SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RV Blue said:

Well he did move, are you sure you were watching the game at Gigg Lane?

Aye when he got subbed! He looked off the pace no desire to control the ball or take it into his feet and spin his man. Poor today and I said mentally I don't think he's sharp enough yet to play at this level. Samuel looked ok with a bit of pace and good footwork when he was brought on.

Wonder who the numpty was who fell over the advertising hoardings behind the goal when Dack scored? Fat Bazzer could get some good odds on another such hoarding boards slippage at our next televised outing, instead of betting on the team and meddling in squad selection and formation... just saying, as there was that fat non-league goalie who got done for placing a bet on himself being filmed eating all the pies... 

Anyway, very satisfying result. No one EVER remembers how well we played in the end, just the score and the result.

Kerching!

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Il level Mowbray isn't for me. Not good enough and he can't get a run together going but il give him this. I ran down to the touch line in home main stand and he was fist pumping in his jacket today. Lovely bloke real footballing guy and just genuine but I've my doubts as aforementioned about the bloke but I want him to do bloody well. If he fails he fails he's not Steve Kean. 

Think thats the general consensus. Nice guy, loves football, passionate - but none of that really matters. We have to get promoted and i would not care if it was Vinnie Jones that achieved it.

Some people see games and players different, indeed quite the opposite, to other people.

Take for instance Antonsson. After a shaky start to the season he has improved slowly until Shrewsbury away where he played on the left wing and, IMO, looked pretty good. From then on I liked Antonsson and he has improved no end. He is now our top scorer.

So how can I assess Nuttall's contribution today without having seen the match because posters vary in opinions?  A 3-0 win is good enough for me so keep the same starting 11 for Oxford.

1 minute ago, bazza said:

Some people see games and players different, indeed quite the opposite, to other people.

Take for instance Antonsson. After a shaky start to the season he has improved slowly until Shrewsbury away where he played on the left wing and, IMO, looked pretty good. From then on I liked Antonsson and he has improved no end. He is now our top scorer.

So how can I assess Nuttall's contribution today without having seen the match because posters vary in opinions?  A 3-0 win is good enough for me so keep the same starting 11 for Oxford.

Yup - wide left in the three behind the CF seems to be his position and has 'admittedly' done well there when played. He does have movement and a bit of a footballing brain id say - just his strength and on occasions his finishing lets him down. 

And i wont have anyone jumping on Nuttall's back after what? The first time he has not scored for us when playing? Suddenly he is now not up to it? Give the kid a chance, i dont think up front on his own suited him or perhaps he was not up to speed with this formation. The kid has something and also has drive and ambition, so lets not knock it whiles its on the ascendancy. 

19 minutes ago, bazza said:

Antonsson what an odd player. Leeds STH on site thinks he's one of the worst they've had and can't see how they paid 2 million for an uncapped player like him. A post on my FB even jokes about never returning him! 

Hes no pace, no physique, not the most technical in fact I struggle bar his exceptional attitude and work ethic to name much more but he scores. Like a young Francis Jeffers.

unchanged team next game they've won convincingly and deserve another go, get the subs /rest of them hungrier.

Attendance. 7159    Rovers fans(official, i.e.not including those in home supporting areas) 3606.

Therefore home supporters were 3553.

Away supporters outnumbered home supporters by 53. Is this an unusual happening? It must have occurred before but how often and when and where?

It must be a rare occurrence. 

46 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

reading through this thread and sorry, i'm not normally picky...but you do know that a space should come after a comma right? it is damn annoying.

Sentences start with capital letters right?

Very good win for lads today,Tony taking us up.

4 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

cheston said we sold 3750

more lies

couldn't give a fuk about bury

I've never heard anything as ridiculous in my life Cheston lied about an extra 150 fans attending? If he did say this then maybe he just made a mistake?Because for the life of me I don't see what he would have to gain about lieing about that?3606 is brilliant by our travelling faithful 

9 minutes ago, bazza said:

Attendance. 7159    Rovers fans(official, i.e.not including those in home supporting areas) 3606.

Therefore home supporters were 3553.

Away supporters outnumbered home supporters by 53. Is this an unusual happening? It must have occurred before but how often and when and where?

It must be a rare occurrence. 

Tbh some rovers obviously were in the away second half (northstand) standing at the side whilst we had a few in the main stand home area. Obviously we'd sold the north and south out! Very close to 4,000 fans easy.

IMG_1084.PNG

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You changing your opinion on Antonsson? 

Does Graham have a presence now? Not really cant he plays the man far too much and forget to play the ball

Antonsson has had more poor games than good for us, but today he was excellent.

He can provide a goal threat from wide, and needs to step up and be consistent in Chapmans absence, jury still out at the moment.

Graham has been much improved recently, terrific v Portsmouth and scoring, scored v Barnet, set up Dack v Plymouth and has by far the best link up with our best player Dack.

You are a parody of yourself regarding Graham.

In the summer youd have him here over a striker who scored 20 goals every season he was here, then he became your scapegoat for our poor position in the league.

Then you put him in the team you chose as someone pointed out, Mowbray chose against this, and now after a 10 minute cameo at 3 nil up youve changed your mind yet again?

I thought Nuttall looked like a player released by Aberdeen after loan spells with Stanraer and Dumbarton. Playing up top away from home, even against the bottom team, requires a lot. Holding the ball up, getting us up the pitch, bringing others into the game, bullying the defenders. I didn’t see any of that. Coming on as impact sub making it 2 or even 3 up front looks more his thing right now. Early days still for him.

Tbh i think there's a lot of rubbish being spouted on here about Nuttall. You'd think no-one else had ever had a quiet game or off day. By all means replace him if he starts the next 3 or 4 and plays poorly in all of them but after 3 goals in 3 games before today, don't cast him aside after one poorish game. He was far from being alone in that respect today.

If anything I thought Graham showed exactly why he shouldn't be anywhere near the side when he came on. Within seconds an opportunity for a one on one with the keeper arose for anyone with a modicum of pace but because of his lack of mobility he was unable to do anything with it. Then five minutes later he tamely miscued a really good chance straight at the keeper.

Conversely Samuel looked to have rediscovered some of his early season pizazz in his brief appearance.

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Nutall was dire. No touch or controls and Ocoonnell sniffed him out every time. Lad looks not up to speed mentality wise. Graham forced a save late on but he took his shot to early and didn't stretch the goalie but 3-0 up at the time. Don't think Graham trains much with the FT tbf.

Seems the ones baying for Mowbary's head for not playing him are quiet today.  So, did the lad have an off day?

Did Mowbary play a system that did not suit him?  Or

Is he just not as good as everyone wants him to be and Mowbary was almost right?  Has to be one if the above doesn't it?

2 hours ago, bazza said:

But we know Mowbary doesn't do same starting 11's.

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Why are people surprised at Dack playing well? He's played well every single time he's put on the shirt. I'm not sure why he's here because he is way too good, he should be at the top end of the Championship at the very least.

We didn't play particularly well but got the 3 points, that's pretty much it. Far convinced by Mowbray but he didn't do much wrong today. A good day all round.

Tend to agree about Dack. Really pleased the manager is now giving him the chance to show what he can do as even when we've had stinkers I felt he was the one player with the right attithde, always buzzing about and maki ng himself available to receive the ball.

5 hours ago, bazza said:

I didn't see the game but surely he must have kept their central defenders busy in order for his team mates to score 3 goals.

No mate, he really didn't. First goal came from an unreal through ball from Dack, second goal came from a great cross from Dack. And the third goal Dack made himself. Nuttall did absolutely nothing today he probably touched the ball twice at most.

5 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

After the clamour to start Nuttall ..for those thats seen him start ..whats the view ?

He had a lot of long balls pinged up at him, to which he won zero today. But even when he had balls played into him on the deck he struggled to hold it up and in all honesty he did absolutely nothing today. Touched the ball no more than a couple of times. On today's showings alone he doesn't deserve to start, but at the same time I can't sit here and say we played to his strengths. He seems the type of player who would thrive making runs behind a striker who can hold the ball up. Playing Nuttall up top on his own should never happen again, I hope Mowbray doesnt feel like he has to play him just because a lot of us thought he deserved a start. Regarding Mowbray I was disappointed he went straight down the tunnel after he had his name sung for spells in the 90 minutes today. Don't get me wrong our squad is way good enough to finish in the top two of this league but I can't help feeling it could all go wrong under Mowbray and I don't really know why that is. It just feels like something isn't quite right with this team and I can't put my finger on it.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Tbh i think there's a lot of rubbish being spouted on here about Nuttall. You'd think no-one else had ever had a quiet game or off day. By all means replace him if he starts the next 3 or 4 and plays poorly in all of them but after 3 goals in 3 games before today, don't cast him aside after one poorish game. He was far from being alone in that respect today.

If anything I thought Graham showed exactly why he shouldn't be anywhere near the side when he came on. Within seconds an opportunity for a one on one with the keeper arose for anyone with a modicum of pace but because of his lack of mobility he was unable to do anything with it. Then five minutes later he tamely miscued a really good chance straight at the keeper.

Conversely Samuel looked to have rediscovered some of his early season pizazz in his brief appearance.

I agree Rev in the sense he wasn't the only player who had a quiet game today, other than Dack Smallwood and Antonsson the rest had a relatively quiet game and we didn't play that well. However, we cannot go into the next few league games starting Nuttal up top on his own, for me from today he is quite clearly not up to leading the line on his own, I don't blame him for that because he had a lot of long balls fired at him today which clearly isn't his game. I wouldn't mind us starting two up top giving him a man to make runs behind off but on his own? Never again for me. I agree that Samuel looked really lively when he came on today, I'd start him at Oxford in midweek, it's also a disgrace that we are playing them away on a Tuesday night and anyone making the trip is an absolute hero. 

6 hours ago, Butty said:

I agree Rev in the sense he wasn't the only player who had a quiet game today, other than Dack Smallwood and Antonsson the rest had a relatively quiet game and we didn't play that well. However, we cannot go into the next few league games starting Nuttal up top on his own, for me from today he is quite clearly not up to leading the line on his own, I don't blame him for that because he had a lot of long balls fired at him today which clearly isn't his game. I wouldn't mind us starting two up top giving him a man to make runs behind off but on his own? Never again for me. I agree that Samuel looked really lively when he came on today, I'd start him at Oxford in midweek, it's also a disgrace that we are playing them away on a Tuesday night and anyone making the trip is an absolute hero. 

it's also a disgrace that we are playing them away on a Tuesday night and anyone making the trip is an absolute hero. 

you don't think fixtures are done for the supporters benefit?

Game after lengthy break

3 points

Clean sheet

3 Away goals

47% possession 

6 attempts on target

50% strike rate

no bookings

Wigan dropping points, Shrewsbury starting to come under increasing pressure 

PLENTY left to play for

Keep that up home and away (regardless of style of play) and there’s only one direction....

Let’s stay positive please and keep the faith up. Particularly at Ewood.

Keep going....

Archived