BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Winter Wonderland 7th December

Stuart

18 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I know my little girl will enjoy it

i really can't understand why anybody would be critical of such an event which is really for kids to enjoy. I will be taking my granddaughter who is looking forward to it.

People should think about the tone of that article in proximity to recent events. My main feeling as I wrote that was the club didn't give a toss about kids (or fans of any age) when they were objecting to the community they care so much about over Brockhall. Also someone with a wilting rose logo has to decide whether they are killing the club or not. There's no inbetween either they are or they aren't. I was going to suggest boycotting this event but to placate those critical I'll retract the suggestion and perhaps not bother making any at all since nobody listens.

As for Wilkinson that remark was based on a column in which you were complaining about some kids seated near you. I'll retract that part of the statement as an exaggeration influenced admittedly by comments like calling respect for Jack Walker "pious". 

Jesus mate you've got some ego.

Please don't patronise me (and many others no doubt) by trying to placate me because you wanted to suggest boycotting the event. Is it any wonder nobody listens.

Speaking of boycotting I'm putting you on ignore so I don't see your inane egotistical crap.

• 3 weeks later...

I took my granddaughter to this event last night and despite the awful weather it appeared to go well. The players and management mingled with the crowds, posed for photographs and chatted. Some also had buckets and collected money for charity. There was a stage in front on the Blackburn End for the Carol Concert and characters from Cinderella also entertained the crowd. The players sang on the stages and Samuel and Dack were 'interviewed' by the ugly sisters. In fairness they took it in good part.

Well done Rovers.

My only gripe was the prices of the kiddies rides and food outside the stadium. Out of Rovers control but for future maybe peg the prices back.

15 hours ago, arbitro said:

I took my granddaughter to this event last night and despite the awful weather it appeared to go well. The players and management mingled with the crowds, posed for photographs and chatted. Some also had buckets and collected money for charity. There was a stage in front on the Blackburn End for the Carol Concert and characters from Cinderella also entertained the crowd. The players sang on the stages and Samuel and Dack were 'interviewed' by the ugly sisters. In fairness they took it in good part.

Well done Rovers.

My only gripe was the prices of the kiddies rides and food outside the stadium. Out of Rovers control but for future maybe peg the prices back.

Were there many there Arbitro?

8 hours ago, TBTF said:

Were there many there Arbitro?

Rovers have reported 'thousands' on their website and I wouldn't disagree. There are some good photographs too.

There are plenty of things we can castigate Rovers for but this was one for which they deserve praise.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/december/winter-wonderland-a-success/

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/december/winter-wonderland-gallery/

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hope they make it an annual thing, a Sunday afternoon would be perfect but I imagine a lot of the players go home on a Sunday 

Normally players are contractually forbidden from going out after Wednesday but sensibly this was relaxed. If we don't perform today and lose cue the rumours of players being drunk on mulled wine ?.

The 'culture' that developed under the previous period of stability thankfully seems to have been knocked on the head and looking in from outside this bunch of lads seems a bit more settled than some of the previous set of jack the lads.

Slowly getting the right types in, hungry to do well, good togetherness and spirit not based soley around going on the pish at every opportunity and having a holiday camp training ground mentality now hopefully.

Long may it continue.

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Rovers have reported 'thousands' on their website and I wouldn't disagree. There are some good photographs too.

There are plenty of things we can castigate Rovers for but this was one for which they deserve praise.

Large

You just know Dack went home with his. Dom looks genuinely scared behind the forced smile:D

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 06:53, arbitro said:

Thanks Arbitro and glad your granddaughter enjoyed it too.  Good times have been in short supply especially for younger ones (and anybody under 7 years old wouldn't know the meaning !!) 

Well done Rovers ........all adds to the feeling that if we had proper owners running the show properly we would soon be buzzing and belonging again.

Archived