BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Songs at Ewood

6 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

songs at Ewood... now that would be nice...

Alas, it has been morgue like for many years, akin to the surface of the moon in terms of the kind of atmosphere most of us have some fond (but steadily dwindling) memories of. Cheers, venkus skumus.

Ok but if we get ahead surely some songs will blast out. Am I better off going to the Blackburn end or staying in one of the main stands? 

It is a fine stadium, capable of rocking when conditions are right. Everyone likes to see the Rovers score, and it does normally generate a brief wave of energy. But it has been a long time since there was any real cohesion between the remaining pockets of die-hards who continue to warm the plastic thrones that Jack invested his generosity in.

Your best bet might be to get into the Blackburn End (I'm old fashioned and can't think of it as anything else) and move around to where the noise is best. Be warned, though: there are some unpleasant types with low IQs and very poor attitudes scattered liberally throughout, so it isn't really a family day out anymore., imo.

I do hope you enjoy your visit. It used to be a joy and something to look forward to with anticipation as the week went on - maybe it will be that someday again too.

Good luck!

Venkys OUT! Backwards stawt.

• Like 1

Well I hope you enjoy your day.

The honest truth is that a home game has a strong sense of Napoleon's beaten army . Hardened stragglers, trudging back from Moscow in the cold. Loss, malaise, grumbling resignation etc

Away from home, you would have no doubt that the flame still burns. You might enjoy our old sense of togetherness and "us against the world" camaraderie!

A prospective owner -and there are reported to have been at least five over the last few years-might watch the scenes at Rochdale and Bury and think this to be a worthwhile investment. 

A visit to Ewood? Think ruins after indiscriminate, dirty ,Venky bomb...

Happy Seventh Anniversary!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well I hope you enjoy your day.

The honest truth is that a home game has a strong sense of Napoleon's beaten army . Hardened stragglers, trudging back from Moscow in the cold. Loss, malaise, grumbling resignation etc

Away from home, you would have no doubt that the flame still burns. You might enjoy our old sense of togetherness and "us against the world" camaraderie!

A prospective owner -and there are reported to have been at least five over the last few years-might watch the scenes at Rochdale and Bury and think this to be a worthwhile investment. 

A visit to Ewood? Think ruins after indiscriminate, dirty ,Venky bomb...

Happy Seventh Anniversary!

The sterile environment of Ewood Park is only exacerbated by continuing to charge 20+ quid for walk ons. I took a few friends on early doors this season and they all begrudged paying that amount for the dreadful football and atmosphere.

It really is awful right now and a far cry from our away support. It is as if roles have reversed. We used to travel fairly well compared to some other clubs when in the PL but was never the largest of away followings but Ewood always seemed to have a good atmosphere - a bit of back and forth between the away fans happened whenever a well travelled club came.

Odd how things change

Noticed at Bury one of our older fans - and it was great to see both young and old getting behind the team - started the "when the blues go marking in" song. Would be great to hear that sound at home matches again as we once did on the Riverside many moons ago.

• Like 1

Such a pity it has gone that way. Still though I love going to Ewood. This will only be my second time and the last time I went in 2016 the list 1-2 to Leeds. So just hoping for a win but our home form can be flaky. Hopefully get over tonight with a win in Oxford. Any good pub near Ewood for a pre and post match pint? 

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

Bonus points for anyone who can turn "Back in Black" into a Bradley Dack song.

It must be simple to convert the Mungo Jerry song " A long legged woman dressed in black", and its a simple catchy tune. Maybe -

He knows how to make the blues attack,

Bradley Dack, Bradley Dack, Bradley Dack, Dack, Dack. 

Edited by rigger
additional comment

9 hours ago, rigger said:

It must be simple to convert the Mungo Jerry song " A long legged woman dressed in black", and its a simple catchy tune. Maybe -

He knows how to make the blues attack,

Bradley Dack, Bradley Dack, Bradley Dack, Dack, Dack. 

He's a long haired midfielder Bradley Dack, Bradley Dack Bradley Dack Bradley Dack Dack Dack

Or the much simpler ADack, Adack, Adack, Adack,Adack Adack for when we are being too defensive??

All we are saying is give us Nuttaaall if he's on the bench and we need a goal

Alternatively We want Nuttall, we want Nuttall we want Nuttall and we want him NOW to I want it all by Queen?

A re-working of Wise men say only fools rush in, but I cant help loving our Charlie Mulgrew

Conway or another he's gonna get ya, he's gonna get ya get ya get ya

To Kasabian's Fire He's our man 'tween the sticks David Raya

Sorry this sort of sh*t keeps me awake at night

I'd love a proper Nuttall song seeing as that happens to be my surname !!

I'll bugger off now

Saw a video on YouTube of Stoke fans singing a Marc Muniesa song to the theme of 'La Bamba'

Would love a Rovers version, and Ryan Nyambe fits perfectly

R-R-R-Ryan Nyambe, R-R-R-Ryan Nyambe

He plays for Rovers with Conway and Raya

Ryan Nyambe, Ryan Nyambe, R-R-R-Ryan Nyambe..... and so on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOn7LPxHkZk

So easy and catchy!

On 11/21/2017 at 15:46, Dreams of 1995 said:

The sterile environment of Ewood Park is only exacerbated by continuing to charge 20+ quid for walk ons. I took a few friends on early doors this season and they all begrudged paying that amount for the dreadful football and atmosphere.

It really is awful right now and a far cry from our away support. It is as if roles have reversed. We used to travel fairly well compared to some other clubs when in the PL but was never the largest of away followings but Ewood always seemed to have a good atmosphere - a bit of back and forth between the away fans happened whenever a well travelled club came.

Odd how things change

Well it needs a dose of leadership and communication, alongside good results.

This damage hasn't been done in a day, so it would require something special from the top..(cue hysterical laughter!)

To the tune of; Teenage Kicks by the Undertones;

Bradley Dack's so hard to beat

Every time the balls at his feet

He brings excitement and he brings it bad 

And he's the best we've ever had

I wanna hold him, wanna hold him tight

It's Bradley Dack in Blue and White

Alright!

(sing it in your head a few times, it works)

• Like 1