BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bury (a) 18.11.17

rigger

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You cant talk about irony at all Stuart with your track record 

:lol::lol::lol:

You don’t even know what the word means? MY track records. Hahahaha!

Keep up the good work Chris. Comedy is definitely your thing.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not a big target striker imo. More like Jason Roberts type of striker is Nuttall. Like to work the channels, work rate but he does know the goal is. 

I would use Nuttall at Oxford as I.think we will go there and play on the counter attack. Not suited is Graham is that

How is he like Roberts, at all?

Nuttall is quite weedy, as youd expect at his age, and comes alive in the penalty box.

Roberts was twice his size, and useless in the 18 yard box.

Need Graham to hold the ball up, that said I wouldn't be surprised if Samuel starts.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How is he like Roberts, at all?

Nuttall is quite weedy, as youd expect at his age, and comes alive in the penalty box.

Roberts was twice his size, and useless in the 18 yard box.

Need Graham to hold the ball up, that said I wouldn't be surprised if Samuel starts.

In terms of size and hold up play. Not finishing. 

Graham hold the ball up? :lol:

He more bothered playing the defender then actually watching and playing the ball. If he actually.watch the ball more he might hold the ball up. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not criticising someone, as Dunnfc also pointed out, to say that he didnt necessarily do what is needed from a main striker yesterday, he didn't win many flicks on, hold it up, he missed an easy chance and he didnt provide a focal point. 

That said, he has come along way, he would definitely be in the squad now, no more under 23s football unless he goes backwards, hes shown he can nick goals, hes particularly dangerous coming off the bench if we need a goal, but probably not ready yet to be first choice.

Graham and Dack were building a good understanding, v Plymouth, Portsmouth and Barnet, Graham seemed a bit hungrier, got a couple of goals, led the line well, and clever players understand each other, and them 2 did, Nuttalls a bit raw at the moment to be starting.

Graham has had a poor season but considering recent form, and who I'd have faith in combining with our best player, Graham should play the next few.

Are you Graham's Mum/Dad, brothet/sister or agent?

It's quite clear imo the lazy so and so should be nowhere near the starting line up. He can't actually do too much damage coming on at 3-0 up with ten minutes to go as happened yesterday but he's an incredibly expensive benchwarmer for this level.

I didn't see any trouble either. Some Bury fans behind me coming out talking about the "classie third goal" was good to hear. 

Today (below) we are 6th, 12 points behind Shrews with a game in hand. Look at Millwall last year, 9th spot 13 behind with a game in hand and still got promoted. Ok football's a funny old game but we're heading in the right direction compared with this time last year.

CHAMPIONSHIP  last year   League 1 today           LEAGUE 1 last year  
  Team P GD Pts  

Team P GD Pts     Team P GD Pts
16 Aston Villa 17 1 22   1 Shrewsbury 17 15 40   1 Scunthorpe 17 21 37
17 Ipswich 17 -3 21   2 Wigan 17 19 36   2 Bradford 17 12 32
18 Nottm Forest 17 -3 19                        
19 Wolves 17 -2 18   3 Bradford 18 7 33   3 Sheff Utd 16 11 31
20 Burton 17 -5 18   4 Scunthorpe 18 9 32   4 Bolton 17 8 31
21 Cardiff 17 -10 18   5 Charlton 16 7 31   5 Peterborough 17 8 26
            6 Blackburn 16 12 28   6 Bristol Rovers 17 -1 26
22 Blackburn 17 -8 16                        
23 Wigan 17 -5 15               7 Port Vale 17 -3 25
24 Rotherham 17 -24 7               8 Northampton 17 3 24
                        9 Millwall 16 2 24
                        10 Wimbledon 17 2 24

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

In terms of size and hold up play. Not finishing. 

Graham hold the ball up? :lol:

He more bothered playing the defender then actually watching and playing the ball. If he actually.watch the ball more he might hold the ball up. 

No, not alike at all. One is young and quite skinny, one was much bigger. Roberts could hold it up but had a terrible first touch and couldnt finish. Nuttall seems the opposite.

So why did you pick him in your team then?! 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No, not alike at all. One is young and quite skinny, one was much bigger. Roberts could hold it up but had a terrible first touch and couldnt finish. Nuttall seems the opposite.

So why did you pick him in your team then?! 

Already answered but like per usual you clearly havent properly read it or just ignored it. 

45 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

I didn't see any trouble either. Some Bury fans behind me coming out talking about the "classie third goal" was good to hear. 

Today (below) we are 6th, 12 points behind Shrews with a game in hand. Look at Millwall last year, 9th spot 13 behind with a game in hand and still got promoted. Ok football's a funny old game but we're heading in the right direction compared with this time last year.

CHAMPIONSHIP  last year   League 1 today           LEAGUE 1 last year  
  Team P GD Pts  

Team P GD Pts     Team P GD Pts
16 Aston Villa 17 1 22   1 Shrewsbury 17 15 40   1 Scunthorpe 17 21 37
17 Ipswich 17 -3 21   2 Wigan 17 19 36   2 Bradford 17 12 32
18 Nottm Forest 17 -3 19                        
19 Wolves 17 -2 18   3 Bradford 18 7 33   3 Sheff Utd 16 11 31
20 Burton 17 -5 18   4 Scunthorpe 18 9 32   4 Bolton 17 8 31
21 Cardiff 17 -10 18   5 Charlton 16 7 31   5 Peterborough 17 8 26
            6 Blackburn 16 12 28   6 Bristol Rovers 17 -1 26
22 Blackburn 17 -8 16                        
23 Wigan 17 -5 15               7 Port Vale 17 -3 25
24 Rotherham 17 -24 7               8 Northampton 17 3 24
                        9 Millwall 16 2 24
                        10 Wimbledon 17 2 24

You do know Millwall scraped into the play offs in 6th place, 27 points behind the league winners don't you?

People have been clamouring for Mowbrary to give Nuttall a chance. He gives him a start for the first time in the league and we win comfortably 3-0 and yet people still complain! Personally think we might have finally found our best eleven. Antonsson looks twice the player playing from a wide position and he should stay there. Back four looks settled,  and our defensive record when Downing has played is ridiculously good.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Are you Graham's Mum/Dad, brothet/sister or agent?

It's quite clear imo the lazy so and so should be nowhere near the starting line up. He can't actually do too much damage coming on at 3-0 up with ten minutes to go as happened yesterday but he's an incredibly expensive benchwarmer for this level.

Wouldn't say lazy just immobile. Best striker the club has is Samuel by far.

32 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You do know Millwall scraped into the play offs in 6th place, 27 points behind the league winners don't you?

I wonder what kind of budget Millwall had compared to ours now ?

A fraction i'd guess.   They over performed, damn long time since any Rovers team did :(

Had a great day yesterday - fantastic following, the performance was decent and was great to win 3-0 without ever getting out of first gear, will hopefully have a bit of energy to take to Oxford.

Dack is integral to this team. Nuttall was okay for me, he seemed to have a bit of something about him, even if it didn't always work out.

Happy Rover, Mowbray seems to have found a winning team and Dack is central to this at number 10.

He's had some stick, but two great finishes by Antonnsen. 

43 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Play off winners normally have momentum. Top two are normally most consistent over the season. Those consistently top half tend to stay just that.

Our record in the play-offs is actually pretty dreadful. And heartbreaking. :( 

Just now, grizfoot said:

People have been clamouring for Mowbrary to give Nuttall a chance. He gives him a start for the first time in the league and we win comfortably 3-0 and yet people still complain! Personally think we might have finally found our best eleven. Antonsson looks twice the player playing from a wide position and he should stay there. Back four looks settled,  and our defensive record when Downing has played is ridiculously good.

Good post. People have been complaining about Nuttall but Dack and Antonsson thrived yesterday so Nuttall's presence on the pitch can't have done them any harm.

Nuttall will have learned from Bury- glad he had the scoring burst he did in his introduction to first team football.

Even though they are all limited, at least we have 4 strikers to select from, all of whom have had little purple patches of scoring goals.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

I wonder what kind of budget Millwall had compared to ours now ?

A fraction i'd guess.   They over performed, damn long time since any Rovers team did :(

Agree. The point being the poster comparing us now to Millwall last year and saying they were 13 points behind top spot and still got promoted.

Valid point if they finished first or second but they were miles behind the principals and scraped through the play offs. If using Millwall as an example of why all is not over this season, you could also use the other 3 play off contenders as an example of why you need to finish top 2.  

What I would add to this thread is there are a lot of comments about how we won despite being poor on Saturday. 

Really?

We had a slow start but once we scored (with a quality goal) we were always in complete control of that game. Bury wouldn't have scored if they were still playing now. I'm often critical of Mowbray and the team in general but when we go away from home and stroll to 3-0 victory, I'm not going to come out with tripe like "we were poor".

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

What I would add to this thread is there are a lot of comments about how we won despite being poor on Saturday. 

Really?

We had a slow start but once we scored (with a quality goal) we were always in complete control of that game. Bury wouldn't have scored if they were still playing now. I'm often critical of Mowbray and the team in general but when we go away from home and stroll to 3-0 victory, I'm not going to come out with tripe like "we were poor".

I'm never seeing a game in decades where 0-3 is lucky?Fans give praises through grinding teeth,why?

0-3 is great win,enjoy the score.

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Really?

We deserved to win, we were better than they were and yes, once we got our noses in front they never really looked like scoring and we ended up winning comfortably. I'm not going to criticise or complain about that.

I do however think we will need to be better than we were on Saturday moving forward if we want to move up this league.

My concern stems from the chances we are creating. Fortunately on Saturday we converted all our chances when they came due to quality finishing. But other than the 3 goals (all created through one player) opportunities were rare. This has been the case most of the season - I don't think we are creative enough and when playing better sides than Bury or when we aren't as efficient or ruthless as Saturday we are going to struggle to score goals and break teams down.

As I say, not criticising anyone after a 3-0 away win but I don't think everything in the garden is rosy and I do think we have work to do on our approach to games and forward play to get anywhere near our 'target' - the consequences of not doing could well be catastrophic given this manager has a competitive Championship wage budget at his disposal.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Really?

That's one of our problems - if we score first and score early we don't do too badly. If we don't score the longer the game goes on the more we're likely to struggle.  

glad we won 3-0 as really that should be mimimum after my local non league side beat them 3-0 midweek. So shows there very poor opposition.

As for the comparisons to millwall rubbish were not in the same situation.. we should be looking to grab that 2nd place off wigan as we would go 5 points behind if we win our game in hand. For me Shrewsbury are looking everything like champions and running away with it and are too far ahead unless they explode. To make up just the 5 points on wigan between now and end of season is easily do-able. We must find that consitancey quickly though. And how we win shouldnt really matter as long as we do.

Archived