BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys 7 years on...

13 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

image.thumb.png.9310db657897f56c308f07a9463a2c67.png

Is " Bob " still around ?? That forecast is spookily accurate !!

There were a few, including me and the late lamented Gordon Moulden, who said it didn't look and feel right from  day one   but were shouted down by those taken in by the Raos rhetoric and dreaming of European trophies.  

Just now, jim mk2 said:

There were a few, including me and the late lamented Gordon Moulden, who said it didn't look and feel right from  day one   but were shouted down by those taken in by the Raos rhetoric and dreaming of European trophies.  

Me too Jim, I smelt a rat as soon as I discovered their background, or more accurately, their complete lack of background. 

2 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

8 years from FMC to Prem title and we've had 7 years of this shit.

We went up fast but we've come down quicker.

Watch the process, though. Managed decline/dumbing down expectations along with everything else. So much so that even I enjoyed an away win at Bury in the Third Division.

How would any of us have responded, if someone had told us in 2010? I guess we might have had a significant boycott.

Our fans were superb at Bury. They don't deserve this regime!

• Like 2

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

LT poll in 2010: 52% said Venkys were a good thing

They might have trusted the Walker Trust to have carried out a decent process! They might have trusted the Fit and Proper person test..or whatever it is called. 

Can't blame the supporters for the twisted, greedy actions of crooked Indians and their partners. FOV...

• Like 1

With the crock of crap pouring out of Rovers at every turn it's no wonder most were taken in by it, ok we might have thought a lot of it was pie in the sky but what actually followed came from the depths of hell.

Biggest sting in British football bar none, this club and those corrupt crackpots have created more undeserving millionaires in the last 7 years than the national lottery yet they behave like it's just lost coins down the settee whilst the club and fans suffer.

It would be unbelievable if it hadn't actually happened !

'Champions league football with 5 Million Investment'....that statement alone should have had the alarm bells ringing from here to Timbuktu.

'Sympathetic Claret'?....nahhhh.... your laughing your @#/? off at our demise and literally can't believe your luck we ended up with these clowns,all your dreams fulfilled.

Be honest now ;)

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

'Champions league football with 5 Million Investment'....that statement alone should have had the alarm bells ringing from here to Timbuktu.

'Sympathetic Claret'?....nahhhh.... your laughing your @#/? off at our demise and literally can't believe your luck we ended up with these clowns,all your dreams fulfilled.

Be honest now ;)

Despite the dog's abuse I took from roughly 1986 - 2012 ( ish ), from my Blue's supporting mates, the grown-up in me would prefer to see you lot get your Club back from these Clowns, have Rovers back in local hands and fighting back !! Burnley are incredibly fortunate to have the Board that we have, and financially, our recent success on the field could not have been better timed...

I've actually chipped in a couple of times to your various " fighting funds " ....I can't believe I'm actually admitting that, especially to someone with your User-name SG194 !  :rolleyes:

Edited by sympatheticclaret
  • Like 6

• Backroom
19 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

How would any of us have responded, if someone had told us in 2010? I guess we might have had a significant boycott.

Hah :lol: no, we would have just been told to get behind the lads, ffs.

22 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

When they appointed Kean it became very apparent yet those who spoke up about it were subjected to... "Get behind the team ffs!!!!!!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Hah :lol: no, we would have just been told to get behind the lads, ffs.

48 minutes ago, booth said:

When they appointed Kean it became very apparent yet those who spoke up about it were subjected to... "Get behind the team ffs!!!!!!"

Come on lads, you both know it’s never been and never will be as simple as support vs boycott, ergo pro Rao vs against Rao.

Edited by Biz

2 minutes ago, Rochdale Blue said:

Venky's share price has gone up over 7% today, 21% over the last 5 days!

There’s some sort of ban on any food coming from a cow in India. They’re about to get richer. 

5 hours ago, Biz said:

Come on lads, you both know it’s never been and never will be as simple as support vs boycott, ergo pro Rao vs against Rao.

I gather your research/experience of this hasn't stretched very far. For some people it is still that simple, you only need to browse general comments posted on Facebook/Twitter.

6 hours ago, booth said:

I gather your research/experience of this hasn't stretched very far. For some people it is still that simple, you only need to browse general comments posted on Facebook/Twitter.

You gather wrongly. 

There may be an absolute minority of fans who lack the common sense, or some with questionable motives for their opinions but to suggest a large slice would be “for” melting jacks statue is just troublemaking. Now I know you didn’t say that, but you did suggest all those who questioned Keans appointment met criticism from fans who didn’t, is equally baffling to me.

It’s absolute nonsense to think the majority supported SK and his appointment. From day one of his tenure *most Rovers fans knew the likely and eventual outcome. 

So please, I know most of us are angry and disillusioned but would it be at all possible to refrain from pointing fingers at each other?