BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys 7 years on...

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Speaking of revenue, what happened to the 1875 club lounge in the old Legends Lounge?

Big fanfare about it last season, nothing this. Unless the club is reserving it for all these fabled big Championship away followings?

They've opened the Legends Lounge for Leeds fans. Promoting it as the 'away fans lounge' and offering admission for £100+vat. Those who go in can either watch from inside or have a seat outside.

Just now, JHRover said:

They've opened the Legends Lounge for Leeds fans. Promoting it as the 'away fans lounge' and offering admission for £100+vat. Those who go in can either watch from inside or have a seat outside.

Fair enough, I suppose. But what about games like Brentford with a few hundred away fans?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Fair enough, I suppose. But what about games like Brentford with a few hundred away fans?

It's been shut every other game I think. Presume the trial last season wasn't too popular and so they aren't bothering with it.

No wonder, tired room with little drink choice plus a flatter atmosphere then what you’d get in the Blues Bar.

A better idea would be some kind of craft beer lounge etc. At least something a bit different. Charge an entry fee unless you’re in the 1875 club etc.

I’m all for increasing revenues but the powers that be need to show some initiative.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Wow,  £120.

Be interested to know how many takers there are at that price. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well for a start, yourself and Simon Garners are attacking him for using the personal pronoun "I". 

'attacking'!? SG just correctly pointed out he contradicted himself. I've been of the opinion from the start he's full of himself and corporate bullshit. Unless you know him personally and know different? He lacks the same kind of awareness of himself than he does about our historic gates...or you do about Kevin Hird. ? I played against Kevin Hird in the East Lancs League. I think he was playing for Kelbrook at the time, or some other god forbidden Burnley stronghold. He was still very good with the ball. I'm not sure any of that helps.? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

There is 'I' in we.

The point being made that he clearly contradicts himself.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

'attacking'!? SG just correctly pointed out he contradicted himself. I've been of the opinion from the start he's full of himself and corporate bullshit. Unless you know him personally and know different? He lacks the same kind of awareness of himself than he does about our historic gates...or you do about Kevin Hird. ? I played against Kevin Hird in the East Lancs League. I think he was playing for Kelbrook at the time, or some other god forbidden Burnley stronghold. He was still very good with the ball. I'm not sure any of that helps.? 

Did he contradict himself? He said it's about the club , not individuals ,but then went on to say "I" did this or "I" will do that. A slight contradiction perhaps, but lets put the tar and feathers away for now eh 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did he contradict himself? He said it's about the club , not individuals ,but then went on to say "I" did this or "I" will do that. A slight contradiction perhaps, but lets put the tar and feathers away for now eh 

Ok boss. Let us all know when we can have an opinion again.

Edited by blueboy3333

Apparently Venky’s read everything from a distance...

NEVER come back. Unless it’s at that point when you are completing the paperwork to sell up.

Waggott seems to be doing alright, Mowbray is doing great. Your presence is certainly not needed or wanted.

Some people might be trying to give you a free pass, claiming you have been duped - this let’s you off far too lightly, and besides, rank incompetence shouldn’t be any excuse for the damage you have caused.

PS. Apologise.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Apparently Venky’s read everything from a distance...

NEVER come back. Unless it’s at that point when you are completing the paperwork to sell up.

Waggott seems to be doing alright, Mowbray is doing great. Your presence is certainly not needed or wanted.

Some people might be trying to give you a free pass, claiming you have been duped - this let’s you off far too lightly, and besides, rank incompetence shouldn’t be any excuse for the damage you have caused.

PS. Apologise.

#VenkysOut Always and forever. It should never ever be forgiven or forgotten what they’ve done to our club. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

No wonder, tired room with little drink choice plus a flatter atmosphere then what you’d get in the Blues Bar.

A better idea would be some kind of craft beer lounge etc. At least something a bit different. Charge an entry fee unless you’re in the 1875 club etc.

I’m all for increasing revenues but the powers that be need to show some initiative.

Open up a bar with a choice of 2-3 decent real ales and glasses at a reasonable price and I'd be there every week. I ain't going to spend £4 on Fosters or John Smiths.

I'd like to know why/how Accy Stanley have a deal with Bowland Brewery to serve 'Accy Ale' at their ground yet you can't get a pint of real ale in any of Rovers' various bars.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

You know your bitterness only imprisons you lol

Haha I’m a pretty chilled forgiving sort of guy usually, but when it comes to the crooks that own our football club they make me angrier than JAL the time he bumped into Nyambe in Starbucks. 

• Like 1

A pub near us had a Craft Ale cart outside during the World Cup although it was American Ales obviously so as not to clash with their own stuff. Inside Wembly at the boxing the other week they had Real Ale carts and Gin carts next to the hotdog stands etc so surely something along those lines might be sourceable ?

On 15/10/2018 at 22:45, Butty said:

Haha I’m a pretty chilled forgiving sort of guy usually, but when it comes to the crooks that own our football club they make me angrier than JAL the time he bumped into Nyambe in Starbucks. 

Did this actually happen? Would have loved to have witnessed that. Imagine if Nyambe bumped into him - that would be one long rant about his lack of positional awareness and communication. Frapuccinos flying everywhere.

I bet JAL ordered a flat white with a white chocolate cookie whilst humming along to Half a Shilling.

47 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Did this actually happen? Would have loved to have witnessed that. Imagine if Nyambe bumped into him - that would be one long rant about his lack of positional awareness and communication. Frapuccinos flying everywhere.

I bet JAL ordered a flat white with a white chocolate cookie whilst humming along to Half a Shilling.

I'd be shocked if he head butted me because he doesn't like jumping up or heading on a football field. ?

Ryan 'please don't make me head that ball again boss, please boss, I'll do anything not to head that ball, again boss' Nyambe.

Edited by JAL

55 minutes ago, JAL said:

I'd be shocked if he head butted me because he doesn't like jumping up or heading on a football field. ?

Ryan 'please don't make me head that ball again boss, please boss, I'll do anything not to head that ball, again boss' Nyambe.

EC2CB88C-531A-4B0A-BEC6-3DAFC32CFDD3.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAL said:

So that's a vanilla slice for you and a pint of milk for Tommy Robinson is it

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading the tributes to Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, and comparing the obvious affection with which the fans, players and staff hold for him, to our shower. He attended every match, donated to good causes, cleared their debt, without then going on to rack up huge debts of his own. Most of all he seemed passionate about his purchase. Compare and contrast indeed.

• Like 6