SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford away Tuesday

jim mk2

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You wouldn't remember them knocking us out of the FA Cup a couple of years later then ? It's probably still our worst defeat in my time. The consequences were our second best centre forward ever leaving and the gradual decline of a superb footballing team.

Please don't. One of the biggest shocks of my life. 

I think yesterday TM should have freshened it up as soon as the 3rd goal was scored. It would have given the team impetus and the subs enough time to make a play for a starting spot on Tuesday, this is a game we should win and I hope we begin to see a building of momentum with a number of winnable games in front of us. 21 wins required,,

For me as much as I'm not a fan of the likes of Bennett, you simply don't mess about with a side that has just won 3-0 away ftom home so, injuries permitting you should start with the same side. It's madness to do otherwise.

That said I suspect Tinkerman Tony just won't be able to resist dropping Nuttall after him going an entire 90 minutes without a goal, and bringing the lumbering Graham back in. If he does that and we fail to get the 3 points then he deserves all the criticism coming his way. If it ain't broke dont fix it and he's already deviated from a seemingly winning formula several times this season and it hasn't worked.

If however he does make one or more changes and we win, fair play, he's paid to manage the team, make decisions and get results.

Biggest game of the season so far? I guess they all are in a way but another comfortable win would surely send some confidence through our club and a shockwave around the division?

Prediction wise, I can see us losing or drawing this so looking to be proven wrong. Dack to continue his climb to full cylinders and “The Nut” to bag.

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham 

Bennett.             Dack.      Antonsson  

Nuttall 

That’d be my team. Dack to raise hell.

1 hour ago, Garage Flower said:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham 

Bennett.             Dack.      Antonsson  

Nuttall 

That’d be my team. Dack to raise hell.

I'd go with that but swap Caddis for nyambe and Samuel for nuttall with the nut coming on later

12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Is it part of the deal with the wacky Yank?!

Speaking of the ‘wacky Yank’ (who I totally love), here’s this weeks... 

Cass the Cat predicts!

I’m all but certain this isn’t what Glenn wanted when he gave me admin status. 

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'd go with that but swap Caddis for nyambe and Samuel for nuttall with the nut coming on later

Caddis is solid but he’s scared to commit himself to attack too much and if I was Caddis I’d do the same to be honest.

Can see Samuel getting the nod but I want Nuttall to start another game, don’t wanna have bagged all them goals then two off the bench to be given 90 mins then sat on bench for rest of th season. 

17 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

Caddis is solid but he’s scared to commit himself to attack too much and if I was Caddis I’d do the same to be honest.

Can see Samuel getting the nod but I want Nuttall to start another game, don’t wanna have bagged all them goals then two off the bench to be given 90 mins then sat on bench for rest of th season. 

I just think Samuel holds the ball up better, wins headers and has more football intelligence when making runs. Samuels finishing let's him down. I understand why you want nuttall to start and would be happy for him to get the nod with Samuel to bring on. I agree with the Caddis comment and offers little if nothing going forward but away from home against a decent side I would feel more confident having him their . Nyambe isn't great going forward and is isn't assured at the back. At least with Caddis your less likely to concede Imo. It's games like this we will miss Chapman's pace and ability to compensate caddis' lack of attacking ability . I'm not convinced by nyambe defending or attacking not to say he won't improve or he is awful . I'd prefer nyambe at home against teams that sit deep

Archived