BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford away Tuesday

jim mk2

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

Err - we're playing Peterborough away in 17 days time, well before Christmas and still in the first half of the season. It's Charlton we won't have played away - it's the last away game of the season and promotion party day.

So it is my bad got mixed up there the point is kinda the same

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

Sir, I cannot believe that nearly 24hours after the game you are continuing to peddle this nonsense. It used to be a sign of a respected academic that he or she admits due to the welter of overwhelming evidence that they are wrong, apologise and move on with their reputation still intact.

Where's the evidence?:lol: I saw what happened with my own eyes. If the evidence is the opinions of some fans on here, you're overestimating the footballing knowledge of the average Rovers fan. Am I supposed to apologise for thinking we were poor last night? And as I said before, I don't give a shit about my reputation on here.

5 minutes ago, JAL said:

For you guys and gals who went to the game why does the Telegraph reporter talk about positive pressing when in the video for Oxford's first Ryan Nyambe does anything buy press the Oxford goalscorer. 

Probably because they really did press hard and very effectively for the first 30mins or so - my son who was at the game with me made a point of commenting to me about  it - the Oxford players didn't get any time on the ball at all. The problem was we then were either too tired to keep doing it, or just relaxed because we were 3-0 up and didn't keep it going..... and that's when they scored.

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

If the game was like yesterday where is was a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions, yes. Especially those fans sat right in the corner of the ground with a poor view, like most Rovers fans were yesterday. Also, fans that have spent hundreds of quid on getting there are probably just delighted to simply see a win.

I had a great view of the game at the ground yesterday thanks.  Clearly we might as well shut all the grounds and watch on TV.  You really are the type of fan who Sky love.

4 minutes ago, TonyM said:

Probably because they really did press hard and very effectively for the first 30mins or so - my son who was at the game with me made a point of commenting to me about  it - the Oxford players didn't get any time on the ball at all. The problem was we then were either too tired to keep doing it, or just relaxed because we were 3-0 up and didn't keep it going..... and that's when they scored.

Agree with that.  It was very noticeable that we played a high energy pressing game over the first half hour and completely knocked Oxford out of their stride.   The first Oxford goal saw Dack, Nyambe and Smallwood all beaten by a neat bit of skill.  One of the three ought to have done better but it was more of a collective failure than any individual. 

33 minutes ago, TonyM said:

Cheers TonyM the games an hour and a half plus though not 30 mins or so, thank god the opposition where weak on the day.

23 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Agree with that.  It was very noticeable that we played a high energy pressing game over the first half hour and completely knocked Oxford out of their stride.   The first Oxford goal saw Dack, Nyambe and Smallwood all beaten by a neat bit of skill.  One of the three ought to have done better but it was more of a collective failure than any individual. 

Nyambe is the defender parsons .

54 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I wouldn't blame the defenders at all. Give credit to the goalscorer for a nice piece of skill and a cracking shot. Raya never moved. They were at fault for the second though, which was a soft goal. 

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You've really got it in for him. What did he do , kick your dog ?

Want to buy the ticket but some things just don't add up to making that commitment, this guy is one, look forward to seeing him improve then I'll say how well he's doing.

Not a minute before though !

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I wouldn't blame the defenders at all. Give credit to the goalscorer for a nice piece of skill and a cracking shot. Raya never moved. They were at fault for the second though, which was a soft goal. 

Totally agree jim.  Sometimes you have to just applaud a very good piece of play by the opposition.  I just felt that three players were around him and one might have been able to get in a block.  Jal simply doesn't like Ryan or anyone who has a particular agent he doesn't like.  

4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I had a great view of the game at the ground yesterday thanks.  Clearly we might as well shut all the grounds and watch on TV.  You really are the type of fan who Sky love.

Completely agree. I went. Had a great view. And thought we played well. Thoroughly enjoyable match. 

6 hours ago, JAL said:

Want to buy the ticket but some things just don't add up to making that commitment, this guy is one, look forward to seeing him improve then I'll say how well he's doing.

Not a minute before though !

So you're not going to buy a ticket, but you look forward to seeing him improve? How will that work then? Will you be round at RV's? Perhaps his tele also has a setting to remove any of Nyambes decent play as well as any of our goals? Or maybe there's a "Remove Objectivity" setting? The "7 Yrs+" button.

Thanks for posting that one in a Donald Trump tweet style though! 

13 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I've explained why I said that people who go to difficult to get to games are more likely to be enthusiastic about the current state of affairs than those that didn't go, it's hardly a controversial statement. I watched 70 minutes, not 20 minutes, which is an absolutely massive difference and I never claimed that I saw the full game, I said from what I saw it was the worst performance of the season. There doesn't seem to be any on here that saw the game but didn't go to the game.

Also, I don't give a shit if you or anyone thinks I'm in a hole... I gave my opinion on the game and I don't give a shit whether you or anyone else disagrees with it.

It's obvious you do give a shit or you would not post such shit to get such shit and then try to defend it with such vigour.  I apologize for getting the times wrong but you know what I mean.  It's nuts.and you know it.  I have been coming on here a long time and never put anyone on ignore, You will be the first.  I know, you don't give a shit.

12 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Especially those fans sat right in the corner of the ground with a poor view, like most Rovers fans were yesterday.

Pitch-side, whether it's in the centre or edge of the stand, is probably a far better view than what you get at most away games behind the goal.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15677801.Simon_Smith__Rovers_support_must_bring_positive_attitude/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

It's all gone a bit California airhead 'positive' mentality nonsense at the LT. A shockingly poor article, so light on detail it could float away.

Remember fans, if we think 'positive' we'll win every game.

10 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I can 100% guarentee that if you were sat with the away fans on Tuesday, your view was nowhere near as good as the view you'd get on TV. I would much rather watch the game at the ground though, so no, I'm not "the type of fan Sky love", I have actually boycotted Sky since Kean was our manager because of how they treated us, when you probably agreed with Nicholas & co. saying that we should "get behind the lads ffs!!"

40 minutes ago, USABlue said:

It's obvious you do give a shit or you would not post such shit to get such shit and then try to defend it with such vigour.  I apologize for getting the times wrong but you know what I mean.  It's nuts.and you know it.  I have been coming on here a long time and never put anyone on ignore, You will be the first.  I know, you don't give a shit.

If I make a point, I will defend the point, whether you agree or not doesn't matter to me. You're right on your last sentence.

• Backroom

A lot of people are going a bit OTT on RV imo.

If you start watching AFTER we're 3-0 up (as he did) then the remaining goals add up to a 2-1 'loss' which is all he watched. Over the course of those 60mins (the only thing he's commented on), it looks as if we probably didn't play very well.

I'm sure why that's hard to understand. To describe it as 'shit' is a very bigoted mindset.

23 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I can 100% guarentee that if you were sat with the away fans on Tuesday, your view was nowhere near as good as the view you'd get on TV. I would much rather watch the game at the ground though, so no, I'm not "the type of fan Sky love", I have actually boycotted Sky since Kean was our manager because of how they treated us, when you probably agreed with Nicholas & co. saying that we should "get behind the lads ffs!!"

Afraid I can’t understand this. We had a good view on Tuesday night. Didn’t feel tucked away in the corner at all. If watching a game on TV gives such an advantageous outlook, why do managers sit pitchside rather than in a TV room out the back...

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Afraid I can’t understand this. We had a good view on Tuesday night. Didn’t feel tucked away in the corner at all. If watching a game on TV gives such an advantageous outlook, why do managers sit pitchside rather than in a TV room out the back...

To be fair Jose, Big Sam and Fergie have sat in the stands watching a TV feed for the first half to get an idea of how the game was playing out.

27 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

At Oxford away fans are housed along the side of the pitch in quite a modern large stand free of supporting pillars. As long as you don't sit in the very corner or the very bottom of the stand then your view is comparable to that of the TV cameras housed in the opposite stand.

I can accept that at many away grounds the view on TV is from a better position than where the away fans are housed - Bury, Oldham, Bradford spring to mind - but at Oxford away fans are actually in one of the best positions in the stadium and one of the best viewpoints of all the grounds I have been on as an away fan.

I try to limit my exposure to TV coverage of matches because of bias and drivel coming out of the commentators and the over the top hype that comes with a bog standard league fixture. I started watching Ipswich v Sheff Wed last night and they were trying to whip it up into a frenzy talking about a bumper crowd and large travelling contingent and promotion clash. In reality there were 15,000 on including just over 1,000 away fans and they were the very definition of two mid table sides.

Whilst the vantage point from away ends are usually inferior to those of the tv cameras I much prefer to watch a match at the ground as you can see the full pitch and observe what you want to observe rather than what the camera man with his replays wants you to see.

35 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

When you watch on TV you see what a TV director allows you to see.  You don't see the movement off the ball in the build up to a variety of situations.  You are watching a limited amount of the pitch at all times.  I think my view was far better than being allowed to watch that small area the camera picks up.

Archived