BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford away Tuesday

jim mk2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's a football forum. It's for people to vent their opinions on. It's Blackburn Rovers not Hitler's Nazi Germany.  I disagree with lots of posters on here. Do I want them silenced ? No. They're entitled to speak out just like you are.

If it bends you out of shape so badly the solution is obvious.

I'm loathed to even debate the subject with you TS because it's attention seeking bunkum, but to slag the team and manager off from your bedroom in East Lancs when 0-3 up away from home is the very reason why this site is like it is these days.

Its not an opinion it's a complete wind up, and long standing posters like yourself should know better.

• J*B locked this topic
  • J*B unlocked this topic
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mike E said:

So despite it being 'laughable', you actually agree with RV Blue's entire point. He thinks we played poorly for the latter 60 minutes.

It is a regular criticism of Rovers since we were relegated from the PL that we only turn up for half a game, so I'm amazed he's been met with such ferocity just because we were 3-0 up when he started watching (and he has been at pains to say he was ONLY commenting on that period of play he saw).

This site is rapidly becoming a parody of itself, with seemingly no opportunity to express an opinion without being hounded by the masses who disagree (even though they are blind to the fact they actually agree, and are just choosing to exclude RV's context by demanding he includes theirs).

How on earth can you read what I said and get that I agree with his entire point?  I've got no issue with people complaining but I find it pretty bizarre and nit picking after a 4-2 win away to a decent side in this league.  Fully accept we didn't play great for most of the last 60 minutes but given we had a 2 goal cushion for the majority of that period it's not hugely surprising and tbh didn't take even an ounce of gloss of a great away trip for me.  

Delighted to hear the players come out and say they were annoyed at letting standards slip though it's a good sign.  My point on it being laughable is you can't ignore the context of why we sat back and the overall picture.  Anybody suggesting as he did that Tuesday showed why we won't go up is just utterly wrong and/or on the wind up so I'm not sure why you struggle to see that.

16 minutes ago, Manchester Blue said:

Anybody suggesting as he did that Tuesday showed why we won't go up is just utterly wrong and/or on the wind up so I'm not sure why you struggle to see that.

BDS summed it up well, if the score was opppsite, and our team played well in that spell, but couldn’t bring it back level and we lost - the criticism would’ve come in a different way.

This is the same poster who famously called TM “thick as mince” after less than 10 games and called for his immediate sacking. 

If you make poor posts or questionable opinions, they’ll be argued with!

37 minutes ago, Manchester Blue said:

How on earth can you read what I said and get that I agree with his entire point?  I've got no issue with people complaining but I find it pretty bizarre and nit picking after a 4-2 win away to a decent side in this league.  Fully accept we didn't play great for most of the last 60 minutes but given we had a 2 goal cushion for the majority of that period it's not hugely surprising and tbh didn't take even an ounce of gloss of a great away trip for me.  

Delighted to hear the players come out and say they were annoyed at letting standards slip though it's a good sign.  My point on it being laughable is you can't ignore the context of why we sat back and the overall picture.  Anybody suggesting as he did that Tuesday showed why we won't go up is just utterly wrong and/or on the wind up so I'm not sure why you struggle to see that.

So the players can nitpick but the fans can't, do you know how nonsensical you sound? Our performance after the third goal was unacceptable, it is as simple as that. Sitting back when a few goals up is understandable and natural, nowhere have I said that sitting back was an issue. The issue was that we couldn't string two passes together and after they scored their first, of our players looked shell shocked and didn't want the ball, then Mowbray inexplicably finished the game with 3 strikers which left us wide open at the back and no one really knew where they were playing. If we want to get promoted, these issues can't be brushed under the carpet because we managed to come out with a win, they have to be talked about and tried to be put right, because next time we might not be so lucky.

47 minutes ago, Manchester Blue said:

So, what you are essentially saying, is that you agree the final 60 minutes was disappointing and lackadasical? 

1 hour ago, meadows said:

Not Sure if a moderator closing a thread “because I’m bored with it” is the way to go. 

Immature and fuel to the fire for those who label it a private bickering club for squabbling nutcases. 

Very disappointing 

I'm not sure how BRFCS can be labelled a private bickering club, the rules are pinned the front page and we're actively encouraging people to report anything that breaks the rules. We've even said if you think the rules can be adapted to improve the forum, send us your suggestions! 

There hasn't been a single report on this thread. Not one piece of content here has offended a poster enough to press the report button. The thread has been locked to allow posters to cool off and now reopened, after some warnings have been issued for content we're not happy with. If it maintains discussion (as above between Manchester Blue and Dreams of 1995) then thats exactly what we're trying to promote. If it descends into bickering again we will issue more warnings.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Manchester Blue said:

Compare and contrast your own words in bold.

If nobody 'nitpicked', you'd never improve! Indeed, the players have 'nitpicked', most likely Mowbray has too. Fans doing so is only natural.

Ask Liverpool fans this week how easy it is to concede a 3-goal lead.

As for seeing games out my problem is when its to "show mercy" so to speak as it shows weakness. I remember Villa 3-0 up against 8 men at Newcastle and they seemed to be holding back from further punishment. That ex Swansea striker Michu claims they "took it easy" on Bradford at 4-0 up in the LC final. OK maybe that's an extreme example (I would probably let it go having just won a cup final) but in the league that's unacceptable. Especially when goal difference potentially comes into it. I don't think that was entirely the case at Oxford (with them likely to improve which they did) so better maybe to be cautious.

52 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Compare and contrast your own words in bold.

If nobody 'nitpicked', you'd never improve! Indeed, the players have 'nitpicked', most likely Mowbray has too. Fans doing so is only natural.

Ask Liverpool fans this week how easy it is to concede a 3-goal lead.

I can only keep repeating that I've no issue with people finding fault with some elements, what I have an issue with are the phrases used such as the last 60 minutes shows why we won't go up.  It's daft, it's taking things out of context and in no way reflective of the game as a whole.  

42 minutes ago, meadows said:

So no one has offended anyone and no one has complained but you took it upon yourself to lock it because - your words - “I’m bored” !

I suggest you perhaps set up your own message board if you want to run one as your personal fiefdom.  

I took it upon myself to lock it because it hadn't been moderated and the comments suggested it needed it to be - Gav's post a prime example of a complaint about the thread without an actual report. My exact words where 'I'm bored going round and round in circles' - as I was doing trying to work out where the thread was derailed. I worked through what needed to be moderated, issued warnings and reopened it.

With all due respect, I could lock every single thread if I wanted to. Any more thread derailment, or discussion on moderation, will receive warnings. Talk about Oxford here, or don't post. Any admin/mod comments into Ask Admin please.

23 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's a football forum. It's for people to vent their opinions on. It's Blackburn Rovers not Hitler's Nazi Germany.  I disagree with lots of posters on here. Do I want them silenced ? No. They're entitled to speak out just like you are.

If it bends you out of shape so badly the solution is obvious.

He has a point does Gav and yes the solution is obvious but bitch slapping everyone is just not a viable option.

I know the solution you are referring to and to some degree that is what he is doing as none of us posts as frequently as we used to.

Archived