BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys 7 years on...

18 hours ago, Biz said:

You gather wrongly. 

There may be an absolute minority of fans who lack the common sense, or some with questionable motives for their opinions but to suggest a large slice would be “for” melting jacks statue is just troublemaking. Now I know you didn’t say that, but you did suggest all those who questioned Keans appointment met criticism from fans who didn’t, is equally baffling to me.

It’s absolute nonsense to think the majority supported SK and his appointment. From day one of his tenure *most Rovers fans knew the likely and eventual outcome. 

So please, I know most of us are angry and disillusioned but would it be at all possible to refrain from pointing fingers at each other?

"Paranoia paranoia everybody's coming to get me..."

Bob's prediction is uncanny...however 7 years ago, many Rovers fans wanted hope to triumph over (other clubs') dodgy experiences with shoddy foreign ownership.

With foresight or hindsight, our decline, every step of the way, has not been normal or part of football's natural order of things. Obvious and instinctive to most Roverites, too many dispassionate observers have also said so.

Would bigger, better protests/boycotts have made any difference to our fate over this time? I don't believe so but even if it was the case, there is no gain for Rovers supporters in agonising and divisive finger-pointing now .

That said, the past and ongoing protests and boycotts on whatever scale against the owners and associated parasites have been and are still highly worthwhile. Resistance is not futile and eventually, this too will pass...

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 22/11/2017 at 23:03, Billinge End Blue said:

Bob's prediction is uncanny...however 7 years ago, many Rovers fans wanted hope to triumph over (other clubs') dodgy experiences with shoddy foreign ownership.

With foresight or hindsight, our decline, every step of the way, has not been normal or part of football's natural order of things. Obvious and instinctive to most Roverites, too many dispassionate observers have also said so.

Would bigger, better protests/boycotts have made any difference to our fate over this time? I don't believe so but even if it was the case, there is no gain for Rovers supporters in agonising and divisive finger-pointing now .

That said, the past and ongoing protests and boycotts on whatever scale against the owners and associated parasites have been and are still highly worthwhile. Resistance is not futile and eventually, this too will pass...

Good. Not time to change my name then!

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16982555.steve-waggott-on-the-relationship-with-rovers-owners-venkys/?ref=mac

Waggott on the owners. The building of trust with the current management seems to be a recurring theme. It's fair to say Venky's have been robbed blind by individuals previously at the club. However, the building of trust with the supporters from inside Ewood and in Pune is just as vital. 

It will be interesting to see what reception they get when they eventually return. I think they are banking on us being in the Prem when that happens.

• Like 1

I find it interesting that Waggott says the top question he gets from fans is about when the owners will next be coming to Blackburn. That is surprising to me as not only is it not really important whether the owners attend or not, but also I would imagine a large chunk of the support base would prefer it if they didn't attend.

Whatever they do they will be criticised - that's not trying to sympathise with them but is reality - if they continue to stay away some will complain that they aren't interested and if they start coming back some will say that they are shamelessly trying to piggy back on the positive progress recently and are distracting away from the manager and team.

I personally couldn't care less as long as they don't start meddling and wrecking things again, I think there are much more important questions for Waggott to answer rather than when the owners are next coming to Ewood.

I still have concerns about this whole 'trust' thing that both Mowbray and Waggott always reference when talking about the owners. It certainly seems that we're still stuck in their bizarre way of doing things where they have to build up and establish 'trust' in the staff before any serious progress can be made.

Of course I'm pleased if Mowbray and Waggott have managed to establish that trust and that bond with the owners, but I do worry about what happens if things take a downturn on the pitch what happens and also what happens when one day we need a new manager whether that person will have to embark upon a multi-year trust building exercise with them before they have enough faith to let him do the job.

Of course it's good that they don't want ripping off and being taken advantage of again and long may Mowbray's positive stewardship continue but I worry that there remains too much of this personal trust/bond and all hell breaks loose if that bond breaks down or ends and a new face arrives on the scene who has to win them over again. 

• Like 1

According to Mr Waggot all the fans and media are asking when Venkys will return? 

Really,well I never!! :huh:

Also this absolute pearler....

"I'm building a trust and on the way I'm building up the company on a very stable level."

And then....

"It’s not about individuals, it’s about Blackburn Rovers Football Club"

OH FFS!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

According to Mr Waggot all the fans and media are asking when Venkys will return? 

Really,well I never!! :huh:

Also this absolute pearler....

"I'm building a trust and on the way I'm building up the company on a very stable level."

And then....

"It’s not about individuals, it’s about Blackburn Rovers Football Club"

FFS!

It's been pretty clear from day one he's a big fan of himself. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why is it that so many fans on here default turn against anyone appointed to positions behind the scenes? It seems regardless of what they do or say, it's attack mode. 

People on here are responding to specifics i.e. what Waggott has said. You are making sweeping statements.

Could you be more specific about what you mean, with examples from the 'many fans on here'?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

People on here are responding to specifics i.e. what Waggott has said. You are making sweeping statements.

Could you be more specific about what you mean, with examples from the 'many fans on here'?

Well for a start, yourself and Simon Garners are attacking him for using the personal pronoun "I". 

The more I observe Waggott's actions and read his interviews It certainly appears that his primary remit here is to increase revenues and reduce costs. That's great but he needs to be careful how far he tries to push it, no matter how positive things are at present.

The main worry that I have is that Waggott and Mowbray have gone to India in January/June and said to Venkys 'back what we're trying to do and the fans will come flooding back and the club will perform much better' on the basis that thousands more would have bought tickets off promotion and now that hasn't happened they're getting nervous ahead of the next summit meeting when Mrs D might wonder what is happening and why crowds are the same or only slightly more despite buying into their vision, handing over a decent wedge of cash this summer and letting them get on with it. Hopefully I'm reading too much into it and this is all nonsense but i'll always have these sort of worries with Venkys.

It does all seem a bit bizarre that Waggott is so keen to boost revenues through daft things like the 1875 club and £50 price increases whilst the owners were seemingly desperate to make a statement by spending multi-millions on a teenager. Once again lends weight to the theory that the owners want the club to wash its own face in as far as it can but then every now and again they'll chuck some extra cash into the transfer/player wage pot. So whilst Waggott and Cheston scrimp and save and come up with various ways to grow revenues and the stadium looks a mess due to zero investment the football arm of the club receives its cash for players and wages.