awful performance. It's hard to be critical after scoring three and not conceding but bury are an awful side and we didn't look much better. They will be in league two next year absolutely no doubts about that. I can't think of a game which we won and I left feeling less confident than before. 

I thought we looked very disorganised almost uncoached. We don't look like a team taking time to click more like 11 strangers with some ability . I'm sorry I'm not normally a negative person but we are not going up.

I feel we papered over some very serious cracks today and starting on Tuesday they will reappear . 

We are onto Oxford. Start of a big week, 9/9 would be great.

Sounds like Dack is coming into a game. I like Antonsson as an inside left forward, I assume that's where he played today. 

Didn't see the game as Ifollow are a bunch of thieves. Might not tune in on Tuesday either as this seemed to work! 

On ye go ursel big Tony!

Today bore many similarities with the Rochdale game. Starting quite slowly, taking our chances and winning in a canter. Winning is absolutely the most important thing so from that perspective we all have to be pleased but below the surface there is still lots of areas to be improved on. After the Rochdale game we had a tough midweek game at Scunthorpe which produced probably the most resilient performance season to date. I hope we can put in a similar performance at Oxford on Tuesday.

TMs game plan worked. We allowed Bury possession knowing they had little to offer up front. Dack was superb throughout and a few bits of quality won the game. Thought we might have pressed more when Graham came on as their keeper might have struggled with quality shots, but I'm not complaining, 

Enjoyed the short trip. Bury's ground is lacking but we raised the spirit and local pub would like to play us every week. But next time landlord don't water your beer down. 

• J*B unpinned this topic

This evening I've been reading this thread from before kick off.

It's nice to know so many Rovers supporters from varying distances abroad are so keen to follow the match.

Places I've noted are: Malta, Perth WA, France, Portugal, Shanghai, Toronto, Singapore, Norway and Germany. Also "AllRoverAsia" lives in either Thailand or Malaysia.

Hope the 3-0 win has overjoyed you all including those I know of who live in USA, Canada, Sweden and Spain.

Cheers to Rovers supporters worldwide.:brfc::wub:

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack a class above. Antonsson very good too, Bennett works hard but needs to offer more.

Nuttall for me is behind Graham as an impact sub, always in the 18 but he lacks the presence.

Easy win, now we need to win these next 3.

You changing your opinion on Antonsson? 

Does Graham have a presence now? Not really cant he plays the man far too much and forget to play the ball

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You changing your opinion on Antonsson? 

Does Graham have a presence now? Not really cant he plays the man far too much and forget to play the ball

Antonsson had a good game today hope he builds on it. Graham did as much as nuttall did in his small cameo. More of a presence, nuttall didn't win a header all game and didn't really do anything but I'm guessing playing upfront on his own isn't his game. Guy next too me on the game today said Graham wasn't on the coach with the rest of the players and turned up a bit later on his own so read into that what you will if anything. 

17 minutes ago, Butty said:

Antonsson had a good game today hope he builds on it. Graham did as much as nuttall did in his small cameo. More of a presence, nuttall didn't win a header all game and didn't really do anything but I'm guessing playing upfront on his own isn't his game. Guy next too me on the game today said Graham wasn't on the coach with the rest of the players and turned up a bit later on his own so read into that what you will if anything. 

Nutall was dire. No touch or controls and Ocoonnell sniffed him out every time. Lad looks not up to speed mentality wise. Graham forced a save late on but he took his shot to early and didn't stretch the goalie but 3-0 up at the time. Don't think Graham trains much with the FT tbf.

Why are people surprised at Dack playing well? He's played well every single time he's put on the shirt. I'm not sure why he's here because he is way too good, he should be at the top end of the Championship at the very least.

We didn't play particularly well but got the 3 points, that's pretty much it. Far convinced by Mowbray but he didn't do much wrong today. A good day all round.

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Yeah I'd agree, Nuttall honestly didn't have a kick.

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

And posters on here are being extremely harsh on Nuttall, he just had balls booted at his head for 90 minutes, which clearly isn't his game.

I didn't see the game but surely he must have kept their central defenders busy in order for his team mates to score 3 goals.

4 hours ago, Mark45 said:

No,I'm posting here,don't be upset because we are winning and you're getting it wrong again,be happy that you don't know anything and we are winning.

reading through this thread and sorry, i'm not normally picky...but you do know that a space should come after a comma right? it is damn annoying.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Nutall was dire. No touch or controls and Ocoonnell sniffed him out every time. Lad looks not up to speed mentality wise. Graham forced a save late on but he took his shot to early and didn't stretch the goalie but 3-0 up at the time. Don't think Graham trains much with the FT tbf.

In the Rochdale cup game the other week I thought Samuel was looking pretty sharp until he had to be sacrificed as a result of the Wharton sending off. Just saying.

4 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

And posters on here are being extremely harsh on Nuttall, he just had balls booted at his head for 90 minutes, which clearly isn't his game.

He didn't move. He was out thought all game by the number 6. No where near ready for me to play for the FT

Archived