• Gladwin
    • Dack
    • Bennett
    • Samuel
    • Graham
    • Antonsson
    • Nuttall

Who makes the BRFCS 11?

I'll start with: Raya; Nyambe, Wharton (is he even fit?), Mulgrew, Williams; Whittingham, Smallwood; Samuel (is he allowed to play? If not i'll remove him!), Dack, Antonsson; Nuttall.

• J*B pinned this topic

I've gone for 

Raya

Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams.

Bennett, Smallwood,  Whittingham, Conway .

Dack.

Samuel.

I liked the look of Wharton even though I only saw a 30 minute cameo. I liked the way he passed the ball accurately from the back amongst other things.

I did consider playing Wharton instead of Mulgrew and Mulgrew instead of  Whittingham. Maybe I will.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've gone for 

Raya

Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams.

Bennett, Smallwood,  Whittingham, Conway .

Dack.

Samuel.

I liked the look of Wharton even though I only saw a 30 minute cameo. I liked the way he passed the ball accurately from the back amongst other things.

I did consider playing Wharton instead of Mulgrew and Mulgrew instead of  Whittingham. Maybe I will.

Conway has a hamstring injury so is unavailable

Just now, dallydally said:

Conway has a hamstring injury so is unavailable

Cheers. Conway's another one that has to be wrapped in cotton wool and can't be expected to finish a game along with Evans , Graham and possibly Mulgrew.

I might be tempted to move Whittingham out wide and put Evans in centre midfield. Whittingham isn't quick but then neither is Conway. That's if Evans hasn't got injured watching the midweek international. Either that or play Gladwin out there. He's not a winger by any means but he'll contribute more than Antonnson.

40 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Cheers. Conway's another one that has to be wrapped in cotton wool and can't be expected to finish a game along with Evans , Graham and possibly Mulgrew.

I might be tempted to move Whittingham out wide and put Evans in centre midfield. Whittingham isn't quick but then neither is Conway. That's if Evans hasn't got injured watching the midweek international. Either that or play Gladwin out there. He's not a winger by any means but he'll contribute more than Antonnson.

Will he? Antonsson hasn't been impressive to say the least but Gladwin has been nothing short of terrible. It isn't even like playing with 10 men on the pitch- more like 9.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Will he? Antonsson hasn't been impressive to say the least but Gladwin has been nothing short of terrible. It isn't even like playing with 10 men on the pitch- more like 9.

Did you go to the Egg Cup game at Rochdale ? Gladwin did OK there. Not great,  but nobody was great that night. I thought I could see a footballer in there. He's not a winger though , more an attacking central midfield player.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Did you go to the Egg Cup game at Rochdale ? Gladwin did OK there. Not great,  but nobody was great that night. I thought I could see a footballer in there. He's not a winger though , more an attacking central midfield player.

I didn't. In fact the last game I was on was vs Plymouth. I play football most Saturdays and there's always been something on to stop me going to the games midweek. I actually bought tickets for Fleetwood + Rochdale but couldn't go unfortunately.

Every time I have seen Gladwin he has left a really bad taste in my mouth. I hope to be proven wrong in the future. He seems to have a good touch but everything else about his game screams headless chicken.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Dack

Graham Nuttall

In my opinion Dack is wasted playing out wide,but with Conway and Chapman out then maybe needs must.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:
5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I might be tempted to move Whittingham out wide and put Evans in centre midfield. Whittingham isn't quick but then neither is Conway

Evans is suspended tomorrow. I wouldn't put Whittingham anywhere near the wing. He's makes Conway look like Windy Miller.

Reading the final two paragraphs of this article suggest Mowbray won't be going with 4-4-2 tomorrow 

Suspension_could_prove_beneficial_for_Corry_Evans_says_Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15666615.Suspension_could_prove_beneficial_for_Corry_Evans_says_Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray/?ref=mrb&lp=17#comments-anchor

Just now, islander200 said:

Reading the final two paragraphs of this article suggest Mowbray won't be going with 4-4-2 tomorrow 

“If that’s the problem then we have to maybe find a different way of doing things. We might end up playing wide strikers and an extra midfield player, we don’t have to play with wingers.

“You could play three at the back with wing-backs, you have to find a different way of doing things and hopefully we can while still being able to score goals and win games.”

The tinkerman loves it! He'll be boring his family witless tonight about how he's going to bamboozle the Barcelona of Greater Manchester with his tactical majesty!

Just now, islander200 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15666615.Suspension_could_prove_beneficial_for_Corry_Evans_says_Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray/?ref=mrb&lp=17#comments-anchor

I don't like the sound of those quotes.

• Backroom
7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Dack

Graham Nuttall

Yep I've gone for the same players just not convinced of the role for Dack who is at the moment our danger man 

Dont have a good feeling about this one. His comments already have me nervous. Wide forwards? That means Antonsson will play.

Have to say I agree with Chaddy's lineup to start the game at least.

Raya

Bennett Smallwood Whits Dack

Graham and Nuttall

Not much width but with Chapman and Conway out we are pretty screwed in that area now. Dack wide is not ideal but he can move behind the front two if we are on the front foot.

Not expecting much from here though we SHOULD be expecting to win. I'm already prepared for another season in League 1 and witnessing the club falling even further into oblivion.

Archived